Differences between single and multi

Discuss Median XL!
Theyniel
Dark Huntress
10 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Siosilvar - I really don't want to be sarcastic, but do you really think that x days after new season start I've opened this topic out of the blue, after reading patch notes? Of course I tested drop rates in 2.2, and I did play in 2.1. From what I see people who don't play SP, like you, come here and leave their opinion on how it was right to lower drop rates even though they don't play SP so they have no comparison and no experience in playing on SP, which IS different than MP. Think about it before you respond, to avoid another wrong, colorful assumption.

Reeses - unfortunately you're totally wrong about devs' time. Adding new items doesn't mean you have to manually set drop rate for this item on each mob/zone. It's a global setting per item, and modifying global rate is another single modification. Having 2 separate drop rates on SP and MP = no additional work at all. But do you know generates work for dev? Changing drop rate on SP to make it same as on MP. So the change, which is unwanted for SP players was an extra, unwanted work.
About Path of Exile...dude, have you played this game? Are you aware that it doesn't have single? There are leagues and standard mode, on both you have multi, on both you have access to trade = unlimited access to any available item. This argument makes sense when it comes to goblins = they are seasonal theme thing and should be put to normal (SP in median) with delay - fully agree with you. Five seasons, or how many already passed since they appeared on MP is enough in your opinion?
Also, just to make you aware - "higher" drop rate, like it used to be on SP didn't mean that you can get ANY item you want. It meant, that still having fun, instead of farming 100 times same zone (it sounds like full-time job to me, not entertainment btw) you had chance to drop not bad items. If you want to have "ANY" item you can just cheat and have it, but I'm not gonna discuss that part. It's not the way I play, it doesn't bring me joy to cheat and pretend. Just like it was mentioned before, cheaters always were and always will be present, so lets just forget about them and let them rot in the corner of their basement.
And your last argument, as a guy who doesn't play on SP you are trying to tell me that I should demand more from myself and treat it as challenge? Dude, I really try to make my views in cultural way and take you seriously, like an adult that you probably are. But at this very moment I'm speechless, [redacted]. If you can't come up with an answer, or argument why this point was dumb by yourself read posts of people who play SP and are against drop rate change and just try - for a moment - imagine that you're one of these people and then read what you just said.

Somnus - from what I see in this topic you're the first SP player who is fine with these changes in that topic. If that's fine with you - it's cool. But as you can see from this topic you're the only person who plays SP and agree with it. I'm afraid that changes like this one, impacting entire gaming experience should be done democratically - and it seems that most SP player prefer old drop rates. Maybe you're fine with that because you can spend more time for gaming than "statistical" SP player? Working full-time and having some responsibilities unfortunately I don't have enough time to enjoy that kind of game. Anyway I'm surprised that as only person who is fine with it here you wanted so fast to close this topic, even though more voices raised. That's a bit selfish mate.

Let me said it once, clearly. I don't want any benefits, cheats, extra work from devs time. From my experience, backed by experience of most of other SP players who said anything in that topic I believe that this change was just unnecessary, and it brought more harm than good. I just ask for leaving drop rates on SP how they were before, just like in multiple previous seasons. It's a game and it is played to bring joy. It's made for players. Shouldn't then their voice be most important here?

Patch with rollback isn't a bad thing, in games and programming world sometimes it's the only, reasonable move.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Theyniel wrote:Siosilvar - I really don't want to be sarcastic, but do you really think that x days after new season start I've opened this topic out of the blue, after reading patch notes? Of course I tested drop rates in 2.2, and I did play in 2.1. From what I see people who don't play SP, like you, come here and leave their opinion on how it was right to lower drop rates even though they don't play SP so they have no comparison and no experience in playing on SP, which IS different than MP. Think about it before you respond, to avoid another wrong, colorful assumption.

Tell me more about how I don't play SP when I played SP exclusively from XVc to 2.0 (as I said), and have played both SP and TSW since then. :coolstorybob:

If you can't be bothered to read what I write, you're the one who needs to think more before responding.
Theyniel
Dark Huntress
10 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Your post suggested that your knowledge on curent situation comes from "folks" who didnt come here, so i dont really see any mistake on what I wrote. It looks like you used to play SP?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Frytas wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:
Theyniel wrote:Siosilvar - I really don't want to be sarcastic, but do you really think that x days after new season start I've opened this topic out of the blue, after reading patch notes? Of course I tested drop rates in 2.2, and I did play in 2.1. From what I see people who don't play SP, like you, come here and leave their opinion on how it was right to lower drop rates even though they don't play SP so they have no comparison and no experience in playing on SP, which IS different than MP. Think about it before you respond, to avoid another wrong, colorful assumption.

Tell me more about how I don't play SP when I played SP exclusively from XVc to 2.0 (as I said), and have played both SP and TSW since then. :coolstorybob:

If you can't be bothered to read what I write, you're the one who needs to think more before responding.

I played SP since fucking Median 2008, what's your point?

My point is that I'm a primarily SP player, have said as much, and don't really care for folks to assume I'm not simply because I disagree with them about the impact of a small drop rate change coming at the tail end of a lot of tweaks up and down. Cut the condescension.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:
Frytas wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

I played SP since fucking Median 2008, what's your point?

My point is that I'm a primarily SP player, have said as much, and don't really care for folks to assume I'm not simply because I disagree with them about the impact of a small drop rate change coming at the tail end of a lot of tweaks up and down. Cut the condescension.
Fine, I will cut the condescending and be straight with you, then. SP is being fucked with. I don't like it and therefore I'm arguing against it. That's my entire point.
Theyniel
Dark Huntress
10 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Btw, its funny when I see someone says it was a minor change. Maybe irelevant? If so, whats the point of defending this change when they are people who are agsinst it. Lets undo it, in the end it was minor thing, you wont feel changing it back then, right?
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Theyniel wrote:But as you can see from this topic you're the only person who plays SP and agree with it.

Well, ofc nobody wants nerfs, i still believe "SP is fine" and, that means that the people who actually farm 24 7 in SP are the ones who will, lets call it for the sake of it, "cry about the nerfs" and want change for X or Y reason, because they are affected by those changes.

Theyniel wrote:I'm afraid that changes like this one, impacting entire gaming experience should be done democratically - and it seems that most SP player prefer old drop rates.

Democratically? Does the SP players own part of MXLS or something? This, at the end of the day, is and will be a mod with people behind it. Those people are who make the decisions, and they might or might not listen (which they do) to the communities complaints, but that doesnt mean they have to follow everything people say.

Just taking into account what the voices say, weight pros and cons and do whatever they have to do, for a reason they are the ones developing. And if those "SP" player (or MP, or whoever is outraged about said decisions) are not ok with the directions or actions of the devs, they can leave, nobody's forcing people to play a game they dont enjoy. Ofc this doesnt mean they are trying to "FUCK SP PLAYERS HEHExD111".

Theyniel wrote:Working full-time and having some responsibilities unfortunately I don't have enough time to enjoy that kind of game.

Well, maybe then a game that requires grinding is not really suitable for your schedule (since im not obviously gonna tell you to stop working/having responsabilities, lol, that would be madness!). That doesnt mean the devs have to abide by your needs or anyone elses.

Theyniel wrote:Anyway I'm surprised that as only person who is fine with it here you wanted so fast to close this topic, even though more voices raised. That's a bit selfish mate.

The reason I wanted it closed has nothing to do with the actual topic of this thread, more of going around in circles and getting nowhere. At the end of the day, this will all just talk and getting nowhere.

Siosilvar wrote:Tell me more about how I don't play SP when I played SP exclusively from XVc to 2.0 (as I said), and have played both SP and TSW since then. :coolstorybob:

From what i can read from him, he just slams the keyboard and doesnt even try to read, just assume what the person said. (-:
Edited by Somnus 2 years.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
PaMxl wrote:I can see the argument for having slightly higher drops in SP compared to MP to compensate for trading ability. It sounds very disheartening to label every SP player as a cheater and tell them to download item packs anyway. One can always argue that the same can be done on MP using TG obtained via donations. Also, one can feel that SP experience has been continuously nerfed by removing shared stash (however it is in development), /players 8, and then drop rates, and perhaps a few more things. I would prefer to have a perspective of playing SP or MP based on how I want to play the game rather than being stirred to play MP or shamed for playing SP. I’d like to emphasise I’m saying this from a perspective of an on-line player.

I think my comments about item packs may have come off the wrong way. I've said them in the context that trading doesn't exist in SP and that's a given in the name "Single Player". Just like you don't expect to be compensated in multiplayer for putting up with lag/desync/disconnects/lack of plugy. And I've seen many people thrive as SSF under these conditions. I don't think this is true for everyone though which is why there was a compromise to increase MP drops and meet halfway. But also keep in mind that SP is "timeless" and while there is no trading, there is also no 3-month window for your character. I think we should be allowed to change our ideas and not be locked to an idea when things were different (i.e. less balance around SSF).

I've got no issues with anyone that plays SP and do not believe they are all "cheaters". And for those who are, or duping, that's fine - you do you, if that's how you get the most out of the game and you're not trying to spoil it for someone else. And shared stash works in SP as far as I can tell.

PaMxl wrote:I would love to see the dev team engaging in constructive dialog with the community to find a suitable solution. The work that has been done on the mod is beyond comprehension, especially that one can essentially play it for free (*need a legal copy of D2 and expansion). However, the response to a valid point raised by the OP feels far from adequate.

I'm sure there's a lot of good intent, I should probably have been more emphatic about the goblin changes and not gotten carried into provocative messages. I think adding goblins to SP strikes a good balance and is consistent with our views that SSF MP and SP should be equal drop-wise. While SSF is a self-imposed rule, and people online can still engage to trade, people playing SP on the contrary have the advantage of not being restricted to a 3-month playing period, in which they can both use old stuff and have current carry over to next patch.

We will see if further changes besides goblins are needed. For now I'm closing the topic to prevent escalating unnecessary fights. Let's keep it cool.
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Keep the comments civil.