Clarification on Elemental Bases and WDM and Elemental Damage

Discuss Median XL!
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Lets say I have a fire bow druid that uses elemental base ( void-touched ) and I deal 1000 fire damage.
I also have a Relic that gives me Trinity Arrow skill. ( this skill converts weapon damage to 33.3% fire, 33.3% cold and 33.3% light ).

So my question is:

1) what happens to my damage?

I've been reading about this but I can't figure out what happens to my damage and how much damage I would deal.
Since this is an elemental base and has no weapon damage, I assume that I would NOT be dealing any cold or lightning damage. But does that mean I would only be dealing 33.3% (333) fire damage? Or would I be dealing 99.9% (999) fire damage?

2) Also, what happens if I add 100 enhanced damage? I assume since this is an elemental bow then it would do nothing?

3) However what if I would have a ring that ads 10-20 damage? Would the elemental base carry the 10-20 damage? Would the 10-20 damage get converted to 33%fire 33%cold 33%light?

4) Also, is there a concrete guide about elemental bases that explains everything about them?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
1. Damage conversion only affects physical damage and not other kinds of damage. You have no physical damage so you'll be dealing 1000 fire damage.

2. Correct. If you add 100% ED, your bow's 0 base physical damage will be increased by 100% and still be 0.

3. If you have 10-20 phys damage on a ring, then you'll have 10-20 damage that will get converted by Trinity Arrow to F/C/L. %ED won't increase this number, but %EWD will. Your total damage (assuming 0 EWD; I don't remember if elemental bases have their dex/str EWD scaling set to 0) will be ~1005 fire, ~5 cold, ~5 lite.

4. No idea, but you can treat them just like any other weapon with added elemental damage, it's just that their base physical damage is 0 and they get flat bonus elemental damage from stats (and only that flat damage is increased by %IED)
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
1) Conversion affects only PHYSICAL weapon+flat dmg
Btw you won't leech any life/mana and deal 0 crushing blow

3) Add your %wdm to those PHYSICAL flat dmg then
they will be converted into fire/cold/lightning

If there is a dex multiplier, would be written like on SSU KRISS (it's a dagger) : BLACK RAZOR.

Same results as @Siosilvar says.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Siosilvar wrote:

godoffails wrote:

Thank you for your answers!

I have one more question. Let's say I have Screaming Eagle (barbarian) oskil. It adds elemental and magic damage per hit.
1) So first of all, is screaming eagle considered a curse or a debuff?

2) Also, how would screaming eagle work in this example? If I'm dealing only fire damage, does that mean I would only get the fire per hit benefit from screaming eagle and nothing else?
If yes, then what if I have another source for cold. light and magic damage? What if I have a ring that adds 10 cold damage, 10 light damage and 10 magic damage? Would screaming eagle then work properly?
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
1) I think Wolf companion attacks / Screaming eagle are curses : like assassin's doom
Miasma looks like an area debuff : like druid's mythal and sorceress' blast force.

2) A hit is everything else poison so you gain 100% of elemental/magic damage (25% F/C/L/Magic?) from screaming eagle.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Screaming eagle can’t be a true “curse” because it works in labs, where curses do not work.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
altoiddealer wrote:Screaming eagle can’t be a true “curse” because it works in labs, where curses do not work.

Does wolf companions hunter's mark work in labs?
Also, does screaming eagle and hunter mark overwrite each other or do they work together?
leexun
Stone Warrior
30 | 11
tempmail wrote:
Does wolf companions hunter's mark work in labs?
Also, does screaming eagle and hunter mark overwrite each other or do they work together?

from lab 9th onward, it won't, none of curses work, due to Monsters have Curse Immunity (you can view detail in charged riftstone's description)

screaming eagle and hunter mark are different debuffs, they won't overwite each other, instead, they add in together, and work like "Target takes xx additional damage", it's like you have 2 items that have this option
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
leexun wrote:
screaming eagle and hunter mark are different debuffs, they won't overwite each other, instead, they add in together, and work like "Target takes xx additional damage", it's like you have 2 items that have this option

TTAD doesn't really work like wolf debuff, TTAD only adds damage to direct melee swings, wolf debuff causes the target to take additional damage for each hit/instance of wdm through negative flat PDR.