Claw Assassin; can it work and some questions?

Discuss Median XL!
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
Rusev wrote:
2 Anathema gives %elemental damage to the one you actually have on gear like this ones

That's... not how Anathema works according to what I've learned/read.

Anathema boosts the conversion from dexterity into elemental damage on weapon bases such as Crystal Sword or Wrist Blade.

Wrists Blades convert 20-40% of Dexterity into lighting damage. Anathema increased that bonus by 5% + 1%/lvl. So at 25 points Anathema makes it so that sacred Wrist Blade converts 70% of Dexterity into lighting damage.

It doesn't boost any damage on your gear.

So if you are not using wrist blade, or running summon sin, anathema is worthless.
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
felixcatto wrote:Why its not worth it? I am talking about "ForgerGegemony". Spend around 15 points and get nice FBR and heal on block. Sounds very cool

Aren't those passives disabled if you learn Noctule? It even says it on one of the descriptions.
MrIdegen
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
felixcatto wrote:Why its not worth it? I am talking about "ForgerGegemony". Spend around 15 points and get nice FBR and heal on block. Sounds very cool

If you are too lazy to scroll up for 3-5 comments and equally lazy to read your skill descriptions, then please go ahead and waste a bella on it.

Have a good day
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
TTraw wrote:Aren't those passives disabled if you learn Noctule? It even says it on one of the descriptions.

Only at claw block notes that it "disabled by Noctule", seems Forger Gegemony is not affected

MrIdegen wrote:If you are too lazy to scroll up for 3-5 comments and equally lazy to read your skill descriptions, then please go ahead and waste a bella on it.
Have a good day

Man, i read this topic 3 times, and only understand that shield block is better. But my question is can i play with Noctule and shield and take last passive for FBR and heal?
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
felixcatto wrote:Only at claw block notes that it "disabled by Noctule", seems Forger Gegemony is not affected

Man, i read this topic 3 times, and only understand that shield block is better. But my question is can i play with Noctule and shield and take last passive for FBR and heal?

Definitely not. I know as trapsin you cannot even take noctule point, but probably if you already have it the skill cannot be used. And even if it wasn't, getting forger Hegemony require too many points, 15 in each active traps, so 45, plus others 1 points, plus 5 in forger hegemony... It cannot be worth the investement. And last, clawsin simply has the option to use
Zayl's Temptation
Zayl's Temptation
Bladed Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (2035 - 2181) to (2430 - 2604)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 120
Regens 15% Life Over 5 Seconds Upon Taking Weapon Damage
+(4 to 6) to Assassin Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Slow Target (15 to 25)%
+(180 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Maximum Block Chance +10%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
to cosplay this effect
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
Lynderika wrote:Definitely not. I know as trapsin you cannot even take noctule point, but probably if you already have it the skill cannot be used. And even if it wasn't, getting forger Hegemony require too many points, 15 in each active traps, so 45, plus others 1 points, plus 5 in forger hegemony... It cannot be worth the investement. And last, clawsin simply has the option to use
Zayl's Temptation
Zayl's Temptation
Bladed Shield (Sacred)

(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity:
1% Base Block Chance
Slow Target (15 to 25)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
to cosplay this effect

Okay I was genuienly confused by why the hell you are even mentioning the 15 lvls in each trap and that the noctule is disabled and not the other way around.

Then I've noticed incredibly weird and inconsistent skill descriptions on ladder and single player

My Ladder sin description mentions nothing about trap levels and it suggest that noctule can be used with Forger's Hegemony:

My Single player sin description is literal opposite:

So my question is... Which one is true? The first one? The second one? Or maybe there's difference between realm and single player assassin?

I would say it's kind of a big deal because Forger's Hegemony would be pretty good addition to noctule if it doesn't require 15 p in traps.

MrIdegen wrote:
If you are too lazy (...) to read your skill descriptions, then please go ahead and waste a bella on it.

Have a good day

You can read all above and apologize to him now :)
MrIdegen
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
TTraw wrote:
Lynderika wrote:Definitely not. I know as trapsin you cannot even take noctule point, but probably if you already have it the skill cannot be used. And even if it wasn't, getting forger Hegemony require too many points, 15 in each active traps, so 45, plus others 1 points, plus 5 in forger hegemony... It cannot be worth the investement. And last, clawsin simply has the option to use
Zayl's Temptation
Zayl's Temptation
Bladed Shield (Sacred)

(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity:
1% Base Block Chance
Slow Target (15 to 25)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
to cosplay this effect

Okay I was genuienly confused by why the hell you are even mentioning the 15 lvls in each trap and that the noctule is disabled and not the other way around.

Then I've noticed incredibly weird and inconsistent skill descriptions on ladder and single player

My Ladder sin description mentions nothing about trap levels and it suggest that noctule can be used with Forger's Hegemony:

My Single player sin description is literal opposite:

So my question is... Which one is true? The first one? The second one? Or maybe there's difference between realm and single player assassin?

I would say it's kind of a big deal because Forger's Hegemony would be pretty good addition to noctule if it doesn't require 15 p in traps.

MrIdegen wrote:
If you are too lazy (...) to read your skill descriptions, then please go ahead and waste a bella on it.

Have a good day

You can read all above and apologize to him now :)

Man. The answer was given quite a few times here. You need all 3 traps at 15 and you can't talent noctule. Simple as that.

If you still don't believe us, I personally do not care. Retalent and try it. Nothing to apologize for.

Cheers
Gotuso
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
The question has been answered a few times, but given that the in-game description doesn't match it's logical that people keep asking about it.

As for the topic at hand...

Right now I'm at the 120 uber content. Bale was relatively easy and Kabraxis was doable, despite dying a few times. Some of the zones are noticeably more difficult. Tran Athulua is a pain and Duncraig is even worse. Part of this is the mechanics; there's a lot of stuff on the screen making it harder to notice certain mechanics. But another part might just be my setup. So I'm wondering what the next step forward is.

Right now I'm rocking the complete Witchunter set, 2 pieces of the Snake Pit set (boots and belt), 2 random rings and Quov Tsin's Talisman. Socketed with mostly dex gems and jewels to reach certain breakpoints. What should I be looking for in terms of gear upgrades? Wait until I have multiple Sacred Uniques to break up my set bonus? Or is there something in between to aim for?

As my skills, right now I have:

1 Blink
1 Domain
1 Shadow Refuge
25 Perfect Being
1 Queen of Blades

1 Noctule
25 Way of the Gryphon
1 Batstrike
25 Anathema

25 Way of the Phoenix

1 Melee Devotion
5 Tenacity
5 Endurance

15 Prismatic Cloak
1 Beacon

Question I have are;
- Is Tenacity / Endurance worth it? Feels like I'm dying mostly to mechanical mistake that cant by mitigated except dodging said mechanics.
- Is a value point in Way of the Spider worth it? With a lot of +skills 1 point might be ok?
- Is Queen of Blades good enough to put points in? If not, what else should I be doing with my points? Noctule itself doesn't feel worth it.

Regarding that last point, I'm wondering how good max Anathema is. Because...

TTraw wrote:
Rusev wrote:
2 Anathema gives %elemental damage to the one you actually have on gear like this ones

That's... not how Anathema works according to what I've learned/read.

Anathema boosts the conversion from dexterity into elemental damage on weapon bases such as Crystal Sword or Wrist Blade.

Wrists Blades convert 20-40% of Dexterity into lighting damage. Anathema increased that bonus by 5% + 1%/lvl. So at 25 points Anathema makes it so that sacred Wrist Blade converts 70% of Dexterity into lighting damage.

It doesn't boost any damage on your gear.

So if you are not using wrist blade, or running summon sin, anathema is worthless.

this isn't quite how Anathema works. Or Innate Elemental Damage gear for that matter. Wrist Blades deal 40% of dex as lightning damage. Adding 10% IED means you now deal 44% of dex as lightning damage, not 50%. So Max Anathema gives 30% IED. So for Wrist Blades that now means 52% of dex as lightning damage instead of 40%. (unless this is a display bug...)

Is that worth 25 points? Not sure... but unless I go for a more physical build (and thus Shadow Dancer), I don't know what else to use my points on. And a Physical build seems more difficult to set up, since there's no set for it. Can I get away with a good Shrine crafted sacred claw?
MrIdegen
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hey,

In my understanding, Anathema is increasing your damage quite a bit so it would not hurt maxing it out as you have the free points. Can consider maxing the passive for Shadow refugee for the movement speed buff or anything you like. It is pretty much open ground as very few players play clawsin and even fewer are farming with it, as she is a fragile little thing with small aoe.

You actually have plenty of options. You can grab a
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver
Wrist Blade (Sacred)

(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 341
Item Level: 105
Innate Lightning Damage:
(52.0% of Dexterity)
Queen of Blades: +2500 Lightning Damage to Blade Mines
Adds 160-250 Lightning Damage
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+100 to Strength
+100 to Vitality
Maximum Fire Resist +1%
Maximum Lightning Resist +1%
Socketed (3)
and go for more Queen of blade projectiles while farming, however if you take that, it would be great to get some procs on striking like
Lilith's Temptation
Lilith's Temptation
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3680 - 4089) to (4031 - 4479)
Item Level: 105
3% Chance to cast level 2 Time Strike on Striking
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
-100 to Life
(60 to 100)% Magic Find
Requirements -100%
Socketed (2)
and any other is welcome to proc off from Queen of Blades' projectiles.

Phys damage mitigation can be tackled by getting
Zayl's Temptation
Zayl's Temptation
Bladed Shield (Sacred)

(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity:
1% Base Block Chance
Slow Target (15 to 25)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)

Other suggestions had been equally shot in the beginning of this thread like :

Hellfire Plate

Hellfire Plate
Body Armors

'IgnJahGurRhal'
Runeword Level: 115
+1% Innate Elemental Damage per 250 Strength and Dexterity
15% Chance to cast level 9 Life Spark on Melee Attack
20% Attack Speed
+250 Fire Damage
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(1 to 2)%
Fire Resist +(10 to 20)%
Lightning Resist +(10 to 20)%
Cold Resist +(10 to 20)%
Poison Resist +(10 to 20)%
Physical Resist (7 to 10)%
Scorched Earth

Scorched Earth
Assassin Shields

'IgnTahaUn'
Runeword Level: 110
+25 Fire Damage per 100 Dexterity
10% Chance to cast level 59 Pentagram on Melee Attack
1% Base Block Chance
30% Block Speed
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Weapon Physical Damage -150%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(41 to 50) to all Attributes
Maximum Fire Resist +1%
Elemental Resists +(15 to 25)%
Bad Mood
Bad Mood
Ring

-20% Cast Speed
Adds 50-100 Fire Damage
Adds 50-100 Lightning Damage
Adds 50-100 Cold Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance

As for the crafted claw, if you stick to a Wrist blade, you can get a good one yourself, with high added lightning damage, +skills and Life spark on hit, however if you are playing it in trade league, it is pretty cheap to grab the above mentioned one.

Honestly, you will be slow at farming even with good gear because of the low AOE, but it can be done. Batstrike summoner may be clunky, actually it really is, however as a clawsin that is your strongest option right now.

Cheers
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hm, i am also at 120. But i use pure physical claw build. No set, just rw's, and few t4 uniqs. Judgement day was hard, but doable. Quov Tsin - moderate. Tran Athulua is easy, but i think i just have more defense then you. Duncraig also not hard, but necromorbs, man, they are so annoying, seems they have high phys res, and what is much worse, they run from you!!! Now i just ignore them, seems need to hire lightning merc or switch to another build to kill them effectively.

Also noticed that farming is not for clawsin. Noctule and Crucify really has low AOE, but what is more annoying is running enemies such as skeletons in K3K or necromorbs. Running for every such mob and trying to kill it with Noctule is just :face-palm: :D