Discuss Median XL!
Worldless
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
As usual I've hit 140 got all charms sigs, rerolled afew classes and never gotten into the higher than 135 content

Barb:
My WW barb's currently farming sco, but its fairly underwhelming given it has amazing gear, WW barb is super fun up until 140, now I just feel useless
I also tried afew different throw barb builds (rebound doesn't feel op anymore like median 2008 LOL) and earthquake build

Nec:
I tried Totem necro / xbow necro and destroyed fauntz+ with random shit from my mules but they're so boring to play, I love malice abilities, with some Malice SSU's stacked energy and spell power I couldn't make it work.

Sin:
My sins around 130 but it's too different now, Death blossoms gone, Noctule strike seems weaker, Uberskills feel odd, ways are totally different. Apart from walking around in circles spamming broadside on naginata sin, charged strikes the funnest ability (when it actually does its full dmg) and kiting bosses through blade barrier was kinda fun, but I think Broadside should be throwsin only, kills the fantasy for me. Make blade barrier bigger aoe and give it the broadside backstab magic passive. Then nagi sin can use melee devo.
Tried a bunch of Proc builds, they all failed.

Pally:
Holy melee / caster was okay, but Unholy melee shits all over them. it seems unholy is the only way to make proc/oskill builds work aswell.

Zon:
Spear zons super fun, great hunts great when it hits properly, but I havnt gotten into the 135 bracket of content yet

I haven't given sorc/druid a chance this season yet, the only builds that seem to interest me are Fire sorc and Caster Druid
My friend plays Melee sorc / Bowzon with me and they both seemed great until we got 135+

I haven't played the current version of trap sin, Is it a viable build? I miss the old Bomb sin builds
Looking for tips / suggestions, Should I just spend more time optimizing? or is higher content build dependent?

also on a side note Kyle my lovely a1 merc makes every build I've tried feel inadequate compared to her. Originally I gave her great gear but needed to use some of it and she owns just asmuch with only a bow. The only problem I found was she died when the red press escape to continue screen came up
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
to see whats viable check top players from each class on ladder: https://tsw.median-xl.com/ladder
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Worldless wrote:Barb:
My WW barb's currently farming sco, but its fairly underwhelming given it has amazing gear, WW barb is super fun up until 140, now I just feel useless
I also tried afew different throw barb builds (rebound doesn't feel op anymore like median 2008 LOL) and earthquake build

a friend of mine has been playing WW (before windform) barb for a very good amount of time and the build is good. not sure why you feel it is useless right now. I played several time with him in lab7+ and WW barb smashes the content with ease. maybe you should improve your current build

Worldless wrote:Nec:
I tried Totem necro / xbow necro and destroyed fauntz+ with random shit from my mules but they're so boring to play, I love malice abilities, with some Malice SSU's stacked energy and spell power I couldn't make it work.

i played xbow necro last season up to lvl148. impressive farming speed with xbow. now they reworked the skill, so now you need pierce as well. probably performs still decently, but the main issue of xbow is survivability in higher labs (8+).. just very slow, you cannot just go and facetank everything like other builds. but i never had the chance to play with good relics (i am free to play with a job, so impossible to do it in a ladder season). maybe with relics can go very far

Worldless wrote:Sin:
My sins around 130 but it's too different now, Death blossoms gone, Noctule strike seems weaker, Uberskills feel odd, ways are totally different. Apart from walking around in circles spamming broadside on naginata sin, charged strikes the funnest ability (when it actually does its full dmg) and kiting bosses through blade barrier was kinda fun, but I think Broadside should be throwsin only, kills the fantasy for me. Make blade barrier bigger aoe and give it the broadside backstab magic passive. Then nagi sin can use melee devo.

i played shuriken+vessel assassin last season and couldn't go past lab7 because of lack of defensive resources. this patch damage is increased and life as well. so should be better. the build is extremly fun (and cheap, because it is niche = you can actually buy some relics even as free to play... namely vessel of justice, vessel of retribution, and relics boosting pmsd .. other relics are also useful but, unfortunately, available only to very committed players and pay to play players)

Worldless wrote:Pally:
Holy melee / caster was okay, but Unholy melee shits all over them. it seems unholy is the only way to make proc/oskill builds work aswell.

holy melee and holy caster are the paladin cookie-cutter builds, but requires high investment in terms of items, umos and relics. not sure how unholy melee can shit on them. this season i am playing unholy melee and i dont feel like i shit on holy casters and melee, quite the opposite. dmg from skills suck hard, and you can only rely on procs = shit build for endgame (without huge investment, otherwise who knows.. not me yet), but very fun

Worldless wrote:I haven't played the current version of trap sin, Is it a viable build? I miss the old Bomb sin builds
Looking for tips / suggestions, Should I just spend more time optimizing? or is higher content build dependent?

trapsin is always OP, super resilient. I played for 4-5 seasons consecutively and had fun. But didn't play it since 2.0. so i don't know exactly. for sure trapsin keeps the same resilience as before. but before the damage was very lacking. not sure if it's still the case. you can give it a run and let me know :D
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
When someone comments on spear zones, I comment.
Because I like spear zones very much, but she is not strong
She hit the injury too slowly
Not suitable for medianxl's high-end scenario and boss
I hope she will change in 2.2
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Poison/cold/fire/light sorc.

Storm/java zon.

Werebear/werewolf/maybe oither druids but no experience.

UHM/cherubim palas

Elemental barb/psionic storm oskill barb.

Melee necro (top end gear required)/xbow/malice is ok too.
bardzini
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Worldless wrote:As usual I've hit 140 got all charms sigs, rerolled afew classes and never gotten into the higher than 135 content

Barb:

Nec:

Sin:

Pally:

Zon:
Spear zons super fun, great hunts great when it hits properly, but I havnt gotten into the 135 bracket of content yet

I haven't given sorc/druid a chance this season yet, the only builds that seem to interest me are Fire sorc and Caster Druid
My friend plays Melee sorc / Bowzon with me and they both seemed great until we got 135+

I haven't played the current version of trap sin, Is it a viable build? I miss the old Bomb sin builds

also on a side note Kyle my lovely a1 merc makes every build I've tried feel inadequate compared to her. Originally I gave her great gear but needed to use some of it and she owns just asmuch with only a bow. The only problem I found was she died when the red press escape to continue screen came up

I'm in a similar boat as you. I can't really find anything to handle 135+ content.

I tried Cherubim Pally but that couldn't cut it. I tried Holy Caster pally, same deal. I'm currently trying UHM pally but the farm is not good and I'm only slightly better off than I was as Cherubim or holy.

I think to handle these areas you really need to push your build to it's min/max limits
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
bardzini wrote:
Worldless wrote:As usual I've hit 140 got all charms sigs, rerolled afew classes and never gotten into the higher than 135 content

Barb:

Nec:

Sin:

Pally:

Zon:

I'm in a similar boat as you. I can't really find anything to handle 135+ content.

I tried Cherubim Pally but that couldn't cut it. I tried Holy Caster pally, same deal. I'm currently trying UHM pally but the farm is not good and I'm only slightly better off than I was as Cherubim or holy.

I think to handle these areas you really need to push your build to it's min/max limits

Holy melee is strong enough to do all content. You use Zohar shield. The problem is sustain. You need either conflux relic on switch and/or a ton of life on melee atk. Then problem solved and you facetank the endgame content

I play unholy melee and as you pointed out, it's too slow (ie. no dmg)
bardzini
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Inno86 wrote:
bardzini wrote:

Barb:

Nec:

Sin:

Pally:

Zon:

Holy melee is strong enough to do all content. You use Zohar shield. The problem is sustain. You need either conflux relic on switch and/or a ton of life on melee atk. Then problem solved and you facetank the endgame content

I play unholy melee and as you pointed out, it's too slow (ie. no dmg)

I was holy melee with Zohar shield (I'm not rich enough to be buying relics) with 86+ all res and 50 phys res. I'd get killed almost instantly in Scos (9.1k hp as holy melee). Had 2 ripstars and 100 life on melee hit on wep, not sure what I was missing besides that relic.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Inno86 wrote:I play unholy melee and as you pointed out, it's too slow (ie. no dmg)

Try this setup:

Ensi

Ensi
Paladin Spears

'IgnIgnHelThul'
Runeword Level: 100
33% Chance to cast level 63 Apocalypse on Melee Attack
100% Attack Speed
Adds 125-188 Fire Damage
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Hit Blinds Target +(2 to 3)
Cold Resist +30%
+
Fuse
Fuse
Belts

'Mhal'
Runeword Level: 110
20% Chance to cast level 28 Ignis Fatuus when Struck
Adds 38-113 Fire Damage
0.375% to Fire Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(7 to 12) to Path of Flames
+(143 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
5% to All Attributes
Fire Resist +(75 to 100)%
Level 5 Blast Wave (40/40 Charges)
+
Armageddon
Armageddon
(Paladin Oskill Set)

Eye of Wisdom
The Witness

Set Bonus with complete set:
Ignis Fatuus: bonuses increased by 50%
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+17 to Ignis Fatuus

+
The Witness
The Witness
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8436 - 9339) to (10338 - 11445)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 118
(31 to 45)% Cast Speed
+(16 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(6 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(51 to 250) to Mana
Socketed (6)

Armageddon
(Paladin Oskill Set)
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
bapcja wrote:
Inno86 wrote:I play unholy melee and as you pointed out, it's too slow (ie. no dmg)

Try this setup:

Ensi

Ensi
Paladin Spears

'IgnIgnHelThul'
Runeword Level: 100
33% Chance to cast level 63 Apocalypse on Melee Attack
100% Attack Speed
Adds 125-188 Fire Damage
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Hit Blinds Target +(2 to 3)
Cold Resist +30%
+
Fuse
Fuse
Belts

'Mhal'
Runeword Level: 110
20% Chance to cast level 28 Ignis Fatuus when Struck
Adds 38-113 Fire Damage
0.375% to Fire Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(7 to 12) to Path of Flames
+(143 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
5% to All Attributes
Fire Resist +(75 to 100)%
Level 5 Blast Wave (40/40 Charges)
+
Armageddon
Armageddon
(Paladin Oskill Set)

Eye of Wisdom
The Witness

Set Bonus with complete set:
Ignis Fatuus: bonuses increased by 50%
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+17 to Ignis Fatuus

+
The Witness
The Witness
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8436 - 9339) to (10338 - 11445)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 118
(31 to 45)% Cast Speed
+(16 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(6 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(51 to 250) to Mana
Socketed (6)

Armageddon
(Paladin Oskill Set)

Does it work outside fauzt? I.e. labs, scosglen...