Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
There was a topic about this after 2.0 launched, but it found blind ears, so here we go again.

So in 2.0, tu drops from norm nih were nerfed from 3 to 2, and what the actual problem here is: they simply removed t1-t3 items from hell. I'll just go ahead and simply just throw a random number here, but i cant be too far from the truth: around 80-85% of all items dropped were t1-t3, which pretty much means tu drops in hell are almost as rare as finding sets and sacred uniques. What was the dev team's solution to this? Add ac drops to TA from amazon defenders. I believe this is a step in the right direction, but it doesnt quite work. The problem with this is that you want to use those acs way before you hit lvl 115 to enter ta and farm the acs, and they also have way too low drop rate, so you are again back to norm nih, which was nerfed, and its very boring to run.

My proposed solution to the problem:

Simply reintroduce t1-t3 drops in hell. OR move the AC drops from ta amazon defenders to IOTSS from feyrs and increase drop rate possibly. It is an early enough zone that people can get there with their garbage lvl 10 items from cold plains and easily farm it to replace them with those tus you make from the acs. You should be able to farm acs at a slightly slower rate than from normal nih, since there is also the gold bias and the chance to get sets/sus, and you can earn xp while doing all that. People will still have the choice to go farm norm nih for faster ac gains, or live a little in iotss for the additional benefits.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Tran Athulua has historically been unique-biased area. Moving it to other area would be senseless.

Why does it have to be a specific area though? Why don't introduce a worldwide hell drop of AC fragments (with the frequency of former unique drops) and whole crystals (with frequency of large skill signets or something)?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
The keyword here is target farming. You reach hell, you are wearing half shitty items that you want to replace, and uptier your other items.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
By the time I reach Hell, I am usually capped on T3/T4 equips and resistances, because otherwise I die (I rarely play LOS spam skills like Meal Storm / Dragonforce).
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Blind ears? :scratch:
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The keyword here seems to be speed. I can get you a guy.

Usually I respect your ideas but now I'm just not getting the point.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
The point is that you cant target farm them when you need them from hell, and you cant really get them by just playing the game (in hell) because they simply dont drop.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Yeah, more bosses and specific mobs should drop Arcane Shards. I don't mind Hell Mephisto runs and usually do that once I can or when I need a jewel done, and never do more than one or two normal Nihl. But the next part of the game that drop AC's is scosglen, and between Hell meph and scosglen there's A LOT, especially now that scosglen is very hard due to the druids.
It's like there's 3 checkpoints for AC's grinding, with TA in between as a consolation price. Viz jun would be a good place to have shards drop, and would make it a bit more competitive compared to fauzt. With the theme of "this is here you go if you wanna craft jewels", but that's my wishful thinking as a Vizjun lover.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
When 2.0 hit I had similar thoughts about this topic. If I'm remembering correctly, the dev's reasoning for removing T1-T3 items from hell was "too much clutter on the screen". As OP says it seems that simply reintroducing T1-T4 uniques all through hell would solve the issue. I do agree with maintaining removal of all remaining T1-T3 items from hell as it did get a little crazy in places like Fautz.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
There seems to be a constant shortage of AC's for me too :think: