Hell Baal is the biggest pile of BS i have ever seen

Discuss Median XL!
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
Okay, warning rant incoming:

How are you supposed to ever deal damage to him. He CONSTANTLY spawns new Minions and Act Bosses who make him immune to all damage and there are only so many corners you can lure him into until you have to kill the Bosses. Additionaly he has his dumb normal Minions which are also tanky as fuck and teleport on top of you everywhere you go. And i refuse to believe that my 67-72k damage with 150poison pierce Spearzon "just doesn't deal enough damage".
This fight is the purest meaning of RNG if he never stops summoning adds. Make him summon like a wave of minions and a boss at certain health tresholds and maybe make the bosses tankier in exchange, but pls remove the RNG from this fight where you basically never get to damage the boss.

Rant over.

But seriously, what else should i do. Do i need even more damage? I have the SU Maiden Spear with full Posion runes as weapon and as stated am sitting at 150% pp.
rngbeast
Vampiress
39 | 0
Are you using merc and summons? Because that was my problem, I spent 20 minutes killing minions and act bosses until I found out that these are summoned by chance on hit. Going in solo, I finished the fight in several minutes. If that's not the case, then it's just a dps check.
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
No Merc/Minions. And yeah no shit DPS check(no jab at you). Baal himself isn't that tanky, but the chance on hit to summon bosses of which there can be multiple is just so frustrating
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Hell Baal has never been a problem to me but I've never played a Spearzon before.
Come to think of it, I've never killed Hell Baal using any elemental build (I'm going to try killing him soon with an Ele Barb though).

Maybe poison isn't the most effective damage type in this fight? I mean, those are big damage numbers but that damage is not applied in bursts (am I right? I am not sure).
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
SinClaire wrote:Maybe poison isn't the most effective damage type in this fight? I mean, those are big damage numbers but that damage is not applied in bursts (am I right? I am not sure).

Never had problems with Baal on my psn throw barb. Psn him... Run around to avoid being hit by him, so he doesn't summon anything.

Same deal with my hcp. Even with my melee barb in the old days I never had problems with Baal.

Baal is a dps check for sure and since I never played spearzon I can't say something about the dmg numbers op posted.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
You need avoid/high defense so he doesn't hit you as often and the minions rarely spawn.
When he does spawn the minions, lure everything into the left chamber and teleport to the worldstone platform.
Now you can kill of everything one by one or try to lure baal out.
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
MagnuS wrote:Never had problems with Baal on my psn throw barb. Psn him... Run around to avoid being hit by him, so he doesn't summon anything.

Same deal with my hcp. Even with my melee barb in the old days I never had problems with Baal.

Baal is a dps check for sure and since I never played spearzon I can't say something about the dmg numbers op posted.

If that's the case, then yeah, then OP simply doesn't meet the DPS check.

Do poison barbs still do north of a million psn damage in 2.0? IIRC, my pre-2.0 snake bite barb did something ridiculous like 2M poison damage. But even then some high hp bosses still took some time to kill even with high pierce. I can't remember if I used my snake bite barb on baal, because he was mainly used as an Uldy farmer.
ScPlayer92
Thunder Beetle
53 | 5
I do admit that my damage numbers definitely are a bit bloated, since poison tends to inflate your paper damage quiete a bit.
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
curare poison is meant to be crowd poison dmg, not single target poison dmg , like snake bite..

you need more phyc dmg.. maybe try
Panthera's Bite
Panthera's Bite
Maiden Pike (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (217 - 236) to (427 - 461)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 350
Required Dexterity: 590
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Amazing Grace
2% Chance to cast level 10 Superbeast on Kill
5% Chance to cast level 15 Amplify Damage on Striking
Adds 50-125 Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 30%
+150 Life after each Kill
+20% to Experience Gained
50% Magic Find
Socketed (6)
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
There is no dps check at baal, just dodge everything he throws at you.