2.0 - best char/tier list for doing ubers?

Discuss Median XL!
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Hi,

started with mxl with 2.0 so kind of new here; currently playing 137sh light sorc after being cold spec for a long time, but disliked the melee playstyle and it felt that some ubers are not really melee friendly.

therefore- any experience of a tier list for ubers, which chars/builds have more advantages over other builds?

from my experience in forums/ladder, i would say that totemancer and incarnation pala have more advantages over other chars.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
The fire sorceress is weak unless you can afford late game items. I personally own a poison sorceress and even with an incomplete set you can do most bosses. with the good equipment I have, there is little to do.

1) Eternal Bone Pile - if I ever manage to get there alive ...
2) Sleep / Lazarus - stupid purify mechanics
3) Void, Gluttony can't kill and just getting charm wouldn't be difficult.
4) 135 of course

The rest I have and done without major problems. I recommend it as the first character.

Necro Totem is also very simple. Two builds. One cold / boss killer or lightning / farmer.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I am a 129 totem necro and honestly i dont recomment, its a good and cool build to play till level 115 but when you start level 120 ubers, a lot of bosses are Impossible due to the lack of single target skill, heres a list of the level 120-125 ubers you cant do:

1- Baal - he will instantly call dozens of minions which we dont have enough damage to kill coz we have 9 totems and 5 Jinns, maybe at level 135+ its possible if you find some amazing sssus so you can kill his minions fast enough.

2- Astroga - he regenerates to maximum life every time, i think that this is impossible even at level 150 since the totems target the statues as well.

3- Viz Jun - theres no good source of defense in this build, so even if you kill them fast, they will always kill you with 3-2 hits, dont waste your time on this uber, maybe at level 135-140 with crazy gear its possible but only if you can kill everything really fast, before they have a chance of hitting you.

4- Xazax - not possible at level 125, maybe later with insane gear, since the totems target the penitents you will deal almost no damage to the boss.

Havent done Nymir Light and Gyuia yet but i think that they may be not impossible with this build.
This is without using respecs, maybe other necro builds can do these so you can respec to other build, do the ubers and them respec back, i am not a fan of respec, i try to do all with the same build.
But its a cool build to play, even if you cant do all the ubers its woth at least play to have fun.
To do all the ubers i recommend a Paladin, any build should do it, its so much better than necro.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Totem necro is one of the "carpal tunnel" builds. Endless cast-tele is not good for the tendons in the hand.
There needs to be a way to cast and tele in one click and even then it would be a lot.

Same with some paladin builds that need frequent re-buff, since every buff needs a right-click after it. A key to do them all would be nice. Hardly surprising some people used to script this for the sake of their health.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Captcha wrote:Totem necro is one of the "carpal tunnel" builds. Endless cast-tele is not good for the tendons in the hand.
There needs to be a way to cast and tele in one click and even then it would be a lot.

Same with some paladin builds that need frequent re-buff, since every buff needs a right-click after it. A key to do them all would be nice. Hardly surprising some people used to script this for the sake of their health.

The trick for pala: keybind everything to qwerty or zxcvbn, hold down right-click and just roll across your keyboard.

Same trick works for piano ssin or melee sorc's fusillade or anything else you need to recast frequently. The short delay it adds between skills is worth saving the strain.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Captcha wrote:Totem necro is one of the "carpal tunnel" builds. Endless cast-tele is not good for the tendons in the hand.

Thats probably with i got a pain i my right hand.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Immortal2563 wrote:The fire sorceress is weak unless you can afford late game items. I personally own a poison sorceress and even with an incomplete set you can do most bosses. with the good equipment I have, there is little to do.

1) Eternal Bone Pile - if I ever manage to get there alive ...
2) Sleep / Lazarus - stupid purify mechanics
3) Void, Gluttony can't kill and just getting charm wouldn't be difficult.
4) 135 of course

The rest I have and done without major problems. I recommend it as the first character.

Necro Totem is also very simple. Two builds. One cold / boss killer or lightning / farmer.

I started a poison sorc but it was painful, so I guess it must get better in late game from what you say.

Trying to deal with packs with one lorenado was pretty rubbish as aoe and the arachnomancy skill seems single target - miasma seems to have a longish cooldown that isn't mentioned in the description and it's just a small circle on the ground. Did you level as something else to start?
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
The first fwas ire sorceress, but when the absorptions and fast mobs appeared, I fell again and again, that's why I changed to poison.

Miasma is a brilliant skill that bought a lot of the time needed. As moby entered it, you could afford to play the only Arachnomancy, who killed everything almost immediately.

The second skill that saved the ass is the one after Vengefull Power, a poison that activated when someone came too close. Both are in one line.

For this regeneration and a point in Firedance, which raised the dps.
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
Summonsin was one of the easiest charm gathering experiences I've had in a really long while.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
For me the totemmancer is super easy for most low lvl charms, but after lvl 125 it starts getting a lot rougher. Especially if you don't know the bosses' mechanics that well.

I think that cold wolf druid has good potential, and holy paladin also seems to be quite good, and it's a nice experience to level up i.m.o.