Σ 2.1 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
What is this armor? +2 skill and other stats on armor with sockets? is it some TU / SU but no name?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Immortal2563 wrote:What is this armor? +2 skill and other stats on armor with sockets? is it some TU / SU but no name?

Looks like this, not sure what's wrong with the UI.
bibel89
Gravedigger
181 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
<Zakarum 3 Set wolf stance bug>

i am doing Ele dmg Athulua's Wrath bowazon
I just trying some stuff and want to use wolf stance with zakarum set
Before i equip 3 sets, My normal attack dmg is 7551- 10K (dexterity 4096)
i wear 2 sets of zakarum (gloves and belt) , 8195-11k (4221 dex)
and if i wear the boots ( 3 set of zakarum), my dmg was going down to 3516-6356 (dex 4018)
it was okay when i use Auriel's robe wolf stance. But only with this set reduced my total ele dmg.
I re-equip the bow and it shows 1 sec normal dmg and going down again.
Plz fix this bug
Frank126
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Melee devotion prevent the use of Soulshatter Oskill which seem melee (Because the oskill is not tagged as anything i think?)
Frank126
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Necromancer Deathlord passive has a cap on the ammount of defense proveded which is not written anywhere
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Frank126 wrote:Melee devotion prevent the use of Soulshatter Oskill which seem melee (Because the oskill is not tagged as anything i think?)

it requires a minion, so melee mastery prevents that.

its also a ranged cast on the minion, which is not melee
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

After I invested a bit of time I think I might have played the game in its current state enough to actually give some feedback, so here it goes. I'll start with the positive.

- The monsters overhaul is a huge success. They fit thematically to their environments, have some interesting abilities and are in such a huge variety that it never gets old. I find it horrible though that you decided to still keep charged attack in the game, but I haven't had 1 frog stun me for 10 seconds so far. I guess that's fixed? I'm not sure though, I would probably need more time and experience for that.
- Even though I found the new max skill level system bad at first, I think there can be a merit to the current system. At least for WDM characters as they can 1-point their ability and just focus on dmg/def from passives or buffs. Caster characters have a harder time since they actually need to manage their mana, which is something wdm characters don't need to do. The mana mastery falls off too quickly imho, so that caster characters are harder to balance in the initial phase of the game. A better scaling of the mana passive would greatly benefit the game imho.
- Gold drops a lot more after the first 2 acts. I literally never had any issues regarding gold. When in 1.8 you usually had about 300-400 k gold when you arrived in A5 nightmare, you now usually have twice that amount (I usually pick up everything) which leads to 2 things imho: 1) You can upgrade your gear faster 2) iotss is less necessary. You don't need to farm it that often to mo all of your gear. Both are positive things. Please keep it that way.
- The difficulty of the early phase of the game is just right for most builds I've played so far.
- The expansion of areas is really awesome! It helps a lot with finding farming routes and spending some quality time in the ubers.

Now to the negative things.

- Runewords are a mess imho. Let's just take throwsin as an example. All of the throwing knife runewords focus on poison and have low WDM. You can check weapons runewords as well, but there is nothing useful regarding a pure phys-based build. Throwing knives can also get dagger runewords, but there are only 3 dagger runewords, 2 of them are for druid only and the third doesn't work in throwing knives. So runewords for Storm Crows sin? NOPE. There's not a single option.
You can of course craft a balanced knife. But unfortunately I didn't find a single sacred balanced knife until I reached level 119. But it also wasn't rare and there was no way for me to make it rare to turn it into a crafted weapon.
The only weapon I was able to craft was a sacred throwing knife, the weakest of its class. And with a craft that had close to a max roll to max damage I dealt lower damage than a TU
Ironsleet
Ironsleet
Balanced Knife (4)

Throw Damage: (9 - 11) to (19 - 30)
One-Hand Damage: (7 - 8) to (16 - 27)
Required Level: 7
Required Dexterity: 91
Item Level: 29
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
5% Chance to cast level 10 Cold Fear on Kill
5% Chance to cast level 3 Knife Throw on Striking
+(8 to 17) to Maximum Damage
+(24 to 46)% Enhanced Damage
Weapon Physical Damage +12%
Cold Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (1)
Throw Damage: (33 - 38) to (64 - 78)
One-Hand Damage: (23 - 26) to (51 - 62)
Required Level: 26
Required Dexterity: 132
Item Level: 40
6% Chance to cast level 20 Cold Fear on Kill
6% Chance to cast level 7 Knife Throw on Striking
+(26 to 34) to Maximum Damage
+(69 to 92)% Enhanced Damage
Weapon Physical Damage +24%
Cold Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (2)
Throw Damage: (79 - 87) to (133 - 151)
One-Hand Damage: (45 - 49) to (94 - 108)
Required Level: 44
Required Dexterity: 258
Item Level: 67
7% Chance to cast level 30 Cold Fear on Kill
7% Chance to cast level 11 Knife Throw on Striking
+(43 to 52) to Maximum Damage
+(115 to 137)% Enhanced Damage
Weapon Physical Damage +36%
Cold Resist +(41 to 45)%
Socketed (2)
Throw Damage: (104 - 114) to (173 - 192)
One-Hand Damage: (57 - 62) to (118 - 132)
Required Level: 54
Required Dexterity: 508
Item Level: 85
8% Chance to cast level 40 Cold Fear on Kill
8% Chance to cast level 13 Knife Throw on Striking
+(52 to 60) to Maximum Damage
+(138 to 160)% Enhanced Damage
Weapon Physical Damage +48%
Cold Resist +(46 to 50)%
Socketed (2)
simply because of the difference in EWD, which I couldn't mo on the craft anymore because of the already high level requirement from ED mo's.

So with runewords, crafts and sets (that weapon is amazingly bad) out of the equation there's only a single SU weapon that a storm crows sin can actually make use of, being
Meshif's Iron Parrot
Meshif's Iron Parrot
Throwing Knife (Sacred)

Throw Damage: (167 - 183) to (230 - 295)
One-Hand Damage: (126 - 137) to (187 - 247)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 402
Item Level: 105
+8 Storm Crows Projectiles After Being Struck
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
Adds 40-(101 to 150) Damage
(16 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
+(51 to 75) to Dexterity
25% Reanimate as: Parrot (Critter)
(20 to 30)% Gold Find
(25 to 40)% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
. A single option in the whole game aside from a TU. This is imho downright ridiculous.

TL/DR: I had hoped that the RW overhaul brings us more fun choices, more viable options. But instead it's the exact opposite. The RW overhaul took options away from the players and shifted the use of some important runewords from early game to mid-lategame due to the whole "you have to find the runes first" thingy and the "no downgrade" thingy, making the game a whole lot more grindy and less rewarding.

-Then there are certain weapon types that didn't get any special runewords at all, like for example Spears. In that case it's fine because Amazon and Pally spears do have their own runewords, but there is still a significant lack of options, especially so early game options for right after baal nm in the rw category. And that is imho a huge game breaker for me, as I usually transmigrated from TU's to Craft/Set/RW in earlier version, wherease now RW isn't even an option in the slightest until 130, where you finally found the runes you need to make a rw.

At least in SP, these 2 things greatly reduce the fun of the game due to SP trading not being an option.

-
Silver Scorpion
Silver Scorpion
Parma (Sacred)

Defense: (2875 - 3375) to (3231 - 3793)
Chance to Block: 4%
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 525
Required Dexterity: 529
Item Level: 105
+8 Storm Crows Projectiles After Being Struck
+(1 to 2) to Assassin Skill Levels
+363 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slow Target 10%
+(130 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+2 Life on Striking
Socketed (4)
has absolutely garbage stats for its intended purpose. CB that doesn't work on bosses, Life on striking which is negliable as long as you have 15% ll, even against bosses and poison damage which reduces the duration and thus the total damage output of way of the spider. Didn't find it though, so this is just my speculation from my first glance at the possible options.

- Arcane Crystals are quite hard to come by because of the reduction of TU drops. The arcane shard drops don't help all that much either, since it still forces an additional grind onto the player.

With all of that being said, I understand the direction this game is taking. Which is why I've been less invested in the forum lately. Since the team is throwing rocks in solo players' paths in favor of MP economy, this game gradually becomes less and less fun to play, even though there are so many great changes. But the few bad changes weigh too heavy, and with work, family, friends, training and gf taking up large quantities of my life, I just don't have the time anymore to play a game that gets increasingly grindy with every patch. Well, I'll see myself out. Stay healthy! :)
reconwafflez
Fallen
1 | 0
I just started playing today and as soon as I entered Act 3 my runewords reverted into bugged grey items and no quests seem to be available. No crashes or anything, all I did was enter act 3.
Torkl77
Destroyer
7 | 0
Bug: Cant enter doors as a Paladin...

How to recreate: make a paladin, equip an axe + shield (random and bad i know, just started lvling 20 mins ago :D), go and try open doors or enter stairs / whatever does not seem to work with this weapon setup.

Switch weapon and it works flawlessly
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Torkl77 wrote:Bug: Cant enter doors as a Paladin...

How to recreate: make a paladin, equip an axe + shield (random and bad i know, just started lvling 20 mins ago :D), go and try open doors or enter stairs / whatever does not seem to work with this weapon setup.

Switch weapon and it works flawlessly

What skills are on your left & right click?