Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Crash wrote:1.) "on kill" isn't tied to melee. it's tied to wdm kill (including ranged and conversion builds) or poison dealing final damage
2.) required to enable the proc

That's the first time I've heard that on-kill can be triggered by poison, which is regarded as elemental damage in many ways. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that if it's correct then it seems strange that I've never seen it said it before.

And this chap's testing seems to suggest it's bugged:

Opgedronken wrote:I've tested it by only killing with hive, but the elementals still don't spawn.

yea, gravetalon has always had issues since 1.0 I think. It was a meme item for a very long time by whist even. but what i wrote is accurate for the triggers. probably just the item that has issues.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I should note that the skill actually does proc, it's just that no elemental appears :P.
Maybe it's because of melee devotion, but other procs still work with it.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:
Captcha wrote:
Crash wrote:1.) "on kill" isn't tied to melee. it's tied to wdm kill (including ranged and conversion builds) or poison dealing final damage

That's the first time I've heard that on-kill can be triggered by poison, which is regarded as elemental damage in many ways. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that if it's correct then it seems strange that I've never seen it said it before.

Opgedronken wrote:I've tested it by only killing with hive, but the elementals still don't spawn.

yea, gravetalon has always had issues since 1.0 I think. It was a meme item for a very long time by whist even. but what i wrote is accurate for the triggers. probably just the item that has issues.

Cheers. However, the problem/bug seems to be a simple fix - just change the proc from "on kill" to "on death blow". And take away the pointless +1 Ice Elementals while they're at it.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Captcha wrote:Cheers. However, the problem/bug seems to be a simple fix - just change the proc from "on kill" to "on death blow". And take away the pointless +1 Ice Elementals while they're at it.

The +1 to Ice Elementals is not pointless. If you remember the CLoD Peace runeword, the Valkyrie disappears very quickly if procced on anyone except a Zon because the characters don't have Valkyrie skilled. Same thing would happen with Gravetalon's ice elementals if it didn't give you the oskill.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Crash wrote:
Captcha wrote:

Cheers. However, the problem/bug seems to be a simple fix - just change the proc from "on kill" to "on death blow". And take away the pointless +1 Ice Elementals while they're at it.

the proc is on kill instead of deathblow to encourage the use of poison build for this item

the +1 ice ele, i already addressed above. it was required as a line to enable the proc (allows a summon limit of 1 instead of zero)
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Opgedronken wrote:I should note that the skill actually does proc, it's just that no elemental appears :P.
Maybe it's because of melee devotion, but other procs still work with it.

Oh. Yeah, if you have melee devotion, proc summons don't work either.
sir_draconius
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
can't resurrect or hire in act 1 hell, there is no options , even can't talk with kashya after resurrect my merc in act 2
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I've got to say, now I've leveled a couple of chars to the early endgame, farming really feels like mowing the lawn in 2.0, everything is just a large almost featureless open space.
I liked the farming better before 2.0 especially in fauzt where there isn't really anything to do except trying to get the runes which seem like theyre 10x as rare as before.
Less monsters with better drops and a more interesting layout made doing fauzt much less of a chore.
imngocson
Acid Prince
48 | 2
Anyone has white screen flickering while farming Scosglen? I always have this problem when go to Scosglen.
Mr_Ali
Rust Claw
87 | 2
I decided to try a new character and Kahlims brain won't drop in normal