Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Miothan wrote:So...the way to reach a competent Scosglen farming character is simply to use forum gold, cool......

Opposite: at least ssf meleenec scythe can farm Scosglen.... not very effective but can. Most rip recieved from "cloud" monsters which deal extremely high light/cold damage.. light damage is higher and alot less avoidable (since it working kind of clod sorc thunderstorm - almost instant hit at your char place). And obviously need to avoid tree's fire stack to avoid hp melt in no time
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Drop rates are already increased in singleplayer. Folks tested in 1.8 and it's about 20-40% more sets and SUs; not a huge boost and not enough to always find exactly what you want, but enough to equip a couple competent characters if you build a good Dunc farmer (neutraldin, bowa, java, totems... the list goes on) and put the time in.

High labs are rough without nolifing but Scos is definitely doable. Use Tantrum to get easy Riftwalker 3 upgrades, craft a crystal sword with Life Spark proc, make some runewords, have fun with your HMP or barb. Or whatever equivalent gear for other builds; for another example, Devouring Cloud druid doesn't need anything you can't drop in Teganze + Duncraig either.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:Drop rates are already increased in singleplayer

To be more precise - increased quality of items droped, it have no effect on any specific base like "essences, ench runes, etc". Just more chance of droped item to be rolled as rare/set/unique, nothing more.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Make a cold sorc. Hella cheap and rips through scosglen compared to the cost.
I'm just a casual player and have more high runes than I know what to do with and am even hoping you can stack them in the future patches.
Also never found a single sssu before 2.0 and now I have a couple.
whitewolf
Sasquatch
65 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
The problem with Scos is, they require endgame gear to efficiently farm, if u cant do it fast then fautz and dunc is clearly better. And unlike lab, there almost no content here, only drops. Imean the drop rate is fine but no point of fun in here, only grinding for more tg. If u can do scos comfortably, definitely u wont need scos drops for progression. So i guess the point of having new end game area is new chanllenge not just a repeated grinding area with no upgrade for progression.
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
Scosglen drop more highest runes, that's it

Anyway it's possible to exp to lvl145 there