Discuss Median XL!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The guy who asked in the short questions thread didn't get any answers...

I've been in there for ages, no problem surviving, but I can't see Belial.

Some guides say he has a purple aura. Some say he's a rat. Some say he's invisible. Not sure if the Belial sections of those guides have been updated, but I can't see a rat or a purple aura.

Also my sound doesn't seem to work, so the guide that said he grunts when you hit the real Belial would have been useful - except I can't hear anything. :(
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
He's not purple any more, but he does still grunt and turn into a tiny rat when you hit him. If you see the wave attack being spammed from what looks like empty space, that's him.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Every time you attack him, he gurgles under his breath, the clones say nothing.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:He's not purple any more, but he does still grunt and turn into a tiny rat when you hit him. If you see the wave attack being spammed from what looks like empty space, that's him.

Thanks, when you say he turns into a rat - he only changes when you hit him and he does that every time he's hit?

Maybe I assumed (wrongly) that I'd killed a clone when he'd actually just become a rat and I didn't see him.

Immortal2563 wrote:Every time you attack him, he gurgles under his breath, the clones say nothing.

Yes but as I said, I don't have sound working for whatever reason.
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
To be more specific, he doesn't turn into a rat, he always is. The big dudes only are clones. He's spawning them close to him, and also do a white wave attack that give his position. As said it's easier with sound, but just checking this attack should help a lot already.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ah, I see, thanks. It was the word "clone" that was misleading - if you clone a rat, you get another (genetically identical) rat. Or if you close a demon you get a demon - so I expected Belial to be a demon most of the time since the "clones" were demons.

So they're really more "minions" or "decoys" than clones then. Thanks, I'll see if I can spot this rat then. :thumb:
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Belial can look like the clones but hitting him will have him turn into his true rat form, making him hard to see. Not having sound complicates the fight a bit for you, you either need to focus really hard on keeping an eye on his rat form or you have to clear out the clones to better see him.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Cheno wrote:Belial can look like the clones but hitting him will have him turn into his true rat form, making him hard to see. Not having sound complicates the fight a bit for you, you either need to focus really hard on keeping an eye on his rat form or you have to clear out the clones to better see him.

I've never managed to see him in rat form. I've run around that place so many times, until there's well over 100 decoys up and even when there's only about 5 of them at the start I still don't see him change into a rat. I think there must be something wrong.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Hes a gray rat that moves really fast, pretty hard to spot.
He always say something when you hit him but i dont understand what he says.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Tried running him a couple of times with my best character, but despite getting him down to half of his life, he always suddenly oneshots me. It's a bummer because I normally don't take damage from him, it's just the one time and then it's all over in one hit. The rest of the level is just a simple walk for me. I am thinking to give up on the shitty rat.