Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
There are different opinions for when we would preffer to have full wipe. Some people have a lot time to play others has only few hours a week. Looking at the trade market its usually about 30-60 days till its dead. I personally play around a month sometimes a bit longer if I try more classes than one.

Apart from that there is also time needed for devs to create new content and balance builds. 1 month is not enough, what about 2 months?

Other question is would you like to have reset more often but with less changes?
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I don't think seasons are dead immediately or after 30-60 days. I'd keep the status quo. Not everyone is able to nerd 8 hours+ per day. Of course, in that case I'd think to have seasons lasting 1 month, but I am not that kind of player and I cannot even play regularly. So for me 3 months is even not enough time to complete the game focusing on 1 toon. I have yet to kill Samael or Deimoss in 3 months time.

Instead, I would link the charms to the characters. So to avoid the trade of charms. They are part of the game and milestones for every player. If this change is implemented, I can guarantee you that 3 months for a season won't feel too long.
bardzini
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
boozek wrote:There are different opinions for when we would preffer to have full wipe. Some people have a lot time to play others has only few hours a week. Looking at the trade market its usually about 30-60 days till its dead. I personally play around a month sometimes a bit longer if I try more classes than one.

Apart from that there is also time needed for devs to create new content and balance builds. 1 month is not enough, what about 2 months?

Other question is would you like to have reset more often but with less changes?

I personally wouldn't mind a 2 month season length considering the current status of things.

However, I would rather see other changes to the server that encourage players to keep playing past the first few weeks.

Had a lot of discussion about this in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73580 (particularly post #32 by CMBurns is very interesting)

as a side note, I've been done with this season for almost 2 full weeks now, the trade is very dead and I just can't justify investing my time to play, but I would love to play if there was still trade.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Inno86 wrote:I don't think seasons are dead immediately or after 30-60 days. I'd keep the status quo. Not everyone is able to nerd 8 hours+ per day. Of course, in that case I'd think to have seasons lasting 1 month, but I am not that kind of player and I cannot even play regularly. So for me 3 months is even not enough time to complete the game focusing on 1 toon. I have yet to kill Samael or Deimoss in 3 months time.

Instead, I would link the charms to the characters. So to avoid the trade of charms. They are part of the game and milestones for every player. If this change is implemented, I can guarantee you that 3 months for a season won't feel too long.

I actually really like this idea. By "Link to the character" do you mean just add the stats directly to the hero and not have any item in the stash? That would be my recommendation.

Maybe restrict trading for the first few weeks of the season overall? I feel like that in itself will also extend the life of the season.
bardzini
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
eurekaaaa wrote:
Inno86 wrote:I don't think seasons are dead immediately or after 30-60 days. I'd keep the status quo. Not everyone is able to nerd 8 hours+ per day. Of course, in that case I'd think to have seasons lasting 1 month, but I am not that kind of player and I cannot even play regularly. So for me 3 months is even not enough time to complete the game focusing on 1 toon. I have yet to kill Samael or Deimoss in 3 months time.

I actually really like this idea. By "Link to the character" do you mean just add the stats directly to the hero and not have any item in the stash? That would be my recommendation.

Maybe restrict trading for the first few weeks of the season overall? I feel like that in itself will also extend the life of the season.

I have to disagree. If you made these changes it would really kill the excitement for a new ladder. I personally would no longer play.

Many people focus on farming builds which do not kill bosses well, they would never be able to get all the charms they need if you cannot trade charms.

Many other players like to farm bosses for trophies / well rolled charms etc, this is a viable alternative to farming areas like dunc/fautz/scos. This would totally kill that option for players.

In addition, I think it's unrealistic to say "restrict trade" there is no way to stop players from communicating in discord and trading items, even if you do not allow TG to transfer through the website
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Resticting trading will just piss people off and make everyone quit, or just end up delaying the season start for the most active players. That's a bad solution.

We need more variety in high level areas. The level cap increase and uber tiers from Sigma 1.0 are to blame here - I don't think they were bad changes, but it does leave us nothing to do before labs/scos except mindlessly grinding Fauzt, and so it's been turned into a joke of an area relative to what it once was to not flood the market with Tahas and shrines. But that's a recipe for burnout for folks who don't have that patience.

And even with Fauzt in the state it is, it feels more rewarding than Scosglen.

Even one or two more alternatives in the 125-130 bracket would break up the monotony a lot. It also means you could buff the difficulty and rewards in Fauzt, because right now it's much easier to survive than Vizjun and, for some builds, easier than Duncraig.