Discuss Median XL!
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
D2R releases September 23rd. Then we'll finally see whether it's worth buying it or not and how strong of a PC you'll need.
Redemption
Gravedigger
195 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
So with the upcoming 2.0 patch they’re removing all act 1-5 monsters and elites making the game pretty much 100% new. If they left the game how it is there might be a chance to update to resurrected graphics but not anymore. It would require a complete graphical overhaul which I’m not sure the developers are capable of. (No offense at all, it’s just very very costly and time consuming to convert enemy, character and level models to high definition)
Also not to mention I’m sure most of the player base on median along with other private servers use a torrent of the game. Which would require them to wait for resurrected to get a torrent copy or buy a copy at $40 just to see if their computer could actually even run it.
I think this game is great how it is minus the upto date graphics. Even though I’m fairly new still I’ve enjoyed what I’ve experienced so far.
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
Imperius wrote:I hope they move to Ressurrect coz the new graphs are beautiful, Blaz said somewhere that theres a chance for this to be happening, one can only hope.

Maybe you need to compare quality of the most effects in LOD and Ressurected to figure out that in D2R it looks like a plastic, and items in the inventory drawn so bad.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
PodolskyV wrote:
Imperius wrote:I hope they move to Ressurrect coz the new graphs are beautiful, Blaz said somewhere that theres a chance for this to be happening, one can only hope.

Maybe you need to compare quality of the most effects in LOD and Ressurected to figure out that in D2R it looks like a plastic, and items in the inventory drawn so bad.

Bearded_DooD wrote:"same"

Its only your opponion and i respect it.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
IDK man, with reshade-shaders, D2 looks pretty freaking modern in Sigma if you ask me! IDK why anybody would play without that......
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Blizzard is still actively working on the graphics for D2R. For example just recently they updated lightning effects, because they were not visual enough compared to other effects. It's comparable to the Sonic movie... it's not the final interation yet. That also means that you as a potential customer still have the chance to actively influence the game and give your criticism on their forums.

How the items look in the stash or inventory... srsly, who cares? Much more important is how the items look on the character models, since that's what you look at 99% of the time.

Imho graphics were never really that important for D2. I think we can all agree on that since we're all here for the old version of the game, which has outdated graphics to say the least. Which is why I think the only thing we should focus on is how good the Modding tools will be. It's only important for people who either want to learn how to mod/program and people who want to see the things other people make out of the modding tools. And if you don't care about either, that's fine, too.
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
"How the items look in the stash or inventory... srsly, who cares" Nope, items in the inventory are much bigger sprites than whole character model, so it's exactly opposite.
Azathoth
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
I am one of those people who would not have liked the feeling of D2 to be changed with D2R, but honestly, this new game looks absolutely amazing. All of the haters I see must be mad. If there were an easy way to move all the hard work of the devs to D2R, it would probably have to become the new MedianXL. Unfortunately there just isn't.

With that in mind, isn't MedianXL employing a lot of unused resources from D2? These would not be there in D2R, I can imagine, right? So from the start you'd have to recreate models, sprites and a lot of other stuff from scratch, even for the 2012 version.
kingpin
Prowler
17 | 2
The funny is that d2: r actually updated unused art. Good for modders, bad for them wasted resources.

Modding serious mod in d2: r Will be hard.

Private realms big No
Code injection big No. Already Been send out c & d and dcma for d2: r modding attempts.

Any mod like median in its current stage is impossible.

Brother laz Did median originally softcoded.

You Will se simpler drop mods or balance mods and Also ui mods. Anyone more serious about modding is forced to stay in Diablo 2: legacy.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
PodolskyV wrote:"How the items look in the stash or inventory... srsly, who cares" Nope, items in the inventory are much bigger sprites than whole character model, so it's exactly opposite.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... -learnings

Scroll down to "Icon updates". I just thought it might be of interest to you.