MXL Fan-tasy Thread

Discuss Median XL!
SpikedShell
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Share and discuss your creative ideas for any aspects for the game.

Examples:
Bosses:
1) Kill Malthael and Imperius to reach The Aspect of Death and The Aspect of Wrath
2) Boss fights that requires costly consumables just to stay alive.
3) Boss fights that periodically -1 your light radius and instakills you when it's completely dark

Rifts:
1) Randomly abducts you during farming. Teleports character into timer/escape rooms with mobs waves/puzzles.

Skills:
1) Long cooldown short duration buff that prevents HP from falling below 5%
2) Reflect %Health to attacker based on HP lost

Kit concept: One skill that can toggle between two mini kits.

NPC: Someone to cash in some sort of collectibles and will drop lottery random items. An interface to get them with TG.

Items: Grants strong effect when no item is equipped on a particular slot. E.g. gloves that gives massive dmg and AR when bare-handed.

Disclaimer: Purpose of thread is to share ideas and suggestions if you're high on hopium. I like the direction of MXL and I know how difficult it is to implement stuffs.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Would love to see "random" encounters with cool drops, that happen outside of uber zones. And also some new shrines would be pretty cool, maybe spell damage or life regen? I've always wanted to play a "thorns" build too but it's not really possible now.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
No more timer based frustration barriers like respawn and lockout timers.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Don't even get me started... :P
Taem
Necrobot
2469 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
** GUILDS **

How they were supposed to be implemented before D2 was released. Basically;

-You pay (max gold) several times over to create a guild. You choose from pre-selected gfx a guild flag/icon.
-Creator of guild can assign guild members who receive a special the guild tag next to their name.
-Creator can assign subordinates who have certain privilege's within the guild.
-You can "Join" an open game or enter a guild hall (list with flags) you belong to or request to join a guild.

I would extend it beyond that;

-Top leaders can require weekly dues in gold or SU's
-A guild gets certain perks the more gold that is donated, such as a Guild skill only available to guild members which automatically activates at clvl 100.
-Maybe this skill grows in power the more gold that is donated (to a cap), such a 1% magic find passive which increases by 1% for each (substantial) donation
-Being part of a guild would also grant access to special guild only events, such as in vanilla Uber Clones appearing. These would be notices that appear to all guild members in game xyz that only guild members can join
-There should be weekly guild pvp events (arenas) as well to determine top guilds with the winners receiving better choices of a guild skill

** ARENAS **

I would also love to see areans implemented;

-Create a "Game" or create an "Arena" -Join a "Game", join a "Guild", or join an open "Arena"
-You (and your opponent) place an item in a trade window if fighting and accept the trade. You both enter an arena. A timer counts down giving spectators time to join the game to view the battle. Whoever loses the match (or times out/connection interrupted) has their item transferred to the winner automatically like a trade.
-For every area win against another guild member of equal or higher level, that guild member is awarded XYZ (no thoughts about this yet). To ensure the win is legitimate and not setup/cheeze, you can only receive the award against foes with a similar skill count as you.

Some of the things I would love to see implemented.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
"MAKE SP GREAT AGAIN!"

Wanted to create a dedicated thread, but I guess posting in here will help as well.

1. Enable players setting again.
With Sigma / 2.0, apparently dev removed the players setting (simulated MPs game with multiple people), which is good for people who dont have friends to play with. Only negative part I can see from this is that probably you will outlevel the leveling content too much to a point that it will become trivial. No doubt the leveling process in 2.0 is freaking great, despite some build archetype have issues (mostly mana management) that made the early game abit more tedious.

However, the players setting is like giving player a choice and option. If you think you already strong enough to tackle fauzt on players 8? Just set the player count and enjoy a better loot drop. It might be faster / slower depending on how powerful your build, but after having bad luck not finding great rune in Fauzt for 20 hours & trying to play the game SSF, it was getting chore & tired of the games. This grind solely the one that killed my motivation with the games, since I was hardpressed to find an upgrade so that I can farm scosglen (need gear to farm, need to farm to get gear).

2. Season specific mechanic
I aware that seasonal mechanic is always the good reason to keep player count high + keep server running on the game. I dont mind missing some of the MPs content, but personally I would be happy if there are some of the crafting or basic mechanic are introduced to core of the game (just like PoE league mechanic go to standard) albeit with weaker rewards.

I give you 1 simple example. Imagine you just farming normally in fauzt for hours, and then you suddenly saw a treasure goblin that might drop great loots so you rush to it and try to kill it (Rush of dopamine). There, a simple addition that shouldnt be easy to implement without affecting the game loop much. I forgot what other previous league mechanic (could be a craft, or runeword) but the goal is simple. Add more ways to earn gear without relying much on RNG. The game have some wall around level 130 where you need to be lucky to get progression (triune cycle, SSU/SSSU, enchanted rune, elemental runes & great rune)

3. More runewords
I dunno why most runewords was removed in the first place. Perhaps it was for balancing purpose, perhaps it was because most of them arent useful late game or maybe the game want to reduce stuff like crazy procs in 2.0. But one thing clear for me, it completely rip the fun out of me. Mostly because there was a time where runewords only needed 1 rune, so you need to pray for RNG to drop another part of that rune because you can create one.

I still dunno if jewelword or gemword are still in game or not, but definitely variety was required in early game gearing, especially around normal & nightmare. I remember that I have to resort to farm AC so that I can just create decent TU for my build. Rare were mostly terrible roles. MO was expensive & honorific only come in act 5. I have rune, but not many runeword i can use in early games. It become too niche, especially when it couldve saving grace for 130-fauzt-hell i mentioned earlier.

4. Yshari Armor set Container recipe.
There was a thread last time people mentioned about yshari armor will lose durability when you trying to farm for trophy. Personally I would to rerun the maze if there were shortcut once I cleared it first time, but I havent try to farm the map (no reason to) thus I dunno if there was mechanic. Anyway, the solution I gave was simple : Make a cube recipe that combine all yshari sets & deploy them back with full durability.

I know this wasnt easy recipe, especially when i remember there are hard limit of 3 output per cube recipe (there are 10 set pieces). I think the cube recipes can be done easily by making 2 layers of recipe. 1 big container -> 5 small containers -> 10 set pieces. So instead of xx amount of inventory spaces taken, the big container take maybe only 4 slots. Best part of it? It is easier to trade.

I have tons of more ideas, but this are the one I feel urgently needed for me to have fun with the game. I dont like to play MP in general, and I dont see why cant the game be more fun for both SP & MP. I dont mind missing out stuff much on MPs side, but I will bored to death if I needed to farm 20 hours just to get small insignificant upgrade for my gear. Maybe it is fun for you guys to play hundreds of hour in median, but i rather spent that time doing other stuff or play other games instead.
Edited by iwansquall 2 years.
Dadplaysgames4
Core Lord
367 | 9
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Implement the d3 horadric cube power integration (Kanai's cube):

New Vendor could be a boss you defeat (existing one or new)
Then you must unlock recipes with one time recipe. (Trophies, Arcane Shards, Charms, and cycles could be used.)

Then you could take the unique line from a Sacred unique only and add it permanently to your character and also have a list of powers to switch from.
Same would apply , 1 slot for Armor, Weapon, and Jewelry.

So for example:
Hellreach
Hellreach
Long War Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (232 - 260) to (255 - 287)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 650
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Adds 140% of Your Fire Spell Damage as Bonus Weapon Physical Damage
Adds 140% of Your Physical/Magic Spell Damage as Bonus Weapon Physical Damage
2% Chance to cast level 50 Flamefront on Striking
2% Chance to cast level 50 Drakemaw on Striking
+50 Damage
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(250 to 500) to Life
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (6)
if you took this item and disenchanted it for the power, you would gain the orange text only.
It would not work on items like
Coldhunger
Coldhunger
Wolf Head (Sacred)

Defense: (1842 - 2082) to (1915 - 2165)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 105
4% Chance to cast level 40 Ice Lance on Striking
+(1 to 2) to Druid Skill Levels
Adds 13-38 Damage
Adds 30-35 Cold Damage
(14 to 17)% Life stolen per Hit
-(29 to 35)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(41 to 50) to Dexterity
+(41 to 50) to Vitality
Cold Resist +(30 to 50)%
Socketed (4)
to get the Ice Lance proc.

Maybe have different advanced recipes as well to upgrade gear in a new ways as well.

8-)
real_ist
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
iwansquall wrote:"MAKE SP GREAT AGAIN!"

Wanted to create a dedicated thread, but I guess posting in here will help as well.

1. Enable players setting again.
With Sigma / 2.0, apparently dev removed the players setting (simulated MPs game with multiple people), which is good for people who dont have friends to play with. Only negative part I can see from this is that probably you will outlevel the leveling content too much to a point that it will become trivial. No doubt the leveling process in 2.0 is freaking great, despite some build archetype have issues (mostly mana management) that made the early game abit more tedious.

However, the players setting is like giving player a choice and option. If you think you already strong enough to tackle fauzt on players 8? Just set the player count and enjoy a better loot drop. It might be faster / slower depending on how powerful your build, but after having bad luck not finding great rune in Fauzt for 20 hours & trying to play the game SSF, it was getting chore & tired of the games. This grind solely the one that killed my motivation with the games, since I was hardpressed to find an upgrade so that I can farm scosglen (need gear to farm, need to farm to get gear).

2. Season specific mechanic
I aware that seasonal mechanic is always the good reason to keep player count high + keep server running on the game. I dont mind missing some of the MPs content, but personally I would be happy if there are some of the crafting or basic mechanic are introduced to core of the game (just like PoE league mechanic go to standard) albeit with weaker rewards.

I give you 1 simple example. Imagine you just farming normally in fauzt for hours, and then you suddenly saw a treasure goblin that might drop great loots so you rush to it and try to kill it (Rush of dopamine). There, a simple addition that shouldnt be easy to implement without affecting the game loop much. I forgot what other previous league mechanic (could be a craft, or runeword) but the goal is simple. Add more ways to earn gear without relying much on RNG. The game have some wall around level 130 where you need to be lucky to get progression (triune cycle, SSU/SSSU, enchanted rune, elemental runes & great rune)

3. More runewords
I dunno why most runewords was removed in the first place. Perhaps it was for balancing purpose, perhaps it was because most of them arent useful late game or maybe the game want to reduce stuff like crazy procs in 2.0. But one thing clear for me, it completely rip the fun out of me. Mostly because there was a time where runewords only needed 1 rune, so you need to pray for RNG to drop another part of that rune because you can create one.

I still dunno if jewelword or gemword are still in game or not, but definitely variety was required in early game gearing, especially around normal & nightmare. I remember that I have to resort to farm AC so that I can just create decent TU for my build. Rare were mostly terrible roles. MO was expensive & honorific only come in act 5. I have rune, but not many runeword i can use in early games. It become too niche, especially when it couldve saving grace for 130-fauzt-hell i mentioned earlier.

4. Yshari Armor set Container recipe.
There was a thread last time people mentioned about yshari armor will lose durability when you trying to farm for trophy. Personally I would to rerun the maze if there were shortcut once I cleared it first time, but I havent try to farm the map (no reason to) thus I dunno if there was mechanic. Anyway, the solution I gave was simple : Make a cube recipe that combine all yshari sets & deploy them back with full durability.

I know this wasnt easy recipe, especially when i remember there are hard limit of 3 output per cube recipe (there are 10 set pieces). I think the cube recipes can be done easily by making 2 layers of recipe. 1 big container -> 5 small containers -> 10 set pieces. So instead of xx amount of inventory spaces taken, the big container take maybe only 4 slots. Best part of it? It is easier to trade.

I have tons of more ideas, but this are the one I feel urgently needed for me to have fun with the game. I dont like to play MP in general, and I dont see why cant the game be more fun for both SP & MP. I dont mind missing out stuff much on MPs side, but I will bored to death if I needed to farm 20 hours just to get small insignificant upgrade for my gear. Maybe it is fun for you guys to play hundreds of hour in median, but i rather spent that time doing other stuff or play other games instead.

Full agree, also please bring back the plugy stash, I get cancer from having SP mules...
Marrt
Djinn
510 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
real_ist wrote:Full agree, also please bring back the plugy stash, I get cancer from having SP mules...

plugy stash will remain a MXL fantasy forever
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Make SP great again part 2.

1. Make it as test ground.
I dunno how would you do this, but the concept I want to mentioned here is something akin to -act 5 command in old diablo 2. Additionally, I would love to steal idea from d3's challenge rift or genshin impact's character trial. The idea is simple, allow player to have a snapshot of high end character for them to test with. Yes, this might have issues within the idea itself, but perhaps we could tweak abit so it change abit. This would be perfect for player to test a character after each patch, assuming they had to start from scratch.

The first workaround is this character flagged as "temporary" or "frozen". They cant gain experience, their item cant be drop and farming using the character wont yield any loot. The dream is perhaps some sort of reward for winning an event on server, and saving the character snapshot on the server (kinda like hall of grandmaster in PoE). The goal is simple : give player experience the "POWER!" of endgame build effortlessly. I know this will be tricky to implement, especially people can manipulate savefile easily on SP. But i assume you get the idea.

2. Rebalance some level / drops
I feel kinda weird about progression in 2.0. Because you level up more than 120 rather than all ubers being equal, there will be uber that are left & being useless the moment you outlevel them. Aside from farming for trophy, Im not sure why I dont feel the urge to run any easier uber once I reached level 130. Probably because map like Torajaan Jungle are just versatile & freaking good to get all kind of loots, or probably the best place to farm for most of the times.

I know it pretty tricky to improve all farming area to be equal unless you modify the biased, but Im puzzled area like elite side areas which one drop oil which you solely farming for oils only (no experience since you outlevel it) and on other side you have place like azmodan's ubers where enemy didnt drop any items at all. The suggestion i have are : make some extra bias maybe arcane shard dropping in place outside TA, higher chance to find "high rune" (not enchanted) so that people can farm outside of hell countess, a shrine bias farming area (no uber is shrine biased atm right?) and last maybe the endgame oil itself.

3. Farming uberboss's charm as cubing material
I havent check for a while if any uber charm are used in crafting recipe specific (i think i saw some alternative upgrade). Aside from farming for perfect charm or trophy, there is no reason to return to earlier uber. Personally I dont like to farm uber boss solely either, but it is kinda weird to see a game about grinding stuff to completely abandoned earlier part of progression.

So the suggestion for this part is fairly simple : Make a reroll recipe using uber charms. Oil of reroll was removed from the shop because it simply too easy to get perfect rare jewellery, but the current is simply lacked of option for player to get decent rare aside from getting lucky drop. This hopefully will increase a way for player to farm TG. Another cube recipe is probably something like limited & unique MO functionality. "cube item with xx charms 15 times, with +2 level req each" for specific affix.

4. Set duplicate recipe

Whenever you play from scratch in SP like 2.0, you will have a dream of getting usable set fast enough before you outlevel it usefulness (SSSU still better in endgame). You will need to be very lucky to get full set for you build before level 120. Additionally, you will noticed sometimes you will get tons of duplicate sets gear but you already reached 400 signets eaten.

This recipe is simple : for any 3 or 4 set pieces, you need to cube 2 or 3 duplicate set gears to get the last set pieces. So the outcome of set wont be random (like the one in d3). If you need to nerf the outcome pieces, then probably a simple "already upgraded" make it slightly weaker. Additionally if this recipe is too strong from some of the endgame set, just remove them from the recipe. Example : If you have helmet, armor & glove, but you missing a boot. Then cubing those 3 + some ingredient will yield you weaker boot. This would be perfect for people who missing 1 pieces of the jewellery set as well.

Most of the idea isnt SP only but some sort of bad luck protection & a reason for people to farm certain area. Again, this doesnt affect endgame much, mostly just a way for player to obtain "power level" without resorting to just farming trophy or getting lucky to get godly drop. I like the trophy fragment recipe and I think the concept should expanded something else (great rune fragment? maybe?)