Training dummy

Discuss Median XL!
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dear devs, is it possible to add training dummy, which will display DamagePerSecond (dps), when you hit it?
It will be useful to see the dps of different builds, and percentage of phisical/poison/ice... dmg.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
felixcatto wrote:Dear devs, is it possible to add training dummy, which will display DamagePerSecond (dps), when you hit it?
It will be useful to see the dps of different builds, and percentage of phisical/poison/ice... dmg.

agree with you buddy, would be nice
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Kinda too hard to implement in d2 i think.. Simply not worth effort. And it's easy to count since you have d2stats
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I am not sure about "easy to count with d2 stats" because you have attack/cast speed, procs from weapons, cooldowns... Even manually multiplying spell pierce or calculating poison dps is not a fun thing.
lavasoft
Jungle Hunter
28 | 13
Agree completely, Terraria's dps meter and training dummy make it much easier to visualize damage increases w/ hard stats without having to guess and it adds a lot to the game. Median has many more stats and mechanics at play which make it even more difficult to make accurate conclusions about dps changes when changing equipment, everything revolves around how it "feels" or how fast you feel you clear areas after and before a change. Throw in the fact that enemy health is communicated to the player only via bars and no numbers along with the fact that avoid/DS/procs/etc. can drastically change test results on single target bosses when trying to measure your dps and you have a situation where its extremely difficult to see small incremental changes to damage that may come about from small gear upgrades and optimizations making them unsatisfying. Haha, even old school runescape added a training dummy to show max hits and in that game the calculation couldn't be simpler.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Doesn't have to be a dps-meter.

Could be a stationary, harmless mob (like symbol of time in torajan cemetary) with a set and known amount of hp/res. then you can punch it until it dies and divide its hp by the seconds it took to kill it, and you have your dps.
Fellerd
Thunder Beetle
58 | 11
Some time ago I played a few mods that had floating dmg text whenever you hit something.If that could be implemented,you could calculate how much your dps is (considering breakpoints and such).Otherwise,I don't know if a training dummy like that is implementable.
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
But immortal mob will be better :) Give him a super high health and regen. When you start hitting it, the text with dps displays. And if you don't hit it for 5 secs, the dps text resets to 0.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Fellerd wrote:Some time ago I played a few mods that had floating dmg text whenever you hit something.If that could be implemented,you could calculate how much your dps is

With nature of MXL which have sometimes loooooot of hits per second - it would be just an endless numbers spam. I think Wulf idea is the most vable. But again, it's not really needed since you can test your damage on existed bosses. Like i'm seeing how fast i kill Gris to see how fast i can kill Butcher and if i have enough dps (once i hit 105) and so on.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Well, if it's possible to implement, I think it would be better if the displayed damage on that test mob stacked, since Scalewinged has a point with Medians Multihit nature.