Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
noibo wrote:its still just a race to hell.

Why shouldnt it be a race to hell? All the new content is there (with the exception of ta and k3k ofc), i dont want to spend 10 hours to get there. Norm and nightmare are certainly a lot more difficult now than it was before.
SilentSin
Cultist
23 | 3
Istaryu wrote:

Why shouldnt it be a race to hell?

Because by "race to hell" he actually means "waste of time". Why shouldn't the game waste our time? Because that's not fun.

Yeah, all the new content is there, so ... stop putting all the new content there?

Nightmare feels like a massive waste of time both in terms of environments because any remotely decent build can breeze through the exact same stuff you just did in Normal and in terms of character building because nothing interesting happens to skill trees during those levels.

For Environments:

The only interesting thing that happens during Nightmare is the early visit to Tran Athulua so a simple solution would be to put at least one similar challenge in each act. Maybe The Butcher, Tran Athulua, Death Projector, Library of Fate, and Assault on Mount Arreat.

The charms from those challenges should give buffs to things like Bonus XP, Magic Find, and Move Speed so it's actually worthwhile getting them early as you pass through the acts rather than just more damage which you can come back for at any point when you're overlevelled. Charging Arcane Crystals for being overlevelled when you craft the Sunstone serves the same purpose, but isn't very elegant.

I'd also like to see stronger death penalties:
- Without a lockout timer, Tran Athulua (and other "challenges") are more of a time sink than a challenge.
- Same for act bosses too, though that might not be possible for Diablo since he's out in the open so he should at least recover a significant amount of health when you die. I think I read that they currently recover 5%, but that's basically nothing with how easy they are. It should be 25% or more for an actual deterrent against just death rushing them.
- Or if possible, give the player a cumulative debuff for each death which is only cleared by save and exit.

For Character Building:

Why bother increasing the max level to 150 when you're leaving levels 50-90 mostly empty? Just cut out those levels to reduce the time wasting and numerical bloat. Something like this:
- Normal - Up to Level 30 - Set up the core skills of your build. Being underlevelled as you push through should mean you just miss out on important skills so things are notably harder.
- Nightmare - Up to Level 50 - Unlock Reward skills. Choosing 2/5 would be much more interesting than 1/3 with everyone getting the same other 2 for their class which might or might not be useful for their build.
- Hell - Up to Level 65 - Unlock masteries and tree dedication skills (i.e. must have spent 50 points in this tree, maybe reduce to 35 or 40).
- Then all the hardest content is just about getting charms. Character building is less interesting at this point but the gameplay is fun because of the challenge. It would be cool if you actually had to choose between some charms such as only being able to use one elemental sunstone from Tran Athulua so you actually do have to still make occasional build choices rather than farming until you get a good enough copy of each one.

The very early levelling experience also needs some love, even if only by rearranging certain skills that are useless until later on. For example:
- Assassin - Blink - there's nothing to blink over in Act 1 and nothing worth stunning for a long time. Swap it with Queen of Blades (level 25) which is a cool iconic skill for the class.
- Paladin - Elemental Wisdom is hella useless at that level. Put Spark of Hope first.
- Paladin - Veneration of Justice and Ward of Fate have a uselessly short duration without the upgrade in the Nephalem tree, so just put them in that tree.
- Paladin - The cooldown on Divine Judgement is too easy to remove. I barely had any reason to use it instead of Retaliate before the cooldown was gone. I still don't understand why you would intentionally make it bad to level your primary attack skill, but surely if the build needs something to sink 5 points into it could at least feel worthwhile like upgrading the number of hits that rain down or the area or something.
- Barbarian - None of the Whirlwind upgrades are meaningful in the early game and the skill isn't very effective without the AoE from Gale Force. Put Gale Force earlier so it's actually worth playing with the skill you're building for early on.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
SilentSin wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Why shouldnt it be a race to hell?

Because by "race to hell" he actually means "waste of time".

So you are saying that he is suggesting to make the game even more difficult so we waste even more time?
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
SilentSin wrote:Because by "race to hell" he actually means "waste of time". Why shouldn't the game waste our time? Because that's not fun.

It is far more fun, than grinding a trophies / trying to get good sleep charm from witch... You can test your skills, have lot's of respecs.
SilentSin
Cultist
23 | 3
Istaryu wrote:
SilentSin wrote:

So you are saying that he is suggesting to make the game even more difficult so we waste even more time?

So you are saying that you didn't read my post?

SilentSin wrote:Yeah, all the new content is there, so ... stop putting all the new content there?

SilentSin wrote:The only interesting thing that happens during Nightmare is the early visit to Tran Athulua so a simple solution would be to put at least one similar challenge in each act.

SilentSin wrote:The very early levelling experience also needs some love, even if only by rearranging certain skills that are useless until later on.

Etc. Nightmare doesn't need to be particularly hard, but it should be different from what we just ran through in Normal. Put some uberlevels there and clean up the character progression a bit.

- Normal - Introduce Median XL and your character build. Here the mod is vanilla with different skills.
- Nightmare - Some easier uberlevels. Here the mod shows off some new interesting environments/bosses/etc. that can be achieved within the Diablo 2 engine.
- Hell - The actual challenges. Because that's what most people who are still playing are probably looking for.

Put enjoyable content early on instead of relying on the player's hope that the game will be more fun later on. Most other people that I've introduced to this mod have found it interesting but quit during Nightmare because the potential for more fun later on isn't worth the boring repetition of everything they just did in Normal, so they go play something else.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
SilentSin wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
SilentSin wrote:

So you are saying that you didn't read my post?

SilentSin wrote:Yeah, all the new content is there, so ... stop putting all the new content there?

SilentSin wrote:The only interesting thing that happens during Nightmare is the early visit to Tran Athulua so a simple solution would be to put at least one similar challenge in each act.

SilentSin wrote:The very early levelling experience also needs some love, even if only by rearranging certain skills that are useless until later on.

Etc. Nightmare doesn't need to be particularly hard, but it should be different from what we just ran through in Normal. Put some uberlevels there and clean up the character progression a bit.

- Normal - Introduce Median XL and your character build. Here the mod is vanilla with different skills.
- Nightmare - Some easier uberlevels. Here the mod shows off some new interesting environments/bosses/etc. that can be achieved within the Diablo 2 engine.
- Hell - The actual challenges. Because that's what most people who are still playing are probably looking for.

Put enjoyable content early on instead of relying on the player's hope that the game will be more fun later on. Most other people that I've introduced to this mod have found it interesting but quit during Nightmare because the potential for more fun later on isn't worth the boring repetition of everything they just did in Normal, so they go play something else.

Just so you know, there were talks about devs wanting to remove nightmare, or maybe even 2 difficulties back a few years ago. Maybe they are working on it for a future big patch, who knows.
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Celestial Wind effigy doesn't work with honrific boots :(
It is turned out that it doesn't work after you use marble umo on it. Seems developers did it intentionally.
JessDiablo
Fallen
1 | 0
Hey, the TCP stash bug started happening to me and my partner last night, but I had a backup from immediately before the issue so I was able to test it thoroughly. Some potentially useful conclusions from my testing:

• The issue only affects the client joining the host's game. Host's stash remains unaffected. I tested this in both directions (with one computer/character as host, then the other), and each time the only person affected was the one joining.
  • The stash seems to get wiped out immediately when the client joins the host, before they do anything. If they save and exit without moving or interacting with anything, their stash will still be wiped out.
  • Any new items that the client puts in their stash while in the host's game will be saved successfully (but of course will be cleared if they rejoin the game).
  • The physical stash file on the clients computer is unaffected until the client saves and exits the hosts game.
  • Both shared and personal stashes are affected.
  • Firewall doesn't seem to matter. I temporarily disabled the firewall on both devices and restarted, and then tried testing and got the same results.
  • Game state doesn't seem to matter. I completely removed and reinstalled Diablo 2 and Median XL on both computers, deleted the save folders and used new characters, and continued to experience the issue.
  • The only thing that changed between last night when we were fine and today when this started happening is that I installed a few Dell updates from the last few months on one of the computers (a Dell Inspiron 15 7577 laptop with Windows 10 installed).

I hope that this is helpful in narrowing down where the issue is. I otherwise dig this mod, and for now I'll just establish a convention where we keep everything in the hosts stash.
Nheleo
Lava Lord
97 | 12
this skill didn't rework, primary target still get hit once per cast :(
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Nheleo wrote:this skill didn't rework, primary target still get hit once per cast :(

Tell me the name of your TSW character or private message me your single player save so I can test. Not finding any bugs at the moment.