CNC-DDRAW - Play full screen with no poor graphic

Discuss Median XL!
guifer30
Cultist
21 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
FIRSTLY, THANK YOU p2w FOR THE TOPIC THAT MADE ME LEARN THIS AND SIMPLIFY IT FOR THE LAYMANS LIKE ME

P2w topic: https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=65247&hilit=CNC

Disclaimer: I'm not an experienced user, if your game doesn't behave like mine with the exact settings you have two options:
go back as before, or keep trying and ~maybe~ get the same result as me.

This topic is just to help, I'm here to help too but I DON'T GUARANTEE you'll get it because it's different game folders, monitors and different graphics cards.

DOWLOAD LINK: https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases (dowload the frist cnc-ddraw.zip file).

1- Open laucher and go ''settings'', disable windowed mode, and select Direct Draw 2D:
► Show Spoiler

2- Download the CNC-DDraw and extract all the files to your Diablo 2 folder(open new tab the image):
► Show Spoiler

3- open the cnc-ddraw config, you will see the following box > just follow the print> after do the configs just close:

► Show Spoiler

4 - make a shortcut of you diablo 2 game.exe and move to your desktop and select run with admin (my game.exe is without icon) - RUN FROM SHORTCUT

5- when lauch, if you game probally will lauch with poor 1950 graphics, but don't worry, just join in any room to auto fix the aspect-ratio and all graphics.

6- if windowed mode, ALT+enter and repeat 5-

:bounce: I DIDN'T MODIFY MY DDRAW.INI :bounce:

PRINTS:
► Show Spoiler
Edited by guifer30 2 years.
teodar
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
So, can you confirm that 2.0 has actual widescreen support (not stretched)?
guifer30
Cultist
21 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
teodar wrote:So, can you confirm that 2.0 has actual widescreen support (not stretched)?

for me it works great, not stretched at all, i will upload a prints from the game
guifer30
Cultist
21 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
teodar wrote:So, can you confirm that 2.0 has actual widescreen support (not stretched)?

prints uploaded
Droggo
Vampiress
35 | 0
So i cant seem to get it to be fullscreen, it keeps opening in windowed, and almost taking up the entire screen. Alt enter just makes it full screen with borders, and horrible fps.

Did your exact settings

Edit: I changed it to fullscreen upscaled and that did the job
guifer30
Cultist
21 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Droggo wrote:So i cant seem to get it to be fullscreen, it keeps opening in windowed, and almost taking up the entire screen. Alt enter just makes it full screen with borders, and horrible fps.

Did your exact settings

Edit: I changed it to fullscreen upscaled and that did the job

glad to know, if you get smooth graphics with full screen just need join in game and it auto fix. Ehh, for me work like it xD btw glad help you
BrecMadak
Sasquatch
65 | 2
This is stretched dude.
Sillyfish
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
This doesn't work for me. I followed your instructions exactly.

I have it opening in fullscreen which makes it very hard to alt tab since it has to resize itself every time, and there are two massive black vertical bars on either side.

My desktop res is 2560x1440.
BlackAzrael
Skeleton
3 | 0
Followed the instructions but fullscreen just will not work for me, not even sure if it applies any settings?

Yet, 3dglidefx fullscreen works. Tried Direct3D and Direct2Draw.

Any ideas?
eclap78
Imp
5 | 0
Stretched nonsense.