help Oskil lvl limit ?

Discuss Median XL!
Lionel
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi, I need your help here because I feel like my brain is going to explode

I don't understand why the same relic has different skill points on different characters.
I have an Assassin and an Amazon and this is what happens when I transfer the relic

Why does this happen?
The Assassin is throwing knives build, she doesn't even have Psionic Storm points,
the same thing happens to me with item abilities
pfl0nk
Jungle Hunter
25 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
isnt it because its a class skill for assa so its maxed to +3
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
^^This. Oskills have a limit of only +3 if used by class that have this skill in tree since it's not limited to it's class only.
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
Things are much worse than u think...
1st relic u get has +3, all ther others (same kind) +"0"...
so, yeah, if u wanna do a psionic storm built > it'll hit for more on a "non assassin" 1 (assuming u got tons of relics)...
Taem
Necrobot
2469 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
marco311 wrote:Things are much worse than u think...
so, yeah, if u wanna do a psionic storm built > it'll hit for more on a "non assassin" 1 (assuming u got tons of relics)...

Lol, how incredibly stupid is that?!? If you want to create a build around a relic, you are better off NOT having that skill naturally... You know because it makes so much sense! Lol. I've never liked this mechanic, and it seems to confuse literally everyone! The devs should lower the skill bonus from relics and remove the class specific bullshit entirely. It's antiquated and frankly moronic.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Taem wrote:
marco311 wrote:Things are much worse than u think...

Lol, how incredibly stupid is that?!? If you want to create a build around a relic, you are better off NOT having that skill naturally... You know because it makes so much sense! Lol. I've never liked this mechanic, and it seems to confuse literally everyone! The devs should lower the skill bonus from relics and remove the class specific bullshit entirely. It's antiquated and frankly moronic.

@marco I assume that's true for all other relics you put in the same item, right? Since the +3 is the max you can get from a single item (and relics basically only "add" another +3, but it still can't go above the natural +3 from the same item it is socketed in. So you should get another +3 if you put the 2nd relic into a different item)

In a way, it makes sense.

And yea, I understand your point taem. I just don't think it's possible to balance. Let's say you have an oskill add +10 through a relic 5 times, then the character who has the skill naturally has an advantage of at least +25, plus all the synergies (if there are any) and to top it off it also profits from + character skill levels and not only from + skill levels.

In order to get rid of that mechanic you would need to add a bonus to the skill when using it and not having it in your skill tree.

Another solution would be to make it impossible for class skills to be oskills. But that would take a few possible builds away.

Another solution would be raising the cap, since there are obviously more +skill effects than in vanilla D2.

A combination of all 3 is probably our best bet for a real solution.
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
Example of what I mean (tried) :
u get a sorc with 4 arcane torrent relic (+%maxmana/+arcane torrent),
u put 4 relics into gloves = gloves show +3 arcane torrent,
u put 1 relic in helm,gloves,boots,belt = each piece will show +3 to arcane torrent but the total amount of +arcane torrent added will be just "+3" (u still get the %maxmana)..

U do the same thing with necro and u make an arcane necro (with dark guardian +30 arcane torrent) and u do deffo more dmg even at lower %total mana...
So, unless psionic is an "exception", with 2 psionic storm relics on an assassin u will get:
+3 psionic stom, +20%psionic storm dmg... careless where u're gonna put those...
Now, sorc has Chronofield, necro has bane and u can get minflay relic and others... to debuff mobs for dmg...
Due to the nature of how immersion works, u can add that manastorm wand as a necro (+20immersion), stacking even immersion relics, save 1 debuff on target, put 1 antimass relic and u'll do "much more" than an arcane sorc at 52k manapool (with +14 raven/ lvl 145 sorc) with a 40k manapool necro lvl 130 (not even finalized with umos)..

final necro arcane torrent lvl (121), sorc 85... so even if sorc has more mana necro get more %of mana into dmg... so he ends up doin more...

With other relics it's even worse... if u're a fire sorc... 1st flamefront relic = +3flamefront/+1 projectiles, 2nd will just add +1 extra projectile...
If u put 6 flamefronts relics into a 6sox staff (anykind, even a Spire of Kehjan (a crafted 1 would be better) u can make a lab 12+ dudu doin more dmg than a sorc (starting from 6[8-13] = 48/78 flamefront lvl) with more projectiles... u'll end up by stacking doin much more than a sorc...
Flamefront dudu? Just put a Dux Infernum with 6 (or a crafted crystal sword with +4all/fire pierce/fired dmg or even 1 aeterna 5/x/40), 1 barrier with 6 flamefront relics... total ownage (if u find those relics ofc), and flamefront is even cheap on mana cost so u could even go full vitality...

Same 0skill are bugged... if u're an unholy paladin u can still use divine judgement, but the relic will come at +3 (so u will always have a cd on it)...
if u're a holy paladin u can use tainted blood relic...