Act 3 maps

Discuss Median XL!
DiabloDwarf
Rust Claw
86 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
For the next patch, is there any way that The beginning of Act 3 can be made more linear? I'm getting frustrated trying to get to the Flayer Jungle. It never seems to be next to the Great Marsh like it should be.
physics
Sasquatch
66 | 2
if it's not linear then you got lucky because you can skip the great marsh. scroll your map to look for the gidbinn and you should be fine
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Watch Llama's video on act 3 maps.

Spider Forest, Great Marsh, and Flayer Jungle are all 2x6 tiles in size with the river running the whole length (maybe turning a few times) and 3 side areas each. They connect to each other at the 3rd, 5th, or 6th tile. Flayer Jungle can be off the Spider Forest (good) or the Great Marsh (bad).

And as far as side areas, if you're using the map reveal you can tell them apart like so:

* Spider Forest has Arachnid Lair with waypoint, Spider Cavern by itself, and one empty side area.
* Great Marsh has a waypoint and 2 empty side areas.
* Flayer Jungle has Swampy Pit with waypoint, Gidbinn with Flayer Dungeon, and one empty side area. It also *always* turns at the end just before the entrance to LK.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
They should just add a portal to A4 in town
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You can use the arrow keys to move around the map after you reveal it. I do not think that A3 should be considered problematic. Yes it's a bit of a drag, but you need to play through anyway because you can only level up by actually playing through all acts. It's done really well i.m.o. The scaling is very smooth in Sigma 2.0
p2w
Mahasattva
911 | 58
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
i agree with you suggestion
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I enjoyed LazBro era Median where you skipped large portions of those lengthy quests in Act 2 and Act 3.
I remember that Horadric Staff used to just drop out of Radament, same with Khalim's Will from High Council.
You didn't had to look for those dungeons and do them, you simply flied through the area to find the exit point.
Although that was prior to ingame maphack too. Most players used map hack as 3rd party tool anyway (especially for a single player mod).

Diablo II is inherently flawed with its difficulty system that mandates beating the game three times in order to reach endgame. Path of Exile also was like this in the beginning but then they did the best thing they could - they made several more acts and dropped the idea of 3 difficulty levels completely. This way you don't replay the campaign 3 times per character.

But then Median is not POE. POE is a complete game which is constantly updated by GGG. Diablo II had almost no support for 15 years. We received a respec sometime around 2010 and that's about it. Last patch with content was 1.11 released in 2005. There is no way to reshape Diablo II like they did with POE.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Conquest wrote:I enjoyed LazBro era Median where you skipped large portions of those lengthy quests in Act 2 and Act 3.
I remember that Horadric Staff used to just drop out of Radament, same with Khalim's Will from High Council.
You didn't had to look for those dungeons and do them, you simply flied through the area to find the exit point.
Although that was prior to ingame maphack too. Most players used map hack as 3rd party tool anyway (especially for a single player mod).

Diablo II is inherently flawed with its difficulty system that mandates beating the game three times in order to reach endgame. Path of Exile also was like this in the beginning but then they did the best thing they could - they made several more acts and dropped the idea of 3 difficulty levels completely. This way you don't replay the campaign 3 times per character.

But then Median is not POE. POE is a complete game which is constantly updated by GGG. Diablo II had almost no support for 15 years. We received a respec sometime around 2010 and that's about it. Last patch with content was 1.11 released in 2005. There is no way to reshape Diablo II like they did with POE.

The whole idea of Median is to add more of the original lore back into the game while also expanding on endgame and boss completion. I think that by shortening A2 and A3 you instead sort of remove that content by adding shortcuts once again. And like I said, the acts are useful because they are part of the leveling sequence, and also function as pre-areas to a few 'ubers'.