Introduction to TG; How to make TG in early league?

Discuss Median XL!
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hey guys,
I've played MXL for quite a while, but just now made a forum account. I've taken chars to the mid game before (beating hell baal, doing some ubers).
I'm really excited for the 2.0 league, and I want to "tryhard" to make good chars and take them to the true late game in SC.
I was wondering what are the ways that people make TG in the first few days of the league; I remember hearing that farming and selling Arcane crystals could be pretty good, but was wondering what all the "traditional" methods are.
I've never traded, so I don't really know prices or anything either; currently looking through the website trade section to orient myself.

Also what's the process for buying and selling items?

Apart from responses to the above questions, I would appreciate general tips about TG, trading, and TG farming as well.
Also can someone tell me how much TG I get per $ donated? It's not listed anywhere, I think I owe the developers some money anyway :D
p2w
Mahasattva
911 | 58
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
1$=10tg for donate

selling items rare or selling items can save time (AC\Sigs\Trophy frags) always earn TG
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
AC and sigs have good value at the start of the season, so if you're okay with farming nihlatak for hours.. then that will get you some starting tg. In mid-game you can make a char for farming rifts (dunc/fauzt) and sell items, or you can make a boss killer and sell charms/frags. In late game killing samael/deimoss will earn you good money, but that requires investment into good gear/umos/relics. Otherwise you can continue farming items/trophies or going into labs for the UMO drops from Phoboss.

As for prices, you can use the price check in the trading section. For certain items you might see large variances in the price, but it should give you some idea of the price range. Note that prices are generally higher in the beginning of the season.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
p2w wrote:1$=10tg for donate

selling items rare or selling items can save time (AC\Sigs\Trophy frags) always earn TG

Ty
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marrt wrote:AC and sigs have good value at the start of the season, so if you're okay with farming nihlatak for hours.. then that will get you some starting tg. In mid-game you can make a char for farming rifts (dunc/fauzt) and sell items, or you can make a boss killer and sell charms/frags. In late game killing samael/deimoss will earn you good money, but that requires investment into good gear/umos/relics. Otherwise you can continue farming items/trophies or going into labs for the UMO drops from Phoboss.

As for prices, you can use the price check in the trading section. For certain items you might see large variances in the price, but it should give you some idea of the price range. Note that prices are generally higher in the beginning of the season.

Ty
Swanky
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Set items in the first week sell for decent prices and drop quite frequently once you get to toraja/K3K
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Swanky wrote:Set items in the first week sell for decent prices and drop quite frequently once you get to toraja/K3K

Ty, how do I know which sets are actually valuable? Is it important to have all the set pieces or can I sell just the pieces?
momope
Bone Archer
77 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
What do you do once you have thousands of dollars worth of the tg?
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
momope wrote:What do you do once you have thousands of dollars worth of the tg?

Hookers and cocaine
Swanky
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
CorralTheTroops wrote:
Swanky wrote:Set items in the first week sell for decent prices and drop quite frequently once you get to toraja/K3K

Ty, how do I know which sets are actually valuable? Is it important to have all the set pieces or can I sell just the pieces?

I suppose that depends on how popular the character is/whether the set is good, your best bet is to search/price check for the item in the trade section of the site, most go for around 10-20.

You're able to sell most set pieces on their own at the start of the season, I tend to try to sell as soon as I get them if I won't be using myself