Does Anyone Else Want Another Goblin Season??

Discuss Median XL!

Would you be excited for another Goblin Season?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 149

cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If hc and SP, maybe yes.
If sc, no. Goblins just make the game an easy mode. U dont have to farm SCs or trophies, just wait for the goblin drop. U can get plenty of UMOs and relics, which turns the ladder into sth boring. The trading will be soon killed and season ladder soon nearly dead. Ppl afk soon, the ladder life will be greatly shortened by goblins like 1.8 season.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
For Single player - yes! Cant understand Why we dont get to enjoy the game as multiplayers do. I play sp for reasons that makes it impossible to do mp. Its not a choice. So Why punish me further? Or is it hard/impossible to implement some stuff in sp?
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:If hc and SP, maybe yes.
If sc, no. Goblins just make the game an easy mode. U dont have to farm SCs or trophies, just wait for the goblin drop. U can get plenty of UMOs and relics, which turns the ladder into sth boring. The trading will be soon killed and season ladder soon nearly dead. Ppl afk soon, the ladder life will be greatly shortened by goblins like 1.8 season.

Goblin season lasted long. This was the worst season yet - dead in 10 days.
p2w
Mahasattva
911 | 58
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
in fact ,gobolin season trade is hot for long time till season end。in 2.0 and 2.1 5tg items are hard to sell even in first two week
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Afysr wrote:if u're bringing it to sp too, then yes

this
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
smartasss wrote:Goblin season lasted long. This was the worst season yet - dead in 10 days.

Most ppl may not agree on that, but I do. Goblin season is the worst season in all 1.X, long and boring.
The truth is simple: If sth is too easy to get, then u wont feel much joy and satisfaction from it. Goblins just make sc game too easy. When the game is too easy, it is boring. Ppl soon lose interest.
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
smartasss wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
smartasss wrote:Goblin season lasted long. This was the worst season yet - dead in 10 days.

Most ppl may not agree on that, but I do. Goblin season is the worst season in all 1.X, long and boring.
The truth is simple: If sth is too easy to get, then u wont feel much joy and satisfaction from it. Goblins just make sc game too easy. When the game is too easy, it is boring. Ppl soon lose interest.

(Redacted)

he didn't say anything about sigma v2.x

I don't want one more goblin season , but I would increase the drop from goblins. All I got from the goblins in 2.1 is 1 umo and a ton of shrines.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Goblin were fine for a season but I find the idea pretty boring myself. I would much rather have a proper boss spawning randomely on specific maps than some folder that just keep running away, if anything.
And if the problem is relic and umo, there's many other ways to upgrade this ; Reworking labs to not have to pray for phoboss (and a riftstone) to spawn and have something a bit more consistant instead, adding more runewords with oskills to compensate the need of relics, making scosglen druid have a rune drop biais so there's meaning in killing them even with too many boxes in hand (the boxes are a good way to get relics) etc etc.
As someone stated above, the game is easy enough, I definitely don't want drops to get buffed overall, but rather only at 125+ ubers. Scosglen, Lab and Sam are the only places we need big gear anyway. Upgrading theses just a bit and maybe fauzt (at least great rune drop) and vizjun (good place to put that random boss spawn) would be perfect to me.
But "hey I just got to TA and a gobo dropped me laz charm and my gear already have umos lol" thing again? Nope. I believe drop should be a reward, not a gift from the heavens.
bardzini
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
p2w wrote:in fact ,gobolin season trade is hot for long time till season end。in 2.0 and 2.1 5tg items are hard to sell even in first two week

I noticed this too. In the goblin season I didn't want to stop playing and trading. This season is dead in less than a week.
bardzini
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

i undersatnd what you mean, if a game is too easy and is not a challenge people will get bored.

On the flip side, what do you think is the reason this season died out so quickly when it's much harder in comparison?