Great Hunt Skill (and Spearzon in general) feels weird and weak

Discuss Median XL!
pliney
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Do you have 400 sigs yet? If not its probably time to spend a couple hours running Nihl.
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
I just got my 400 sigs today :)(thankfully without having to farm Nihl or somebody else) And my 2nd Kab Kill this Season and in general(both took roughly 40mins) to boot. So i am pretty happy atm. I am at 107 % poison pierce right now, with still room to improve. Better crafted gear, a full set of poison runes etc. Maybe a Skin of the Serpent Body Armor if i get that lucky. In terms of 120 uebers i still need to finish baal(just need to get more lucky with the boss summons) and KoS. So i am making progress. VEEERRRY SLOWLY. Maybe i will try some of the 125 uebers next.(only did Toraja so far, which was kind of annoying).
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
spearzon2.0 is the bottom role!
The great hunting skill is even more problematic. For example, if you go to kill XAZAX, you first go up and attack 5 times to accumulate 5 anger. It takes 3 seconds before you can use the great hunting. If there is a wall or obstacle behind the boss, the output of Great Hunter is reduced by 95%. Then XAZAX's bodyguards come up to attack you, and you run away. The rage value is gone, you have to attack 5 times to collect rage...
Extr4w1
Cultist
24 | 1
I've played this tree for while, here's my "analysis":
The spear tree are twisted even before 2.0, which you use great hunt (I basically called it orbzon due to need of rushing to the orb for gaining fury) or pounce to accumulate fury which is already obnoxious. Now it's basically need to get close to even gain any momentum of dealing any damage, even then it's for short period of time (even
Luminescence
Luminescence
Maiden Spear (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (159 - 187) to (336 - 568)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 346
Required Dexterity: 500
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Amazing Grace
Fury: +4 seconds Base Duration
10% Chance to cast level 7 Fortress on Kill
+(151 to 350) to Maximum Damage
(11 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
(11 to 20)% Mana stolen per Hit
+(121 to 160)% Enhanced Damage
Maximum Life +3%
+5 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
only add 4s to the fury duration). Hell, the need to have both STR and DEX to hold the weapons kind of dragged this tree down even further. Do I even need to comment on Hyena Strike?
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
You mean the Skill that i only put 1 point in just to get further down the tree? :D Yeah i feel you. And yeah the fact that any obstacle or even other enemy instantly blocks like 95% of the great hunt damage(which imo is supposed to be your single target/boss killer) really sucks.
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ScPlayer92 wrote:What is up with that Skill? The use of it is so awkward. It is a great single target boss killer, BUT ONLY if there is ONE target in your area. If the target is surrounded by other mobs(you know like most cases in an arpg) the skill deals minimal damage. It seeems like the spirits(which are your main damage here) don't have a chance to materialize proerly because of all the mobs, resulting in ZeroDPS .
I would be really greatful for a round of advice on what i am/could be missing

I have a spearzon video that you may be interested in.

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?p=524660#p524660
Edited by nodoubt0322 2 years.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
nodoubt0322 wrote:
ScPlayer92 wrote:What is up with that Skill? The use of it is so awkward. It is a great single target boss killer, BUT ONLY if there is ONE target in your area. If the target is surrounded by other mobs(you know like most cases in an arpg) the skill deals minimal damage. It seeems like the spirits(which are your main damage here) don't have a chance to materialize proerly because of all the mobs, resulting in ZeroDPS .
I would be really greatful for a round of advice on what i am/could be missing

I've a spearzon video that you may be interested in.

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?p=524660#p524660

Why would he be interested in that video that showcases pounce in duncraig? Everybody knows spearzon is great in duncraig. The discussion is about the terribleness of great hunt, there is nothing great about it. Hyena strike is another pointless skill that needs a buff. All in all spearzon does good/great in all farming areas... Bossing- no chance just terrible, but I as someone who likes playing amazon, I embraced the fact that build is just for zoom farming and nothing else. Duncraig, Fauzt, Bremm, Teganze - easy. Can fast and easy farm the following 120+ trophies- Ureh, VIzjun, JD, Bremm, Dunc.
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
Nice farming, i tried it with my Spearzon and since i have upgraded my gear to a decent amout(mainly a better weapon and more pierce) and found that i can farm dunc now at about the same pace as you do in the video. but i would hope so with the SU Maiden Spear and 150 Poison pierce :) And how do you farm Ureh easily, might just be me but i find it quiete annoying and difficult to reach the boss in that place. Can you pounce trough the citizens even though they are invincible?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Primarch wrote:Respec. Spearzon is a meme right now.

I've seen you fightning for spearzons for years now, it's a shame nearly nothing has happened which is a wonder as it used to be one of the top builds.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
ScPlayer92 wrote:Nice farming, i tried it with my Spearzon and since i have upgraded my gear to a decent amout(mainly a better weapon and more pierce) and found that i can farm dunc now at about the same pace as you do in the video. but i would hope so with the SU Maiden Spear and 150 Poison pierce :) And how do you farm Ureh easily, might just be me but i find it quiete annoying and difficult to reach the boss in that place. Can you pounce trough the citizens even though they are invincible?

You get enough poison resist and poison length reduced just from curare. Having PR cap or near PR cap + 1 mil or close to 1 mil defense is easy to reach, and then you are left with just having decent amount of fire resist - 300 flat/80 is enough and you are basically invincible in there... Doesn't even take more than 1-2 HP pots in most cases per run. And no, you cannot jump on citizens, but you can jump on barrage mages and the big guys.