Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
In addition to the mentioned by Requiem,

OverSky wrote:It's a bit weird that most info was announced on Discord only but not here on our official forum. Important announcements like beta access & patreon should've definitely also been made here imo.

Due to the currently ongoing testing of the shared stash, the servers aren't too stable, causing some item loss. This is why we've been keeping a low profile about it, because we don't want to further promote it until we get things into more of a stable spot. Until now, Requiem has been echoing discord announcements in the Goblin Patch Notes thread, but I agree there is some truth to the issues raised here, the communication could've been better. The reason for the lack of it is due to all of it going to the beta team, which needs it. We'll try to do better :)

duysir0 wrote:-Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Discord. It's a better chatting n sharing service than most out there but.how to put it, Discord's kinda niche platform, a bit too "gamer orientated" with all the meme-y login screen and emotes.

This is relatable, I joined the MXL Discord when it was already 2 years old. But you're comparing forums & discord as if they are some sort of competition between each other. The reason discord has seen more frequent updates than other venues is that it's very practical and efficient. Forum's expectations wouldn't be satisfied by a topic with a single screenshot. These are a better place for having a great explanation or discussion about a new feature. And don't get me wrong, we love those. But we usually leave them for when the bulk of our work is already done.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marco wrote:In addition to the mentioned by Requiem,

OverSky wrote:It's a bit weird that most info was announced on Discord only but not here on our official forum. Important announcements like beta access & patreon should've definitely also been made here imo.

Due to the currently ongoing testing of the shared stash, the servers aren't too stable, causing some item loss. This is why we've been keeping a low profile about it, because we don't want to further promote it until we get things into more of a stable spot. Until now, Requiem has been echoing discord announcements in the Goblin Patch Notes thread, but I agree there is some truth to the issues raised here, the communication could've been better. The reason for the lack of it is due to all of it going to the beta team, which needs it. We'll try to do better :)

duysir0 wrote:-Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Discord. It's a better chatting n sharing service than most out there but.how to put it, Discord's kinda niche platform, a bit too "gamer orientated" with all the meme-y login screen and emotes.

This is relatable, I joined the MXL Discord when it was already 2 years old. But you're comparing forums & discord as if they are some sort of competition between each other. The reason discord has seen more frequent updates than other venues is that it's very practical and efficient. Forum's expectations wouldn't be satisfied by a topic with a single screenshot. These are a better place for having a great explanation or discussion about a new feature. And don't get me wrong, we love those. But we usually leave them for when the bulk of our work is already done.

Do better ? People like me are still waiting , looking thru forums at least four-five times a week. Trust me dude, you guys could not had been doing this better ! I love the wait between , thats a part of the fun. I think people are to eager for their own good sometimes :mrgreen:
gulch
Destroyer
6 | 3
Not sure, I have zero reasons to play on TSW due to lag issues and having irregular hours (meaning playing together is difficult at best). I'm not looking forward to "the best wait of my life" for another season of online-only content. Hoping that it's 100% on and offline this time around.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
gulch wrote:Not sure, I have zero reasons to play on TSW due to lag issues and having irregular hours (meaning playing together is difficult at best). I'm not looking forward to "the best wait of my life" for another season of online-only content. Hoping that it's 100% on and offline this time around.

We've had something like 8-10 or more, on+off patches and 1 pure online patch, I don't think you have to worry about it being offline or not.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yes that was kind of my feeling when I asked the question - not everyone installs every app that comes along as the latest new gizmo or fashion. People move around on new stuff all the time - facebook, twitter, snapchat, Whatsapp, instagram, signal, then it's twitch, discord... blah blah. Endless.

If I want to know what's going on with something I go to its web site.

One other point is people always being steered to use the short questions thread. It usually means wading through tons of posts about other things (often to find that no-one has answered your question) but probably more importantly, it makes this game look dead. A thriving game has an active web site.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I'd love to see a trailer for the 2.0 patch announcement.

Just to generate more hype for the game.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marco wrote:But you're comparing forums & discord as if they are some sort of competition between each other. The reason discord has seen more frequent updates than other venues is that it's very practical and efficient. Forum's expectations wouldn't be satisfied by a topic with a single screenshot. These are a better place for having a great explanation or discussion about a new feature. And don't get me wrong, we love those. But we usually leave them for when the bulk of our work is already done.

I think what people here are feeling is that they're currently getting nothing at all on forums, everything has been done on discord for quite a long time now so it feels like a competition that the forums have already lost.

On that basis, we'd settle for "a topic with a single screenshot" - or even just some text-only post in a dedicated thread for quick one-line updates - something like that - just something short and (fairly) regular would be fine.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think this means its time to bring back the Shoutbox.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Captcha wrote:
Marco wrote:But you're comparing forums & discord as if they are some sort of competition between each other. The reason discord has seen more frequent updates than other venues is that it's very practical and efficient. Forum's expectations wouldn't be satisfied by a topic with a single screenshot. These are a better place for having a great explanation or discussion about a new feature. And don't get me wrong, we love those. But we usually leave them for when the bulk of our work is already done.

I think what people here are feeling is that they're currently getting nothing at all on forums, everything has been done on discord for quite a long time now so it feels like a competition that the forums have already lost.

On that basis, we'd settle for "a topic with a single screenshot" - or even just some text-only post in a dedicated thread for quick one-line updates - something like that - just something short and (fairly) regular would be fine.

I don't think we have seen something along the lines of preferential treatement regarding discord. The forum and discord are different tools and as such exist for different purposes. The forum is the big brain, where occasionally wot's appear, where people can discuss their favourite build or whatever.

Those wot's can't happen on discord though.

Discord is a lot closer to the community because there it's all about fun and memes and random chatting mostly. I personally don't like these kind of group chats, but to each his own.

Anyway, while I agree that there has been some kind of neglect for the forum, we never had to wait days for the same announcements, so imho it isn't that much of a difference. And the few announcements we don't get on the forum are merely things like beta key giveaways, which makes sense to post on discord rather than the forum.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I find myself struggling to understand that Larry. There's been no update on any upcoming patch for weeks on the forums but there have (apparently) been updates on discord. Forum-only users don't think that's a good idea. Seems straightforward enough.