Druid Discussion: Werebear or Werewolf?

Discuss Median XL!
Jamian
Imp
4 | 0
Hello everyone.

My friend and I just started playing in The Sin War (not via TCP/IP) and we had a blast. We're still pretty early in the (we were at level 15 when I decided to stop playing a earlier because of work) and I've decided to go with the Druid. The Druid was like my main character back then and I was a Werebear. I love the crazy attack speed and heavy melee blows Werebears could dish out. I even did the game a "sneaky" by equipping Buriza Do Kyanon and morphing into a bear, giving me everything that the crossbow had in melee form.

I'm a fan of Werebear Druids, but with all the changes in skills and skill tree, I figured it'd help me make a proper commitment if I heard people's opinions to the question: Which one (a Werebear or a Werewolf) do you think is better and why?
Faulk
Djinn
527 | 8
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Both are good builds and can handle all farming zones and most bosses, including endgame with enough tg/time invested in the right gear. Typically bear is a better boss killer with higher HP, DR, and good bonus to FHR from skills. But wolf is definitively the better farmer; and imo one of the best farming builds in the game. While bear is not a very good farming build overall due to lacking a good aoe ability for killing.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
What about Wereowl? It should be considered as well.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Imperius wrote:What about Wereowl? It should be considered as well.

lol

Anyway, on topic: Wolf is better IMO, so long as you don't get seizures from 3-4fpa Harbinger spam while farming. I'm told the howl that was added this season is *really* good.

Bear also works but has many of the same problems as most melee builds: you're big and beefy and can do bosses alright, but have really slow farming speed.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Siosilvar wrote:

lol

Anyway, on topic: Wolf is better IMO, so long as you don't get seizures from 3-4fpa Harbinger spam while farming. I'm told the howl that was added this season is *really* good.

Bear also works but has many of the same problems as most melee builds: you're big and beefy and can do bosses alright, but have really slow farming speed.

No jokes, by what i saw on streams the owl is a strong build as well so thats why it can be used as an option too.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Imperius wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

lol

No jokes, by what i saw on streams the owl is a strong build as well so thats why it can be used as an option too.

I wouldn't recommend owl to a new player (who's not even asking about all druids, just two specific ones) unless you also make it clear that they're going to need to switch to a crafted sacred Blade around level 110-115 or they'll struggle even with the new skills. Most daggers are just plain bad.
Bimbobaggins
Dark Huntress
11 | 0

It's a lackluster and frustating build to use.

I wouldn't recommend owl to a new player (who's not even asking about all druids, just two specific ones) unless you also make it clear that they're going to need to switch to a crafted sacred Blade around level 110-115 or they'll struggle even with the new skills. Most daggers are just plain bad.

Getting a sacred blade is pretty easy when you get access to k3k, cows, and other zones (Use the Gehenna runeword). It's everything after 115 because you're not going to clear anything at a normal pace like the other builds (Don't expect to kill 115+s on your first try). It's a weird build because while I killed the 120 TA boss in one shot, it took me a while to beat bosses like Bartuc and Void Prophet (You need to spam Harevesters or take a merc to distract the golems). Faust is pretty bad for me right now (I can kill things, but I can't do mass pulls and kills).
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Rich werebear,
Otherwise werewolf
Because the bear has great potential, but needs a lot of TG
whitewolf
Sasquatch
65 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Bear has terrible farming speed while wolf is among the best. Both have exeptional bossing capability. Bear edge out due to larger Hp pool for end game content. Wolf still dish out extremely high DPS with 3 fpa but only cap at 12-15k HP. Yeah and wolf is cheaper, Bear need a tons of stuff to function.u can do all content with 2 these build, do not touch olw, they re trash.