Discuss Median XL!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I haven't seen a post from any of the devs in General or Announcements for months, we've been on Goblin Season for... feels like ages. There's rumours of a MXL2.0 (and people say the characters will be non-transferrable from the current game, so no point in playing SP). There's been Blizzard announcements about D2:R...

Would be good to hear an official update as to what's happening in the game. Looks dead to anyone reading the forums.
TheFlash91
Lava Lord
99 | 1
there are some news in Discord
r41714
Rust Claw
86 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
pretty sure they are working hard to get the 2.0 release out. The work right before final release is always hectic, and quite often crazy.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
We are working hard and restlessly on patch v2.0 and we are not (yet) dead from exhaustion. The beta for it started almost a month ago and content is steadly being fed to the testers more or less on a weekly cadence. The cycle is stabilizing and speeding up, but there is still plenty of work to be done before the finalizing phase; thus the goblin season has still rooms in which to invest playtime.
More info about the upcoming version can be found and discussed on Discord, while if you want to join the beta testing you can subscribe to the "Riftwalker" tier on Patreon (being in Discord is a must). Just remember that Patreon will charge you money for your pledge every 1st of the month, and also keep in mind that beta access is not to be considered a 2.0 early access, things on the beta realm are structured first of all as a testing enviroment.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
RequiemLux wrote:We are working hard and restlessly on patch v2.0 and we are not (yet) dead from exhaustion. The beta for it started almost a month ago and content is steadly being fed to the testers more or less on a weekly cadence. The cycle is stabilizing and speeding up, but there is still plenty of work to be done before the finalizing phase; thus the goblin season has still rooms in which to invest playtime.
More info about the upcoming version can be found and discussed on Discord, while if you want to join the beta testing you can subscribe to the "Riftwalker" tier on Patreon (being in Discord is a must). Just remember that Patreon will charge you money for your pledge every 1st of the month, and also keep in mind that beta access is not to be considered a 2.0 early access, things on the beta realm are structured first of all as a testing enviroment.

Thanks for the update. Good to know :D
Looking forward to it :bounce:
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco made a small update at discord
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
It's a bit weird that most info was announced on Discord only but not here on our official forum. Important announcements like beta access & patreon should've definitely also been made here imo.
Edited by OverSky 2 years.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
OverSky wrote:It's a bit weird that most info was announced on Discord only but not here on our official forum. Important announcements like beta access & patreon should've definitely also made here imo.

Absolutely, but it's missing from the "NEWS" page, which BTW last update was 5-months ago: https://www.median-xl.com/
It's missing from the "ANNOUNCEMENTS" tab on the forums: viewforum.php?f=25

One thing I liked about Laz is that he was consistent with his involvement with the community and responding to his audience, explaining ideas he had for his upcoming patches, rather he used them or not, and receptive to the desires of the community as a whole. In it's current iteration, there are some excellent moderators, but the forums feel mostly abandoned. I will occasionally load up Discord to see if there is anything interesting, but I don't care to sift through pages and pages of boring chat logs myself. I feel like they (the MXL team) is letting this mod die. Perhaps they lost interest/hope in it once Diablo Resurrection was announced and are slowly looking to leave this mod once and for all, giving us one final version, 2.0, before calling it quits!? That is what it seems like to me.
duysir0
Lava Lord
92 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
OverSky wrote:It's a bit weird that most info was announced on Discord only but not here on our official forum. Important announcements like beta access & patreon should've definitely also made here imo.

-This. I've been having this in my gut for quite some time. Why is Discord having better treatment nowadays? Like it's everywhere. How to kill Diablo: "Join our Discord", When is 2.0: "available on Discord #announcement", How to put on condom:" Discord", how to abort an unwanted baby:"Discord", Discord, DISCORD....Now the forum kinda feels like a hated older child in the family it's sad.

-What about the non Discord users laying in this forum wasteland, waiting for any pic n leak, just 1. Do we get anything? None!
-No need to be anything grand, just a little something to hype us up, it's been like 6 months without anything. Nope, forum users are left guessing in the dark with here and there reply from Discord user or mod, like they're messiah coming back from above civilization blessing us ape with modern knowledge. It ticks me.
(Inb4 they put all the game Documentations and Trade center behind Discord lol)
-Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Discord. It's a better chatting n sharing service than most out there but.how to put it, Discord's kinda niche platform, a bit too "gamer orientated" with all the meme-y login screen and emotes. Feel like twitch and reddit if they had a baby. Never been a fan of either. To a casual such as myself, I feel like an outsider after joining a Discord server or watching a Twitch stream lol, what is with all this weird emote spam lol. It just doesn't feel good staying there let alone sticking around to get information.
-Just don't play favorites. Don't just frequently active in one platform without giving a f*ck bout the other. I guess it's fine coming from users, they stay and do wtf they want, but com'on Median mod, do better.
Edited by duysir0 2 years.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies