Problems with strength for new armor

Discuss Median XL!
MisterSweden
Prowler
15 | 0
I have plenty of strength to work with, yet it wont allow me to use the new armor even when removing the old one. I guess this is based on "To all attributes" modifiers? i am unsure as the game certainly wont tell me.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You have 594 strength and it requires 614. Simple math tells me you dont have enough strength to wear it.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The game tells you in RED text that you dont meet STR req...
MisterSweden
Prowler
15 | 0
boozek wrote:The game tells you in RED text that you dont meet STR req...

Of course i can see that, but my character sheet clearly shows i´ve got ample strenght to use the new armor.
MisterSweden
Prowler
15 | 0
Yeahsper wrote:You have 594 strength and it requires 614. Simple math tells me you dont have enough strength to wear it.

I think i finally figured that one out, its a five not six. I feel kinda silly but at the same time can you really blame me? just taking a glance at the stats makes it look like a six rather than five. :-] :oops:
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Yeah, it's quite difficult to distinguish the 5 and 6 in Diablo II's default font. If you like, there's font replacements available over on the tools page.
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MisterSweden wrote:
Yeahsper wrote:You have 594 strength and it requires 614. Simple math tells me you dont have enough strength to wear it.

I think i finally figured that one out, its a five not six. I feel kinda silly but at the same time can you really blame me? just taking a glance at the stats makes it look like a six rather than five. :-] :oops:

I've been playing for years and this still trips me up from time to time, don't feel bad.
Gorghor
Bone Archer
77 | 4
SMH
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge