Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
In an attempt to open up a lot of potentially interesting builds, I'd like to suggest the following feature;

Create a way to remove the class exclusivity from an item through some sort of consumable or otherwise.

This could be done through various ways each with their own pros & cons:
1. Add it as an option to the corruption crystal.
- This would decrease the overall chance of bricking an item which as it stands is quite high given the somewhat minimal not-so-build-defining benefits of corruptions.
- This can contribute to the item sink that corruption crystals can be.

2. Create a consumable that can be target farmed/is exclusive to a boss(or bosses) or area(s). This consumable can be split in fragments or be a recipe.
- Good to motivate people to farm maybe underappreciated areas.
- Good justification for a new boss or for farming bosses that have no trophies.

3. A class-specific item can on rare occasions drop classless.
- Gives new life to certain items. Including simple SUs.
- Could help boost the economy as a result if items with a regular value have rare instances where versions of that item are more valuable.
- Creates a new, much needed layer of excitement when any class-specific item drops as it could roll classless.

I'm personally a fan of option 3. I think it's important in ARPGs to not always gravitate towards convoluted systems and instead focus on providing the all-too-important "what if" factor when playing, farming and finding loot.

Here are VERY FEW potential things that could be done if this feature were introduced (this opens up the door to so much that trying to list everything would be futile):
1. A hammerfall 1-hand whirlwind barb (could be paired with other procs)
2. Arrowswarm zon with Eagle Eye.
3. Unholy melee paladin with Soul Reaver Scythe (stat scaling build with essentially a holy fire aura + fire damage on attack + bloodthorns scaling from vitality)
4. Deathlord morph from Defiler available to other attack classes.
5. Mark of the Que-Hegan enabling ranged bloodthorns to be used on other classes.
6. Askarbydd allowing for a rapid wyrmshot druid or necro (or even barb!).

Potential complications:

1. Unique art assets for class specific items are likely (I don't work with the D2 engine so I might be wrong here) only made to fit that class' character model. As such, if an item rolls classless, its model on the character when equipped would need to default to a regular classless item. For example a druid pelt would have to default to a cap.

2. Some builds could turn out to be fairly strong. It's possible that these classless items could use some form of NOT EXAGGERATED downside. For example, a chance to roll a variable +req mod. A chance for one of the mods on the item to not roll at all. A chance to roll a variable -all res mod. A chance to roll fewer than maximum sockets. Etc.

Ultimately, this feels like a high impact feature that could heavily shake things up in the economy, bring value to items that may not have had much of it in the first place, create new excitement when farming and above all open up the door for new, creative builds to be made.
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bro 100% having the corruption chance to add an Oskill would be sick..
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Its an interesting idea... I'm not sure how I feel about it.

IMO your option 1 makes the most sense here, since there's so much risk behind it. Maybe to limit it's power a bit, it changes the class restriction rather than removing it altogether. I like the sound of that better actually because it forces you to be more creative to make use of it, rather than going straight for the most obvious class.

Another option could be a hybrid of 2 and 3. Make it a consumable item, but have it as a very rare world-drop item. I would say the same thing here too, change the class restriction, not remove it. And also probably make it a small chance of success otherwise it'd be too strong.

Last thing, I think you'd have to limit it so it COULDNT be used on set items, and maybe runewords. Sets need to keep their class restrictions... That's half of what makes them what they are. And runewords I could see just being too overpowered.
CMBurns
Gravedigger
194 | 51
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:Its an interesting idea... I'm not sure how I feel about it.

IMO your option 1 makes the most sense here, since there's so much risk behind it. Maybe to limit it's power a bit, it changes the class restriction rather than removing it altogether. I like the sound of that better actually because it forces you to be more creative to make use of it, rather than going straight for the most obvious class.

Another option could be a hybrid of 2 and 3. Make it a consumable item, but have it as a very rare world-drop item. I would say the same thing here too, change the class restriction, not remove it. And also probably make it a small chance of success otherwise it'd be too strong.

Last thing, I think you'd have to limit it so it COULDNT be used on set items, and maybe runewords. Sets need to keep their class restrictions... That's half of what makes them what they are. And runewords I could see just being too overpowered.

I actually like the idea of the class change rather than going classless. It's a good way to limit it and is healthy for the economy as well.

I could see it being only possible for uniques. But, ideally I'd like runewords to be possible too.
angel204
Fallen
1 | 0
Have you suggested your music feature, if not, that's great https://tonosparacelular.net/
Edited by angel204 1 year.
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
It would be interesting to have an "umo box" of umos usable with mats to get a specific unique mystic orb...
A sort of Charm > convering mats in umos... converting set/unique sacred pieces + @ into a specific umo...

Unique mystic orbs are what makes players unable to go beyond certain content...

An Oil of Cleaning (removing everything increasing lvl) from a specific item would be nice as well...

Honorifics should be tuned somehow in order not to have a lvl 30 sacred pierce imbued with 2x(5x) umos bein > everything else in the game...

The "Solitude Umo" > having an alternative in other slot but wpn to be able to really use elemental wpns would help > it's plenty of crap SSU in armor slots...
1 each slot would be fine...

Last thing : Eye of Malich has either to go or work somehow different than it's current form...

Relics : Some works, some don't, some are of no real use... If a relic is shitty but for the +max fire/light/poison/cold at least make it "base +2"...