Any jewelcrafting tips

Discuss Median XL!
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
Take my firesorc as an example. I aim for + spelldamage jewel. Is my jewel with 15 spell focus and 2% FSD a good roll? I spent 16 AC, that's the furthest I can get. (crafted 6 similar jewel)
User avatar
Jampula
Harpylisk
1413 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Check chaostyls guide.
Don't roll a single jewel, it' is nice but not great. Keep playing and keep rerolling. Afterall you need atleast 20 of them.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
What do u think, a Rha (3% pierce) vs that jewel I mentioned above?
Siosilvar
Grubber
341 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Chance wrote:What do u think, a Rha (3% pierce) vs that jewel I mentioned above?


Pierce is almost certainly better if you're not already capped.
User avatar
Giu
Cog
203 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Chance wrote:Take my firesorc as an example. I aim for + spelldamage jewel. Is my jewel with 15 spell focus and 2% FSD a good roll? I spent 16 AC, that's the furthest I can get. (crafted 6 similar jewel)

That's a decent roll, first goal is geting 15 sf jewels with 2 sd roll on the zod craft, anything added on top of that like Life/fcr/fhr or 3/4 fsd takes a big amount of AC's to reliably get.
User avatar
marco311
Cog
235 | 5
U shouldn't go under itemlvl 81... so u cannot use the same jewel over 'n over...

1) get jewels inside game
2) do not leave the game
3) go 'n craft jewels inside that same game because "somehow" their base itemlvl "99" will stay for 3-4 crafts before droppin... if u mule crap jewels itemlvl99 on a mule to craft l8r those jewels will drop itemlvl at 1st craft.

if u get any :
4%specific / 10+focus
4%specific / -10 req
4% specific / 2% ene or 1%attr
4%specific / 10fcr or 15fcr
even if it's not the one u're lookin for save it for trade for equivalent...

The jewels u want are -10% req / 4% / 10+ focus

And don't forget u can oil (of luck) all of them...

https://median-xl.com/char/jwls here u can see what u can get...
https://median-xl.com/char/poisonpark here's the parkin of sc ladder gear for a poison sorc and a cold sorc in Zann esu set...
some jewels are spread around... meh there's even a poison sorceress orb at 120%poison dmg...

the majority of -10%req/4%/focus are inside Sacred ceremonial Curandera
and 1 -10%req/4% is always inside those pieces with high req in str/dex...
But unless u put a crap jewel into a XIS rune u can always replace it...
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
marco311 wrote:U shouldn't go under itemlvl 81... so u cannot use the same jewel over 'n over...

1) get jewels inside game
2) do not leave the game
3) go 'n craft jewels inside that same game because "somehow" their base itemlvl "99" will stay for 3-4 crafts before droppin... if u mule crap jewels itemlvl99 on a mule to craft l8r those jewels will drop itemlvl at 1st craft.

if u get any :
4%specific / 10+focus
4%specific / -10 req
4% specific / 2% ene or 1%attr
4%specific / 10fcr or 15fcr
even if it's not the one u're lookin for save it for trade for equivalent...

The jewels u want are -10% req / 4% / 10+ focus

And don't forget u can oil (of luck) all of them...

https://median-xl.com/char/jwls here u can see what u can get...
https://median-xl.com/char/poisonpark here's the parkin of sc ladder gear for a poison sorc and a cold sorc in Zann esu set...
some jewels are spread around... meh there's even a poison sorceress orb at 120%poison dmg...

the majority of -10%req/4%/focus are inside Sacred ceremonial Curandera
and 1 -10%req/4% is always inside those pieces with high req in str/dex...
But unless u put a crap jewel into a XIS rune u can always replace it...

Wow, that's a lot of experience. Thank you so much. But I have a question. Why not leave the game?
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
And u can give me cookie so I can give u cookie @@
Marrt
Grubber
304 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Chance wrote:Wow, that's a lot of experience. Thank you so much. But I have a question. Why not leave the game?

Jewels that you get from high level areas will have high ilvl > 99, meaning that you get more jewel rerolls. If you leave the game, their ilvl will get reduced to 99, meaning less jewel rerolls. Vizjun is a good farming spot for jewels.
blatkill
Cog
226 | 19
Chance wrote:And u can give me cookie so I can give u cookie @@


coockie given :p

EDIT :
2% spell / 10+ SF / 1 nice add (-10%, 2% ene , 1% att, 4% spell) is a solid base. Must be kept (and luckied ofc).