Resurrected version Models

Discuss Median XL!
andri3
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hello everyone, I have a really important question regarding the Resurrected version of the mod - is it going to feature custom model replacements of the classes and some of the monsters? As the current models of D2R are completely off-putting and are neither true to the original d2 nor are lore friendly.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
There will be no Resurrected version of MXL Sigma.

Laz has said he will try to do MXL 2012 on Resurrected, but you'll have to ask him because he's not associated with the team here any more.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:There will be no Resurrected version of MXL Sigma.

Laz has said he will try to do MXL 2012 on Resurrected, but you'll have to ask him because he's not associated with the team here any more.

He gave up after hearing that D2R won't have any TCP/IP support and that private servers will be banned.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
ParticuLarry wrote:

He gave up after hearing that D2R won't have any TCP/IP support and that private servers will be banned.

Ah, not surprised. Kinda pointless for most folks to write mods if they're single player only.
andri3
Skeleton
3 | 0

Thanks, but it seems that there wont be any major mods on D2R. I guess my hope will remain in small mods that would change the character models only :D
TheGoldenArmy
Bone Archer
73 | 0
Siosilvar wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:

Ah, not surprised. Kinda pointless for most folks to write mods if they're single player only.

We literally know nothing about the modding capabilities of D2R yet, except that there is no TCP/IP/private server support planned for now. All they said is that there will be some kind of modding support - whatever that means. So pretty much everything is pure speculation beyond what we already know right now, without any specifics or future plans being revealed by Blizzard regarding D2R modding.

I for one wouldn't give hope up too early. D2R seems to be a much bigger investment on Blizzard's end in comparison to StarCraft Remastered or WarCraft 3 Reforged. They basically had to write a whole new 3D engine and create countless of assets, so I would assume that D2R sole purpose isn't just to bridge the time until D4 releases, but to be its own game with its own stable community.

The way I see it is, that they first want to make sure that all the D2 purists get what they desire and then, depending on how things go player number-wise, they'll probably add new content/think about how they can keep the game alive(obviously with modding), because they stated that they want the game to live for another 20 years.