Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I'll keep it short:

If you've ever tried to play a new ladder season and found that after the first game, you can't find anyone or any game that's at the same stage as you are... you'll know how frustrating it is to try to play ladder. Unless you're lucky enough to have friends who play.

I'm sure we've all joined a game called "A1 normal" and found that they're in Act 3. Lots of stuff like that, adding up to not being able to find people who're at the same stage of the game, so you end up playing alone and wondering why you don't just play SP.

So, a suggestion is that this could be helped by having guilds, which allows people to schedule times to play together with some degree of trust in the people you're playing with.

If it's too difficult to do in the game code, maybe it could be done as part of the web site functionality.

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts and ideas on this.
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Well there is something like a timer, and u usually can find it when u hit one of this games. It show u how long such a game is online, so if u joining A1 Normal that is online for 3-4hours + ..than u cant rly expected its act 1 at all.

Auto tittle could work this out, no more stupid game names just A1 Norm, A1 Norm (1), A1 Norm (2) .... and when host leave a1 to a2 it could auto change. But I hardly believe its possible to do something like that
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Discord is probably your best bet on this one. I don't think the devs will want to put in the work to create a whole new in game guild system when it's quite easy to start a free discord server with some friends and accomplish the same thing.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The main reason I don't play in TSW much. Few friends I have playing live in different time-zones and my playing-time is so random so it's hard to schedule. And I don't see any point to play alone in server like most do...
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jampula wrote:The main reason I don't play in TSW much. Few friends I have playing live in different time-zones and my playing-time is so random so it's hard to schedule. And I don't see any point to play alone in server like most do...

Yes that's the point. I think other people replying must've skim-read my post - as I mentioned before, you can't make a group with friends if you don't have friends who play this game. And the "A1 Norm" game was just one example (try finding a game at the same stage when you're in A4 NM or Hell - or when you want to run a boss, get a charm... or whatever).

The old days when everyone was doing cows or Baal minion runs were a bit boring, but at least you knew where to find other players.

Guilds is one way to find other players - there may be others such as making games that are like PoE "maps" so that they do that exact piece of territory and then end because they have nothing left to do after that. But my personal view is that guilds would be better - one reason is that it leaves the game designers free to do what they want, no need for maps etc. I don't know how difficult it would be technically (either via the web site or in-game) - maybe it's a feature people should ask for in the new D2:R.
mizunos499
Fallen
1 | 0
You can also teach all online or live stream for free on platforms easily