Buff Orb of Annihilation, please?

Discuss Median XL!
MajorCooke
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Doing some testing with this ability, this spell is not a very reliable one in the later half of the endgame quests. You have to stack it up to level 90 for it to even be considered reasonable. This is especially true for those who manage to get their hands ahold of an extremely rare relic version, which only gives a measly 5 to 10 (plus the +1 to all skills). There's a few ways this could be improved without changing it too much.

One of these alone should suffice.
  • Increase relic version from ranges (5-10) to (30-35). The rarity of this relic is plenty justification for this.
  • Increase damage gain per level to 150, reduce + to OoA amount given by necro wands (they easily get the largest boost)
  • Reduce mana cost to 2000

Just my two cents.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
But it gains bonuses for + all skills, no? I also think if you use it in conjunction with another skill, it can become a viable build.
MajorCooke
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
The problem with this is the +1 to all skills raises mana prices, so you might as well go all in on orb of annihilation, except if you have summons like Wolf Companion (which I do and it's a huge boon - more damage done, can't go wrong with that!). The mana cost on OoA, thankfully, doesn't change so going nuclear on that spell doesn't hurt one bit.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
MajorCooke wrote:The problem with this is the +1 to all skills raises mana prices, so you might as well go all in on orb of annihilation, except if you have summons like Wolf Companion (which I do and it's a huge boon - more damage done, can't go wrong with that!). The mana cost on OoA, thankfully, doesn't change so going nuclear on that spell doesn't hurt one bit.

can you explain to me how Wolf Companion is a huge boon for OoA?
MajorCooke
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Well maybe not a huge boon but the relic adds Hunter's Mark, which increases how much damage a marked enemy takes.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Hunter's Mark only applies to physical damage. You would also need the barb passive that converts it to reduce enemy MDR instead, and even then it's a few hundred points of damage at the most.