Bone Archer
71 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I also can't create single player characters but I only play in TSW anyway. I don't have the font problem you guys did.
Here's how I installed: I did a new full install, installed patch 1.14d, installed median 1.18, updated to 2.0. Working so far.

murkl wrote:I added your solution in new d2launcher version with Median 2.0.0 support: https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=50842

Thank you!
Calaquendi
Acid Prince
48 | 3

When I try to use D2 loader on Fedora 34. All updated. Glide settings set max memory to 108mb. What do I need to do here to fix this?
undrown
Fallen
1 | 0
The only way for me to run was:
- updating original game to 1.14d
- updating to MedianXL through launcher
- setting video settings through launcher to Direct3D (in this video mode the chance of running things is higher)

Often the game freezes with this errors when trying to load or open skill tree, inventory, stats in rare situations when game has loaded

Code: Select all

0110:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 00420094 "../wine/dlls/ntdll/heap.c: main process heap section" wait timed out in thread 0110, blocked by 0108, retrying (60 sec)
0108:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 6FFA6EA4 "?" wait timed out in thread 0108, blocked by 0110, retrying (60 sec)

but sometimes the game runs normally (one time of 10 i think depends of the right phase of the Moon... )
nte000
Fallen
1 | 0
I'm still fighting the same issue (deadlocked threads). Just a while ago I tried running the game with '-opengl'. The graphics looks quite bad but no freezes. I still have to test it more.

Update: freezes came back :(
letsdance
Destroyer
6 | 1
Is there any way to be able to use d2stats with d2dx wrapper? Sigma-loader doesn't help
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Does anybody have an idea what is causing freezes when opening menus or cube?
Because, apparently, some Linux users on here are running the game without much issue, so there must be something important that can be done to improve stability.
letsdance
Destroyer
6 | 1
void wrote:Does anybody have an idea what is causing freezes when opening menus or cube?
Because, apparently, some Linux users on here are running the game without much issue, so there must be something important that can be done to improve stability.

Had the same issue. Running the game with lurtis version of wine fixed it for me.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
letsdance wrote:
void wrote:Does anybody have an idea what is causing freezes when opening menus or cube?

Had the same issue. Running the game with lurtis version of wine fixed it for me.

Lol I tried it before and thought that it doesn't work for me but I figured out that "default" was actually just standard wine instead of lutris and just had to install a different version in the menu :oops: Works now, patch 2.0 notes look so exciting, I'm gonna start playing right away. Thanks man! :D
patlefort
Sasquatch
63 | 1
I encountered a strange problem: My game crash if I enter a game with a character that has a gem cluster in inventory or stash. But it only crash on my desktop but not on my laptop. Same distro, but the later is on amd radeon and the other, nvidia.

The error is:
Halt
Unrecoverable internal error 6fd730d1

Also, on my desktop, the game won't work on just about anything else but proton. I have the same problem with base diablo 2. Sound will repeat endlessly during menus or in a game and in median xl case, I can't even get into a game, it freeze. It used to work so well, what gives?
Raeph
Fallen
1 | 0
patlefort wrote:I encountered a strange problem: My game crash if I enter a game with a character that has a gem cluster in inventory or stash. But it only crash on my desktop but not on my laptop. Same distro, but the later is on amd radeon and the other, nvidia.

The error is:
Halt
Unrecoverable internal error 6fd730d1

I have the exact same error. I made my first gem cluster and immediately got this error and kicked out. Now I can't get back into my character. I guess I will try reinstalling.