Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So, I downloaded a new font and I love it, but the instructions have me create a shortcut to D2 with -direct after the quotes. When I start with MEDIAN XL LAUNCHER, it does not start with the fonts. I tried editing the path on the Launcher Settings, but it only has me select the D2 directory. How can I get the Launcher to start with custom fonts?

Also, where is the new GFX mod/shader? It's not in TOOLS on the website. I don't see any stickied topic for it. Both strange for being in the trailer but not at all promoted. Anyway, can someone direct me to the topic plz?

Thank you.
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
I'm not sure about the font issue but the answer to your other question is:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=66782
Taem
Necrobot
2469 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Jammy wrote:I'm not sure about the font issue but the answer to your other question is:

Thank you Jammy. The font with -direct works with cnc draw, but you have to run cnc-draw from the .bat, so to answer my own question, you cannot run either through launcher at this time, but you can run both via cnc-draw. BTW, the overlay looks truly amazing! I recommend it to everyone!
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Why do you want to run it from an app? You do a shortcut to game.exe and " -direct. All 7 fonts work for both cncdraw and d2dx. Try to look at the configuration file. C: / xxx / appdataroaming / medianxl / launcher and there in the file try to switch direct from false to true.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Taem wrote:
Jammy wrote:I'm not sure about the font issue but the answer to your other question is:

Thank you Jammy. The font with -direct works with cnc draw, but you have to run cnc-draw from the .bat, so to answer my own question, you cannot run either through launcher at this time, but you can run both via cnc-draw. BTW, the overlay looks truly amazing! I recommend it to everyone!

What exactly do you mean with 'overlay'? I couldn't find that term in the linked post.
Taem
Necrobot
2469 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Muilpeer wrote:
Taem wrote:

What exactly do you mean with 'overlay'? I couldn't find that term in the linked post.

All of these shaders are wrappers/overlays (same thing). They cover the original gfx with modern gfx and effects... they don't modify the original gfx at all - those remain untouched - they mask over it. Lol, what did you think happens when you use a shader?
NotRichBatman
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
I didn't know either..honestly I never thought about what was happening under the hood.