Few remarks on 2.0

Discuss Median XL!
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I would love if they implemented crafting and rerolling systems from Path of Exile.

Droppable consumable items that do various things when cubed with a gear piece.

Proposed consumables:
1) Reroll implicit mods (such as superior %ED)
2) Reroll explicit mods (you know what this does)
3) Augment a rare or crafted item with new mod
4) Upgrade the tier of a modifier on a rare or crafted item

These can be uncommon - rare drops but they'd be very useful to create your gear more determinstically and avoid giant disappointment when you're dropping a lot of currency on a RW and it rolls shit modifier values. Certain items could be immune to these currencies by having a special mod "cannot be modified by these or mystic orbs".
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Yes, as commented already on here, guilds and instances for guild members, but above and beyond this, to encourage players to play together is individual drops... When you farm Duncraig with a group, it's common to see quick-draw mc-graw snatching all the loot up front with his/her glass-cannon while everyone else gets bitter. There is literally NO WAY to fix this without giving players separate drops. How might such a concept be achieved? Well, tbh, IDK if it's even possible even with code edits, but here is what I envision:

-Groups who kill on the same map (not in the same game as it is now, but literally in the same instance) get increased drops (literally higher drops so if an enemy normally drops 1-item, each player adds 0.25 items with 8-ppl on a map, each monster would drop 3-items, 1-base +2 for 8-players) , increased magic find (like +15% per player) , and increased movement (so the group can clear areas faster also incentivizing players to play in a group), in addition to the regular multi-player cons, such as enemies have higher health, damage, attack rate.

-The killer (he who makes the killing blow) has their loot greyed out to all players for except him/herself for 10-seconds during which time only he/she can pick the loot up, and after which time the drops become accessible to all players.

-When killing a boss, loot is multiplicative per player in the party (in the immediate vicinity) and each player nearby has an individual loot from said boss which is greyed out to all other players for 10-seconds giving them time to grab their loot.

These changes would literally change the way multiplayer functions in Median!
BigBKH
Cultist
24 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
solo is meta in arpgs
intex
Abomination
148 | 1
BrecMadak wrote:However, the ultimate argument still lies: I’m curious why there is no incentive in playing together? Do the developers aim for everyone to solo the game? If yes, I’d like to hear their motives by doing so. Make charm drops to scale with the number of players in a game, just like quest item drops.

I could see this being easily abusable to farm massive amounts of charms / trophies. Many characters can easily solo bremmtown for example. Join an 8 player game, kill the boss in 1minute, get 8 charms to drop. I don't think this is a good idea. could be also be used to get perfect rolls very quickly on some charms such as fool's gold, death projector, azmodan etc etc etc.

BrecMadak wrote:2. Filler affixes, aka why we still have them:
Gold find ─ I don’t believe anyone merely needs ‘gold find’ on their equipment. The gold drops are already in hefty chunks that you won’t ask for it. On top of it, we already have rifts yielding heaps of gold. If you don’t want to remove it, at least merge it with ‘magic find’.

I like having a gold find set each season. Some characters need it more than others. For example wolf druid / pounce zon are teleporting everywhere and dont pick up much gold. Having gold find on these characters to farm up gold quickly when needed is nice. Gold find is also helpful if you are at the stage of the game where you might be crafting lots of honorifics. Junk stats in some ways also make rolling a really strong shrine craft that much more rewarding. If you start to thin out the affix pool you make it easier to roll really strong items and thus less rewarding.

BrecMadak wrote:Durability ─ Why do we still have durability? It serves no value to the gameplay. Just a tedious, repetitive task that takes away from your levelling. Consider leaving the stat for ethereal equipment.

It's a gold sink that breaks up the monotony of farming. The original purpose in D2 was to give players a reason to go back to town and break up the farming. Path of Exile doesnt have repair, but Path of Exile also doesnt have gold as a currency that stacks up massively over time.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Durability is a very real concern in labs for WDM builds. For example a wolf druid with
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 120
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
Regens 15% Life Over 5 Seconds Upon Taking Weapon Damage
100% Chance to cast level 50 Shatter the Flesh on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Striking
25% Attack Speed
Adds (310 to 410)-(500 to 600) Cold Damage
-10% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+20 to Banish
Maximum Mana -50%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
won't be able to clear labs 7+ without an indestructible jewel or a second weapon. Same happens with unholy melee paladin
BrecMadak
Sasquatch
65 | 2
intex wrote:
BrecMadak wrote:However, the ultimate argument still lies: I’m curious why there is no incentive in playing together? Do the developers aim for everyone to solo the game? If yes, I’d like to hear their motives by doing so. Make charm drops to scale with the number of players in a game, just like quest item drops.

I could see this being easily abusable to farm massive amounts of charms / trophies. Many characters can easily solo bremmtown for example. Join an 8 player game, kill the boss in 1minute, get 8 charms to drop. I don't think this is a good idea. could be also be used to get perfect rolls very quickly on some charms such as fool's gold, death projector, azmodan etc etc etc.

With the current implementation system, yes, it would be abused. But what stops not implementing a system that cannot be abused? There should be a check for every player in the game. So that charms drop only for those who are present in the boss location. This is of course a very rough idea that came to my mind as I was typing this. My point is that solutions are not far away as long as you want to fix them.

Diaco wrote:Durability is a very real concern in labs for WDM builds. For example a wolf druid with
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 120
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
Regens 15% Life Over 5 Seconds Upon Taking Weapon Damage
100% Chance to cast level 50 Shatter the Flesh on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Striking
25% Attack Speed
Adds (310 to 410)-(500 to 600) Cold Damage
-10% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+20 to Banish
Maximum Mana -50%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
won't be able to clear labs 7+ without an indestructible jewel or a second weapon. Same happens with unholy melee paladin

I've heard this serious concern mentioned before. However, I still cannot see the loss of durability that is seen as a 'challenge' to any extent. I understand that it forces the player to insert a zod or carry a secondary weapon, but I fail to see it as a genuine challenge. What is the goal of this design choice? Is it that whether every weapon should carry the player in the long run and considering this, you make a choice through hacking your way out? I'd be happy if you can enlighten me on this subject because bridging durability with endgame hardly makes sense to me.
BearBearderBarb
Pit Knight
115 | 7
Define "genuine challenge".
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
BrecMadak wrote:I've heard this serious concern mentioned before. However, I still cannot see the loss of durability that is seen as a 'challenge' to any extent. I understand that it forces the player to insert a zod or carry a secondary weapon, but I fail to see it as a genuine challenge. What is the goal of this design choice? Is it that whether every weapon should carry the player in the long run and considering this, you make a choice through hacking your way out? I'd be happy if you can enlighten me on this subject because bridging durability with endgame hardly makes sense to me.

Yes, that's probably right. When I've done jewelcrafting there's always lots of failures and lots of partial successes... when aiming for (say) 4% lightning damage, you usually get some that have 2% or 3% with other potentially useful mods, such as Indestructible. So the worst this is, for most people, is having a slightly sub-par Indestructible jewel - or if not playing SSF, they buy one that's 4% and indestructible. So not really a challenge at all, just a nuisance factor.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I hope the oils become more common in the future. Just spend three days running all A5 elite areas (mostly 3~4 player games) for one oil of conjuration. I got three oils in around 4 hours of farming those areas. Sometimes I'm more lucky, this was definitely the worst run in a long while.