Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
The utter futility of whining about HC in mxl. Fixed that for you.
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
84 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Thraxis wrote:The utter futility of whining about HC in mxl. Fixed that for you.

Please, spare me the childish contempt. I registered a relevant and entirely legitimate complaint about one specific game mechanism (namely, "Baal can insta-kill a Hardcore character even AFTER Baal was already killed by that character") which amounts to a bug in the game system. Hopefully the developers will fix this rather egregious bug, sooner rather than later.

However cheap-shot remarks like the one you made are not helpful and do not constructively move the discussion forward. Thanks in advance for refraining from this type of thing in the future.
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
84 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Mr_Bill wrote:Level 55+ Spearazon (~1900 hit points, supermax resists, 15K+ defense), killed by Normal Baal AFTER BAAL WAS ALREADY DEAD (see screen shot) :

Pounced on top of him (had full Pounce "Fury" bonus on), stabbed him with "Great Hunt", he went down in about a second and a half, was just about to talk to Tyrael when his black pool of death appeared beneath my feet and one-shotted me far too quickly to drink a potion, to move or to do anything. This was AFTER Baal was clearly dead and his corpse lay splattered beneath the pillar that you see in the above screen shot.

Ironically, after I hit "Escape", it presented me with the following congratulatory screen :

So let's consider this, Median players : you can be one-shotted by a boss monster even after you have killed him, despite the fact that (unlike, for example, Andariel's Meteor Shower) he did not appear to initiate any attack on you prior to being killed.

In Median, even dead monsters can kill you without warning.

Nothing "unfairly hard" about THIS game... right, folks?

Forgot to mention, the character also had about a 28,000 defense factor immediately after doing a "Pounce".

This game is obviously poorly-suited to Hardcore play, and in this respect it (only -- Median is much better than CLoD otherwise) it does not compare well with Hardcore D2, in which succeeding as a Hardcore character (while sometimes very difficult, e.g. with Ubers) was quite possible with cautious play and moderately good luck (the one caveat that I would mention here is lag on Battle.Net, which could and often did kill off even well-geared and well-played characters). I don't play Hardcore Median on TSW any more, for exactly the same reason.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
28k defense doesn't do anything against a magic damage spell.

Reporting that some boss skills that aren't intended as on-death effects go off after death (Diablo summoning adds also comes to mind) over in the bug reports thread might be useful, it's one of those things that everyone knows but I don't think anyone bothered to report. But a whole thread complaining about hardcore? Hardcore is an unfair challenge you're welcome to opt into, but the game is designed around softcore. Less so nowadays with almost all of the 50k damage oneshots removed (e.g. Dunc barrels are 7k now and Death Projector can be tanked by a merc), but still not what they've been focusing on.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Was it instant death or an on death proc that killed you? If the latter, then that's hardly a bug, but a function of that particular enemy skill, such as the death strikes from the countess minions pre Sigma; you could still do countess in hardcore pre Sigma, just had to be aware of on death strikes.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Mr_Bill wrote:
Thraxis wrote:The utter futility of whining about HC in mxl. Fixed that for you.

Please, spare me the childish contempt. I registered a relevant and entirely legitimate complaint about one specific game mechanism (namely, "Baal can insta-kill a Hardcore character even AFTER Baal was already killed by that character") which amounts to a bug in the game system. Hopefully the developers will fix this rather egregious bug, sooner rather than later.

However cheap-shot remarks like the one you made are not helpful and do not constructively move the discussion forward. Thanks in advance for refraining from this type of thing in the future.

Istaryu wrote:
Mr_Bill wrote:In Median, even dead monsters can kill you without warning.

I guess the black ground effect that lingers on the ground for like 3 seconds before the spell hits is not warning enough.

i raise you this again. That black ground effect is the same he uses troughout the fight.
Thraxis
Thunder Beetle
55 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Mr_Bill wrote:

Taking a little jab at your title is hardly a cheap shot, maybe grow some thicker skin, or spend your time in HC being aware of what's happening in the game. It's not a bug that he has a delayed attack and that you missed it.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thraxis wrote:It's not a bug

i can't believe you would ever say this sentence. it's obviously a bug that an enemy attack worked exactly as it was designed