aussietodd
Dark Huntress
14 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hello everyone / devs

Long time median lover, not much of a forum poster.

Below I have outlined some suggestions I think need some attention in 2.3

1. More endgame runewords

For multiple classes/builds allowing for more late game growth. Also keeping the high rune demand high.
Currently IAH ,YHAM ,XOD runes only effect 4 runewords in the game, multiple runewords should be added to each class, which will require these runes to make the runeword. Demand will stay high, build versatility will stay high. (for example a malice runeword armour that will give malice synergy) etc.
There are builds that have huge holes in them and an SU is BiS for the entire game, this should not be the case and I think that adding endgame runewords for multiple classes/builds will help the builds that really need a bump in power.

2. Rebalance of The Sleep Awakening buffs to be equally beneficial caster/melee/support/defence.

Currently The Sleep + Triune trophy is clearly a HUGE power boost for many builds, but there are many builds in the game that suffer from The Sleep awakened doing only a minimal buff (astrogha 1+all skills) (TA Trophy) Etc....
I feel as though awakening the sleep for casters should give the same power increase feeling as the triune does for melee or AA% builds. (15% SD from Yshari sanctum) too weak.

3. UBER Scosglen / Fautz

I feel there should be a way to spawn UBER maps of farming zones, using difficult to obtain items (maybe something to do with emblems, to keep the emblem price/market in high demand). UBER maps have a slightly increased magic find% and DOUBLE monster spawns for the ultimate screen mash.

4. Minor Rebalance of Bowazon and other unplayed builds.

Adjust and buff these classes, then the additional needed power buffs could come in the form of the additional endgame runewords as stated in point #1.
Most builds aren't actually that bad, until 120+ when the weaker builds in the game seem to start to fall off, this is where the minor buffs come into play, then the endgame runewords give the power boost to enable more builds to be endgame viable.

5. Large Cycle Rework

I feel that Large cycles from a stat perspective are in a good way (str/dex/vit/ene) , But i feel +class skill cycles +18lvl requirement is too harsh a penalty.
Maybe decrease this penalty to +15 lvl requirement to allow for +3 class skills at 145 wormhole.

I will add more points and edit/bump this post as more people add constructive feedback to the devs.
Thank you in advance for reading and looking foreword to 2.3

And Lastly a HUGE thank you to the devs for keeping our Median alive.
PeterHatEater
Bone Archer
75 | 18
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Also love this game. Most of the content is fun, challenging, rewarding and allows for some creativity - how a well balanced game should be.

My 2 cents on what could be improved:

1. More runeword diversity would be great. I feel like elemental builds just end up running Svaalin and Hellfire Plate. Usually Dawn too. Runewords are fairly underwhelming for physical. Maybe remove some power from stacking UMOs on honorifics in favour of runewords. Not sure how that would look though. On that point, I think UMOs should be more accessible for midgame players. Not locked behind Scos box grinding and Phoboss.

2. The Triune trophy on The Sleep is absurdly good compared to the other trophies.
Some suggestions:
- Maybe both trophies on Awakened Sleep should be different
- Buff some of the other trophy bonuses
- Nerf Triune trophy bonus
- Give diminishing returns for 2 of the same trophy on The Sleep

4. Certainly some builds could be brought up. Doesn't have to be to Javazon level, but enough so they can lab with the right gear.
PitStains
Balrog
122 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aussietodd wrote:1. More endgame runewords
3. UBER Scosglen / Fautz

I support 1 for sure.

And number 3:
I don't think these theoretical UBERS should be "hard" to get into. Just make an UBER Dunc, UBER Cows, (etc) that are more difficult than the regular versions, and make the area/monster level ~135ish. Just give us somewhere else to farm that's not Labs/Scos... please.
berry117
Dark Wanderer
798 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aussietodd wrote:
4. Minor Rebalance of Bowazon and other unplayed builds.

Adjust and buff these classes, then the additional needed power buffs could come in the form of the additional endgame runewords as stated in point #1.
Most builds aren't actually that bad, until 120+ when the weaker builds in the game seem to start to fall off, this is where the minor buffs come into play, then the endgame runewords give the power boost to enable more builds to be endgame viable.

Bowzon is fine, people just want instant gratification and don't want to put in the required work to make bowzone great.

Also yeah admin please mess up triune sleep, as if physical builds haven't already been massacred.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
more possibilities for "unusual" builds and this more or less from the beginning and not only in endgame

and in general: for me the game starts with lvl 0 and not at 120 or 130 etc.
aussietodd
Dark Huntress
14 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
berry117 wrote:
aussietodd wrote:
Also yeah admin please mess up triune sleep, as if physical builds haven't already been massacred.

Nowhere in the post said to mess with triune sleep.

The intent behind an awakening rework is to bring up the strength and usability of other awakening buffs.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dragon Claw bonus for Sorc helps only Caster builds
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Also want to suggest decrease max elemental resistance from 75% to 50%. Like you already decreased block chance. Because scaling from 75 to 90 negates too much dmg. For example, assur can obliterate you with 75% res, but just add some pgems to get 90% and he will scratch your back.
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
felix0808 wrote:Also want to suggest decrease max elemental resistance from 75% to 50%. Like you already decreased block chance. Because scaling from 75 to 90 negates too much dmg. For example, assur can obliterate you with 75% res, but just add some pgems to get 90% and he will scratch your back.

Assur is a spacial case because he has fire pierce, so what worked here isn't only a bigger maximum, but also overstacked res. Try the fight with Ral runes instead of bloodstones, it should help well too.
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
yep, i know, but anyway 90% res absorbs too much dmg. Let's imagine the char have 10k hp with 50% phys and 90% elemental res. He can tank 20k phys dmg, and incredible 100k elemental dmg.