Discuss Median XL!
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:Comparing SSF-viable build with azurewrath-based :mweed:

Not comparing them in different ways, its that: even with an azurewrath, unholy melee pal is not better than holy melee pal. With normal gears, holy melee pal with adjudicator or dawn crystal sword definitely beats unholy melee pal this season. For ssf, I see no reason unholy melee pal wins holy melee pal; For endgame, its clear that holy melee CHERUBIM pal is much better than unholy melee pal.
Scalewinged wrote:Agreed with uhm is one of ezest and most playable SSF builds in game.

Unholy melee pal is not a good farmer, nor a good boss killer. Just a little tanky melee ranged caster. I see no reason why its one of the ezest builds. Lightning sorc and totem nec are laughing.
Scalewinged wrote:Holy caster now just as squishy shit like bowzon but with neither alot slower playstyle or alot weaker damage.

Holy caster performs unexpected well in high labs this season, if u ever tried it and pushed it that far. The damage is not weak at all in labs. Bowzon is the real weak shit, in labs.
Scalewinged wrote:And UHC slayer is just full disappointment.... range is sooooooooooooo small that it's purely useless 1pointer having some weak purpose only for getting extra mindflay beam (huge downside is that you must stay in that tiny AoE to benefit)

Its true.
Scalewinged wrote:Also playd meleesorc already and bladestorm feels now alot more useful compared to before since practically it got damage per second/hit doubled.

Even with weapon damage doubled, this skill feels like shit when facing large stack mobs. The projectiles-halved bladestorm determines that melee sorc will never be a good farmer. And melee sorc does worse in labs than before due to the nerf to bladestorm projectiles and the change of fusillade. If possible, turn the weapon damage from 70% to 35% back and double the projectiles of bladestorm will be better. But still, bladestorm is kinda shit.

Azurewrath Is 100% useless for an unholy melee pala. My Guess Is that you are not very aware of how to use/gear that build
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
To be fair, there is an unholy paladin with Azure this season.

Who took the unholy *caster* tree to get max Stormlord and Tainted Blood, dumped 80 points into aspects, and uses either Carnage or Cherubim from a shield. He's also got Shamanka with a bunch of relics that boost cold spell damage because he doesn't know that doesn't work, but still.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1065 | 25
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Diaco wrote:Azurewrath Is 100% useless for an unholy melee pala. My Guess Is that you are not very aware of how to use/gear that build

Sry but "Azurewrath Is 100% useless for an unholy melee pala"? U serious? It seems u never played Azurewrath pal before.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Diaco wrote:Azurewrath Is 100% useless for an unholy melee pala. My Guess Is that you are not very aware of how to use/gear that build

Sry but "Azurewrath Is 100% useless for an unholy melee pala"? U serious? It seems u never played Azurewrath pal before.

What do you think the point of Azurewrath is on a build whose WDM scaling is equivalent to normal attack, and that scales Azure only by giving a bunch of pierce you don't need because it's already got 100 on it and you've got Elemental Wisdom for 30 more?
Edited by Siosilvar 2 years.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1065 | 25
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Diaco wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Diaco wrote:How Is UHM overnerfed? It's one of the strongest builds for SSF in my opinión, and they even added very relevant endgame gear for lemures build, which it was lacking in previous versions

Holy caster pal and holy melee pal are much better than unholy melee pal this season, whether farming or bossing, leveling or endgame. Just look at the pal ladder, uhp is nothing compared to them in endgame. Even with an
Azurewrath
Azurewrath
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 130
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
100% of Vitality Added as Cold Damage to Weapon
Max Life gained per point of Vitality reduced by 0.9
You Cannot Deal Fire, Lightning or Poison Damage
40% Chance to cast level 30 Azure Orb on Melee Attack
Adds 160-250 Cold Damage
-100% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+2 to Remorseless Winter
Slow Target 25%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
100% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
, lets say, doing holy melee pal can be as good as, or even better than uhp in this season.
And talking about lemures build this season, u sure it can do well in endgame contents like Scoglen and high labs? As fast and easy as a totem nec? Ive seen a Blood Thorns pal running Scoglen, but it struggles and is just inefficient. I even dont know whether lemures build can do Scoglen.
And personally, I levelled 2 pals this season separately in holy melee and unholy melee. The holy melee feels better. As for SSF, tbh Im not sure. It maybe good like u said.

Are you really comparing a SSF build with anything using azurewrath? That's laughable.

Lemures build with mid to late game gear can do scosglen confortably, farm duncraig in under 5 minutes, steamroll jungles with under 80% resists, run early labs easily... Fauzt can be done without even looking at the screen as a fresh 125

As for high labs, haven't gotten the necessary gear for it yet, but if past seasons are any indicator, I should be able to go at least until t7-t8. Maybe More if pushed to the límit.

Not comparing them in different ways. For ssf, I dont think going unholy melee outperforms holy melee; For endgame, holy melee is definitely better. And in before, with azurewrath, u should definitely go unholy melee. But this season, even with azurewrath, holy melee outperforms unholy melee.
Duncraig is easy, even for unholy caster pal. So no need to mention.
Fauzt can be done as a fresh 125 by UMP, yes it always is, but not as a fast farmer as some other bds.
U could show us the vid to see how fast it is and how well the gear needed if u ever did t9 and t10 with Lemures build. It will be appreciated.
And besides, all u trying to say is Lemures is good? But what about blood thorns UMP? That has nothing to do with blood thorns UMP feeling squishy.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1065 | 25
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Siosilvar wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

What do you think the point of Azurewrath is on a build whose WDM scaling is equivalent to normal attack, and that scales Azure only by giving a bunch of pierce you don't need because it's already got 100 on it?

Dont want to talk much about it. Just 2 tips:

1. The attack speed can reach 5fpa for superbeast model.

2. See these 2 items:
The Book of Kalen
The Book of Kalen
Targe (Sacred)

Defense: (3513 - 4471) to (3737 - 4757)
Chance to Block: 3%
(Paladin Only)
Required Dexterity: 437
Item Level: 105
Dragon's Blessing Attribute Bonus Halved
1% Base Block Chance
30% Hit Recovery
+(20 to 40) to Carnage
+(120 to 180)% Enhanced Defense
+2000 Defense vs. Missile
Maximum Life +3%
Socketed (4)
and
Zohar

Zohar
Paladin Shields

'MhalElqSil'
Runeword Level: 110
80% Attack Speed
Adds 3-5 Damage
+(75 to 95) to Maximum Damage
+(18 to 21) to Cherubim
Slows Attacker by 20%
+200% Enhanced Defense
10% to All Attributes
(10 to 15)% Chance to Avoid Damage
-10% to All Vendor Prices
Edited by cnlnjzfjb 2 years.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
cnlnjzfjb wrote:Dont what to talk much about it. Just 2 tips:

2. See these 2 items:
The Book of Kalen
The Book of Kalen
Targe (Sacred)

(Paladin Only)
1% Base Block Chance
30% Hit Recovery
+(20 to 40) to Carnage
Maximum Life +3%
Socketed (4)
and
Zohar

Zohar
Paladin Shields

'MhalElqSil'
80% Attack Speed
Adds 3-5 Damage
+(18 to 21) to Cherubim
Slows Attacker by 20%
+200% Enhanced Defense
10% to All Attributes

...which you also get as UHC, along with better Stormlord stats and Tainted Blood, like I said. You don't go azure UHM, you go HMP or UHC.
Edited by Siosilvar 2 years.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

Oof... now after that i see..
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1065 | 25
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Siosilvar wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:Dont what to talk much about it. Just 2 tips:

2. See these 2 items:
The Book of Kalen
The Book of Kalen
Targe (Sacred)

(Paladin Only)
1% Base Block Chance
30% Hit Recovery
+(20 to 40) to Carnage
Maximum Life +3%
Socketed (4)
and
Zohar

Zohar
Paladin Shields

'MhalElqSil'
80% Attack Speed
Adds 3-5 Damage
+(18 to 21) to Cherubim
Slows Attacker by 20%
+200% Enhanced Defense
10% to All Attributes

...which you also get as UHC, along with better Stormlord stats and Tainted Blood, like I said. You don't go azure UHM, you go HMP or UHC.

Pierce is never a problem for azure, if not doing Sam, Phobos or Deimoss.

Before 2.0, One can go UMP or go UHC to get Tainted Blood but drop the life on attack and damage reduction of UMP. U shouldnt go HMP.

But In 2.0, stormlord is nerfed for UMP. Thats why I said: In 2.0 even with azure, HMP is as good as, or even better than unholy melee pal. In 2.0, one should go UHC or HMP with azure rather than UMP. So Im saying the nerf to UMP by that.

Idk why designers keep nerfing UMP again and again, season by season.... Even with azure, UMP cant beat HMP in 2.0. So Im saying that I see no reason nerfing UMP so hard while buffing totem nec again and again.....
Edited by cnlnjzfjb 2 years.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ok so your point of comparison to say a build Is overnerfed Is an absolute endgame build revolving around an SSSU, between HMP vs an OSkill UMP build... Makes sense :/

Go play SSF HMP and UMP and then we can have an informed debate. Or even heavily twinked but not trying to shove in azurewrath.
Edited by Diaco 2 years.