Great Hunt Skill (and Spearzon in general) feels weird and weak

Discuss Median XL!
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
What is up with that Skill? The use of it is so awkward. It is a great single target boss killer, BUT ONLY if there is ONE target in your area. If the target is surrounded by other mobs(you know like most cases in an arpg) the skill deals minimal damage. It seeems like the spirits(which are your main damage here) don't have a chance to materialize proerly because of all the mobs, resulting in ZeroDPS .

I tried to do the ultra elementals today, to get access to Fauzt but there is no chance that i kill any of them with this spec. As soon as the Shadow selfs are clumped up i can't kill any of them and they keep spawning an spawning. I have roughly 11-13k Great hunt damage(which is ofc bloated because of Curarae, but whatever). I should be able to clear these things out no problem, shouldn't I?

I am so close giving up on the Spearzon entirely. Why does she need to have TOP OP Gear to even have a chance at the 120 dungeons? How are you supposed to get this specific gear without trading? I currently have dex crafted Boots, Belt, Amazon Helm and Gauntlets and am wielding the Evanescence Spear-Runeword. I am lvl 126 atm and my dex currently sits at 1.6k(could be higher though since i put some in strength and vit for more life) and am almost capped on signets.

Early game Spearzon felt great but as soon as i reched the 120 mark she can't do any stuff(so far only managed to do Athulua and basic JDay, haven't tried the 125s yet) :( I am really struggeling and thinking if it is worth to try and get better gear(which might never drop) or if i should just move on to another class/spec

I would be really greatful for a round of advice on what i am/could be missing
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
1.6k dex seems quite low for the magic damage build and Curare pretty much needs full poison pierce gear to be useful. If you can either switch into Paragon with amethysts everywhere or stay Curare and get 100+ pierce (
Lethal Huntress

Lethal Huntress
Amazon Spears

'IstVenVen'
Runeword Level: 100
5% Chance to cast level 12 Javelin Nova on Kill
+(4 to 5) to Amazon Skill Levels
50% Attack Speed
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
-(30 to 35)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(150 to 200) to Dexterity
+(250 to 400) to Life
Physical Resist 10%
+(80 to 100) Life on Melee Attack
(20 to 25)% Magic Find
is a start) you'll probably have a better time.

Otherwise, yeah, spearzon has kinda weak single target.
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
I have a Lethal Huntress in my Stash as well. Was just trying the other Spear since the stats seemed nice on paper. So i should just be going back to poison and hope to stack as much pirce as i can? Is it worth to try and go for shimmering crafts instead of abandoned in this case?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
If you want to make Curare work, yes, shimmering crafts. There's simply not enough gear slots to go poison and dex at the same time.
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
What should i be socketing with the Posion build?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ScPlayer92 wrote:What is up with that Skill? The use of it is so awkward. It is a great single target boss killer, BUT ONLY if there is ONE target in your area. If the target is surrounded by other mobs(you know like most cases in an arpg) the skill deals minimal damage. It seeems like the spirits(which are your main damage here) don't have a chance to materialize proerly because of all the mobs, resulting in ZeroDPS .

I tried to do the ultra elementals today, to get access to Fauzt but there is no chance that i kill any of them with this spec. As soon as the Shadow selfs are clumped up i can't kill any of them and they keep spawning an spawning. I have roughly 11-13k Great hunt damage(which is ofc bloated because of Curarae, but whatever). I should be able to clear these things out no problem, shouldn't I?

I am so close giving up on the Spearzon entirely. Why does she need to have TOP OP Gear to even have a chance at the 120 dungeons? How are you supposed to get this specific gear without trading? I currently have dex crafted Boots, Belt, Amazon Helm and Gauntlets and am wielding the Evanescence Spear-Runeword. I am lvl 126 atm and my dex currently sits at 1.6k(could be higher though since i put some in strength and vit for more life) and am almost capped on signets.

Early game Spearzon felt great but as soon as i reched the 120 mark she can't do any stuff(so far only managed to do Athulua and basic JDay, haven't tried the 125s yet) :( I am really struggeling and thinking if it is worth to try and get better gear(which might never drop) or if i should just move on to another class/spec

I would be really greatful for a round of advice on what i am/could be missing

hmm. i didnt have any issues with these elementals. just kill those shadow selfs with pounce or greathunt before you kill the orb. after that. kill all elementals with pounce and start hitting the elemental in middle with fully stacked great hunt (fully stacked i mean all takedown stacks) and it should die.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Respec. Spearzon is a meme right now.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
ScPlayer92 wrote:What should i be socketing with the Posion build?

Poison runes. Lum crafted jewels with life and dex once you get enough pierce. Amethysts.
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
Oh wow i completely forgot that the teganze runes have effects like any normal rune besides the use for their runewords :D yeah i will need to farm some more since i used all that i had for "Lethal Huntress" and the Poison Amazon Helm(with crafts i am sitting at roughly 70% poison pierce right now). Btw how do you link to items in the forums like you did in the first post for LH?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
ScPlayer92 wrote:Btw how do you link to items in the forums like you did in the first post for LH?

Click the sword icon (Image), it opens a popup where you can pick your item.