Discuss Median XL!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:You will get a curse that reduces your PR by 10% or elemental resists by 30% depending on whether your life or mana is higher.

Tier 9-10 pierce 100 elemental resists.

so:
If you have higher life than mana, 60% PR and 260% elemental resists for tier 9-10.
If you have higher mana than life, 50% PR and 290% elemental resists for tier 9-10.

You'll also need to overcap your maximum cold resistance, up to 95% for Phoboss and 96% for tier 10.

I upvoted your response - other responses have mentioned that the riftstone says that T9-10 labs have -100 ele resists... however it doesn't say anything about the curse you mentioned, so I'd like to understand where I can see the curse actually documented. Or how you found out about it?

Median seems to continue the tradition of D2, in that very little of its mechanics is actually documented. I remember being really surprised to find out that an item that says +10% hit recovery... might do nothing at all, unless you happen to hit an invisible breakpoint. But that's another story.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:You will get a curse that reduces your PR by 10% or elemental resists by 30% depending on whether your life or mana is higher.

so:
If you have higher life than mana, 60% PR and 260% elemental resists for tier 9-10.
If you have higher mana than life, 50% PR and 290% elemental resists for tier 9-10.

You'll also need to overcap your maximum cold resistance, up to 95% for Phoboss and 96% for tier 10.

I upvoted your response - other responses have mentioned that the riftstone says that T9-10 labs have -100 ele resists... however it doesn't say anything about the curse you mentioned, so I'd like to understand where I can see the curse actually documented. Or how you found out about it?

Median seems to continue the tradition of D2, in that very little of its mechanics is actually documented. I remember being really surprised to find out that an item that says +10% hit recovery... might do nothing at all, unless you happen to hit an invisible breakpoint. But that's another story.

I think you're going too deep into some things.. it's simply a curse from erinys that has this penalty
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marrt wrote:
Captcha wrote:

so:

I think you're going too deep into some things.. it's simply a curse from erinys that has this penalty

I think I'm going into it precisely as deeply as I need to in order to understand it - and to verify it. Or do you think I should simply accept someone's word for it? I.e. someone who's not in the dev team?

Where is that Erinys curse documented, exactly?

To be clear, I am grateful for your input and I don't intend to be confrontational, I am only trying to understand and to be certain that the information I am receiving is correct. No offence, as I say - but as far as I'm aware, nothing I've been told so far is from an official source (such as a pointer to official documentation, or a response from one of the dev team).

How does the curse work, exactly?... Do you have to be hit by their projectiles? Or perhaps it has an area of effect when they are within range? If so, what is the range? What is its duration?

I really don't think these questions are in any sense "too deep". I think they are normal issues for any gamer to want to understand.

As I say, I appreciate your input and I am not in any way suggesting that you are wrong.
Edited by Captcha 2 years.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Your time would probably be better spent walking into lab and checking how the curse works yourself; just keep d2stats open. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, post the correction and I'll take it into account.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:Your time would probably be better spent walking into lab and checking how the curse works yourself; just keep d2stats open. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, post the correction and I'll take it into account.

I'm not sure how to treat that response. If you have not yet gleaned from this discussion that I am already playing labs to level 8 and 9 then... you may need to re-read. I'm trying my best to be polite, since I do appreciate your input, as I said.

However, the aspects you mentioned cannot be determined by simply playing labs. I have to say that I find that suggestion... odd.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Marrt wrote:
Captcha wrote:

so:

I think I'm going into it precisely as deeply as I need to in order to understand it - and to verify it. Or do you think I should simply accept someone's word for it? I.e. someone who's not in the dev team?

Where is that Erinys curse documented, exactly?

To be clear, I am grateful for your input and I don't intend to be confrontational, I am only trying to understand and to be certain that the information I am receiving is correct. No offence, as I say - but as far as I'm aware, nothing I've been told so far is from an official source (such as a pointer to official documentation, or a response from one of the dev team).

How does the curse work, exactly?... Do you have to be hit by their projectiles? Or perhaps it has an area of effect when they are within range? If so, what is the range? What is its duration?

I really don't think these questions are in any sense "too deep". I think they are normal issues for any gamer to want to understand.

As I say, I appreciate your input and I am not in any way suggesting that you are wrong.

You're probably not going to receive information from official source any time soon, as they are busy with other things. Certain people have gathered a lot of information throughout their years of playing and they are sharing it to others, be it on discord or forums. If you're going to trust only official information, then you're going to be out of luck for many things sadly. I am saying you're going too deep, because what you need to do is get the 260/290 resistances and it doesn't really matter how you get this curse. I think getting hit by the projectiles doesn't matter, they just cast it, but I don't think people have investigated exact range or duration.. However, if you're still interested to know the exact mechanics, feel free to experiment as Siosilvar suggested, or hope that someone else will come that knows them (although how are you going to trust them?)
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
You can, in fact, figure out how the curse works simply by playing close attention in labs (a couple different low tier ones, where playing the game will take less of your focus) and checking your d2stats.

I just think it's a bit weird to grill folks for sources on things in this game when 80% of it is just "someone asked Ben on discord".
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Weird? It's a perfectly normal question - I wasn't the only one to ask it. Not clear to me why you didn't just answer it instead of all this.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marrt wrote:You're probably not going to receive information from official source any time soon, as they are busy with other things. Certain people have gathered a lot of information throughout their years of playing and they are sharing it to others, be it on discord or forums. If you're going to trust only official information, then you're going to be out of luck for many things sadly. I am saying you're going too deep, because what you need to do is get the 260/290 resistances and it doesn't really matter how you get this curse. I think getting hit by the projectiles doesn't matter, they just cast it, but I don't think people have investigated exact range or duration.. However, if you're still interested to know the exact mechanics, feel free to experiment as Siosilvar suggested, or hope that someone else will come that knows them (although how are you going to trust them?)

I didn't say I expect an official answer anytime soon (and I don't), only that they should already have one in the docs.

It seems I have to spell out why it matters to me how the curse is applied...

I play a holy caster build in a sniping hit-and-run style, trying not to get hit. So if the curse is only applied when their fireball thing hits me then I probably don't need to worry about it, especially if it only lasts a short while. I might need to worry more if it lasts 10 minutes.

So - I could use the space for other MOs if I decide I don't need those extra 30 resistances. Or at least make an informed choice. But then...

On the other hand, if they are able to cast it as a separate spell, in a aoe way, and I can't avoid it then I probably need to do something about it.

If you don't know the answer to these questions, that's fine, thanks for your input - but there are all sorts of reasons why the info on mechanics might be useful to someone.

Anyway, this topic seems to be over. Thanks and bye.