Discuss Median XL!
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I write This primary as a suggestion/feedback.
Im not to happy with the ”last” of the end game zones. Sure its a challange but seems kind of dead after first run. I just want more to happen. Maybe a boss or something to spice it up.

Also the runedrop nerf is troublesome. I wanted to try out a tesladin. I tought that it could be fun. But when i well got the Rune i was level 142 already. Then my current build outshined everything else. The fun for me is the achive goals while levling. Not to be able to do all when om already at such high level.

I love This mod but ive been talking with alot of guys in forums that are too boored to even create a new character .

Also last feedback. There are tooooooo many buffs.
As for javelin.. there are two prebuffs to consider for beeing able to play smoothly. The time is not the problem but the amount of buffs. Maybe make them passives?

This is a rnpg (hack n slash) game after all.

Just my two cents. And if downvoting would be an actual future i would had been givning alot i know. But i rather be honest then quit
frozsoul
Cultist
24 | 3
First is about runes drop rates: they should keep them rare enough to make you feel good when you see them dropping, if everyone can find all the runes they need when leveling up, the runewords should be at the same level (powerful) with tier uniques, more or less.

Second is you love the mod, but the other guys don't. So is it the mod's problem?

Third is tooooooo many buffs, and you have to do 2 prebuffs, 2 are not too many in my opinion.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
1、Nerf totem nec. Idk why they keep buffing totem nec season by season, it is already too op now. Nerf it in 2.1.
2、Buff unholy melee pal. Still, I dont know why they keep nerfing uhp season by season. Its overnerfed.
3、Buff melee sorc. Bladestorm is nerfed to death this season, so give the half projectiles back to make this skill playable. Melee sorc players dont want to use Spiral Dance instead, which is also a bad skill for melee sorc.
4、Buff oskills. We ve seen the efforts they made, but not enough. Like Holy Shock and Psicrown, u really need to take a lot of efforts to make these oskills shine. But the payoff is not worth the efforts. Cause when they shine, its already too late. We know they dont want oskills to be op in late games. But now, they are just too hard to use. Why should those ppl try to build some oskills with a lot of efforts when other popular bds can farm fauzt easily with just sth like full sets?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:1、Nerf totem nec. Idk why they keep buffing totem nec season by season, it is already too op now. Nerf it in 2.1.
2、Buff unholy melee pal. Still, I dont know why they keep nerfing uhp season by season. Its overnerfed.
3、Buff melee sorc. Bladestorm is nerfed to death this season, so give the half projectiles back to make this skill playable. Melee sorc players dont want to use Spiral Dance instead, which is also a bad skill for melee sorc.
4、Buff oskills. We ve seen the efforts they made, but not enough. Like Holy Shock and Psicrown, u really need to take a lot of efforts to make these oskills shine. But the payoff is not worth the efforts. Cause when they shine, its already too late. We know they dont want oskills to be op in late games. But now, they are just too hard to use. Why should those ppl try to build some oskills with a lot of efforts when other popular bds can farm fauzt easily with just sth like full sets?

How Is UHM overnerfed? It's one of the strongest builds for SSF in my opinión, and they even added very relevant endgame gear for lemures build, which it was lacking in previous versions
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Diaco wrote:How Is UHM overnerfed? It's one of the strongest builds for SSF in my opinión, and they even added very relevant endgame gear for lemures build, which it was lacking in previous versions

Holy caster pal and holy melee pal are much better than unholy melee pal this season, whether farming or bossing, leveling or endgame. Just look at the pal ladder, uhp is nothing compared to them in endgame. Even with an
Azurewrath
Azurewrath
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 130
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
100% of Vitality Added as Cold Damage to Weapon
Max Life gained per point of Vitality reduced by 0.9
You Cannot Deal Fire, Lightning or Poison Damage
40% Chance to cast level 30 Azure Orb on Melee Attack
Adds 160-250 Cold Damage
-100% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+2 to Remorseless Winter
Slow Target 25%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
100% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
, lets say, doing holy melee pal can be as good as, or even better than uhp in this season.
And talking about lemures build this season, u sure it can do well in endgame contents like Scoglen and high labs? As fast and easy as a totem nec? Ive seen a Blood Thorns pal running Scoglen, but it struggles and is just inefficient. I even dont know whether lemures build can do Scoglen.
And personally, I levelled 2 pals this season separately in holy melee and unholy melee. The holy melee feels better. As for SSF, tbh Im not sure. It maybe good like u said.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Comparing SSF-viable build with azurewrath-based :mweed:
Agreed with uhm is one of ezest and most playable SSF builds in game. Not that HMP weak but clearly none of them both need any kind of buffs... also imo Holy caster now just as squishy shit like bowzon but with neither alot slower playstyle or alot weaker damage. And UHC slayer is just full disappointment.... range is sooooooooooooo small that it's purely useless 1pointer having some weak purpose only for getting extra mindflay beam (huge downside is that you must stay in that tiny AoE to benefit)
Also playd meleesorc already and bladestorm feels now alot more useful compared to before since practically it got damage per second/hit doubled. Only 'wierd' thing is that fussilade now seems not even close as useful as before. It deal just the same dps as spamming bladestorm and yet low compared to most other builds singletarget skills (at same point of full-ssf playthru with comparably same shit-starter gears)
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
It's good that other builds are better than UHM in the super late game. It's always been a build that's easy to get to midgame but doesn't scale as hard as the others into endgame, because you've already got free pierce cap and vita synergy maxed by 125 and have nowhere else to go. If it tops the softcore ladders this late in the season, either something is wrong or someone figured out a real good build, because that's not what it's supposed to be good at.

And if you look at the hardcore ladder, which is much closer to the stuff casual and/or SSF players end up doing (120 ubers and most but not necessarily all of the 125s), UHM is still half of paladins, even with HCP as overpowered as it is right now.
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Berkabus1 wrote:Also the runedrop nerf is troublesome. I wanted to try out a tesladin. I tought that it could be fun. But when i well got the Rune i was level 142 already. Then my current build outshined everything else. The fun for me is the achive goals while levling. Not to be able to do all when om already at such high level.

i personally find this to be the biggest hurdle to overcome in Median XL atm, i have been playing actively for a month on average and can clear Faustinville fast and with no problems, but i can't clear Scosglen unless i do it slowly, so i don't do it as it feels unrewarding, so my problem is currently that i haven't had any luck with the good items dropping, and i can't get any of the higher enhanced runes to make the good runewords that i need to improve my character, i am really bored, and it's not like im one of those "i cleared faust 10 times and got nothing QQ" im closing in on my 100th clear on faust, (i try to clear it now at least 1 time per day, cause eventually ill get what i need, but man....).

I have bits and pieces of great item setups, but not enough to make a switch, which is yet again frustrating, if i could at least get high-level enhanced runes, i could craft items that would allow me to switch items.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Diaco wrote:How Is UHM overnerfed? It's one of the strongest builds for SSF in my opinión, and they even added very relevant endgame gear for lemures build, which it was lacking in previous versions

Holy caster pal and holy melee pal are much better than unholy melee pal this season, whether farming or bossing, leveling or endgame. Just look at the pal ladder, uhp is nothing compared to them in endgame. Even with an
Azurewrath
Azurewrath
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 130
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
100% of Vitality Added as Cold Damage to Weapon
Max Life gained per point of Vitality reduced by 0.9
You Cannot Deal Fire, Lightning or Poison Damage
40% Chance to cast level 30 Azure Orb on Melee Attack
Adds 160-250 Cold Damage
-100% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+2 to Remorseless Winter
Slow Target 25%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
100% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
, lets say, doing holy melee pal can be as good as, or even better than uhp in this season.
And talking about lemures build this season, u sure it can do well in endgame contents like Scoglen and high labs? As fast and easy as a totem nec? Ive seen a Blood Thorns pal running Scoglen, but it struggles and is just inefficient. I even dont know whether lemures build can do Scoglen.
And personally, I levelled 2 pals this season separately in holy melee and unholy melee. The holy melee feels better. As for SSF, tbh Im not sure. It maybe good like u said.

Are you really comparing a SSF build with anything using azurewrath? That's laughable.

Lemures build with mid to late game gear can do scosglen confortably, farm duncraig in under 5 minutes, steamroll jungles with under 80% resists, run early labs easily... Fauzt can be done without even looking at the screen as a fresh 125

As for high labs, haven't gotten the necessary gear for it yet, but if past seasons are any indicator, I should be able to go at least until t7-t8. Maybe More if pushed to the límit.
Edited by Diaco 2 years.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Scalewinged wrote:Comparing SSF-viable build with azurewrath-based :mweed:

Not comparing them in different ways, its that: even with an azurewrath, unholy melee pal is not better than holy melee pal. With normal gears, holy melee pal with adjudicator or dawn crystal sword definitely beats unholy melee pal this season. For ssf, I see no reason unholy melee pal wins holy melee pal; For endgame, its clear that holy melee CHERUBIM pal is much better than unholy melee pal.
Scalewinged wrote:Agreed with uhm is one of ezest and most playable SSF builds in game.

Unholy melee pal is not a good farmer, nor a good boss killer. Just a little tanky melee ranged caster. I see no reason why its one of the ezest builds. Lightning sorc and totem nec are laughing.
Scalewinged wrote:Holy caster now just as squishy shit like bowzon but with neither alot slower playstyle or alot weaker damage.

Holy caster performs unexpected well in high labs this season, if u ever tried it and pushed it that far. The damage is not weak at all in labs. Bowzon is the real weak shit, in labs.
Scalewinged wrote:And UHC slayer is just full disappointment.... range is sooooooooooooo small that it's purely useless 1pointer having some weak purpose only for getting extra mindflay beam (huge downside is that you must stay in that tiny AoE to benefit)

Its true.
Scalewinged wrote:Also playd meleesorc already and bladestorm feels now alot more useful compared to before since practically it got damage per second/hit doubled.

Even with weapon damage doubled, this skill feels like shit when facing large stack mobs. The projectiles-halved bladestorm determines that melee sorc will never be a good farmer. And melee sorc does worse in labs than before due to the nerf to bladestorm projectiles and the change of fusillade. If possible, turn the weapon damage from 70% to 35% back and double the projectiles of bladestorm will be better. But still, bladestorm is kinda shit.