Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
felix0808 wrote:yep, i know, but anyway 90% res absorbs too much dmg. Let's imagine the char have 10k hp with 50% phys and 90% elemental res. He can tank 20k phys dmg, and incredible 100k elemental dmg.

It's pointless to change that cap, since the end-game enemies are already tuned to deal enough damage to kill you with one or several hits. Changing the cap only means you need to re-tune the end-game again. Besides, 10k damage per hit is a lot when characters can mostly reach 15-20k hp.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Marrt wrote:
felix0808 wrote:yep, i know, but anyway 90% res absorbs too much dmg. Let's imagine the char have 10k hp with 50% phys and 90% elemental res. He can tank 20k phys dmg, and incredible 100k elemental dmg.

It's pointless to change that cap, since the end-game enemies are already tuned to deal enough damage to kill you with one or several hits. Changing the cap only means you need to re-tune the end-game again. Besides, 10k damage per hit is a lot when characters can mostly reach 15-20k hp.

Yeah, the only thing you achieve by reducing ele res cap (and enemy elemental damage to compensate) is making the range of max res available more granular.

Consider that going from 75% to 90% max res is a 150% effective HP increase. If ele res starts at 50%, it's more like 43% eHP for +15 max res - but you also just have room to change the res cap to, say, 80% and just double the max res on items, and achieve the exact same balance as we have now. The only difference is what the numbers look like.

And if the balance is the same, well, the base 75 max res cap is traditional in the genre so it's probably better not to confuse folks without a good balance reason like there was for block, because shield vs. no shield is an actual choice, while you can't choose to go without ele res.
Gorghor
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Make it actually fun to gear up after tus, and reward obtaining that gear with strong increases to player power. Yes it's power creep but this mod has become so stale and it wasn't in a great spot when tsw was released to begin with.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
nobrainnopain wrote:more possibilities for "unusual" builds and this more or less from the beginning and not only in endgame

and in general: for me the game starts with lvl 0 and not at 120 or 130 etc.

Yep. Agree.

I was disappointed to see the re-work of oskills keeping them for high level characters only. Most people will give up before they get to those, if they're even aware of what they are and how to get them.

My suggestion a while ago was to make them either MOs or socketables, possibly available from vendors. The idea is not to make it something you get when you've worked your nuts off to get there and there's almost nothing left to do in the game, the idea is to have another build to play. Or lots of other builds to play. People seem to enjoy that.

Maybe at end game you can hunt down some super MOs that buff your oskills a lot and add +0 levels to gear. Or something like that.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:more possibilities for "unusual" builds and this more or less from the beginning and not only in endgame

and in general: for me the game starts with lvl 0 and not at 120 or 130 etc.

Yep. Agree.

I was disappointed to see the re-work of oskills keeping them for high level characters only. Most people will give up before they get to those, if they're even aware of what they are and how to get them.

True. Most oskills now are designed just for high level characters or late game only, which Im really not into. Ofc we can see why they become like that: Devs suppose if most oskills are good even in early game, they are afraid it may lead to OP oskill builds in mid and late game, which will be out of balance.

And so the situation now becomes:

Early/Mid game: Very few oskills are left to be good to use. Most of them are bad when chars are not very well or specially geared for this oskill in early/mid game.

Late game: Finally, they are good when u are properly and specially geared. But that often costs u more work/tg than building a normal build. And it may turns out to be not better than or just as good as a regular late game build. So why ppl would build these oskills in late game if most of them require more work than normal builds and the same time quite likely cant outperform normal ones much?

I suppose there can be more oskills only good for early game. As for the ones designed for late game, buff them a bit or lower the requirement. If one pays more work to build an Oskill build in late game, it is supposed to outperform most normal late game builds, not just as good as or even worse than most normal late game builds.
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
- Bring Deathgaze back as a Wolf druid skill. I'd rather have that instead the nauseating blink crow attacks.
- Make noctule usable with any weapon like crucify.
- Balancing summoner classes is hard, there is a point that all minions are insta melt which makes the only summon builds worthy playing the ones that rely on summons dying to trigger a ctc on death.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Character sheet from Reign of Shadow v0.91.
Shows everything you need, is very tidy and clean.

More useful stamina. Sure it can be limited but make it actually useful for gtfo'ing from danger.
Like, increase your movement speed by 300%, not by 20%.
To reduce impact of stamina shrine you can significantly reduce its duration.
Both can be done via editing charstats.txt and shrines.txt. These are simple edits - just alter run speed of characters and stam shrine duration.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:I suppose there can be more oskills only good for early game. As for the ones designed for late game, buff them a bit or lower the requirement. If one pays more work to build an Oskill build in late game, it is supposed to outperform most normal late game builds, not just as good as or even worse than most normal late game builds.

Well, I didn't mean to suggest some oskills that are ONLY good for early game, but that oskills can be played from early on all the way through to end game. This makes them accessible to all and viable all the way through.

One of the successes of WoW is in the fact that you get skills early and learn to use them. Even though WoW overwhelms you later with (imo) far too many skills, the model of learning to play your character bit by bit meant that even my other half learned the game and enjoyed it.

Changing to a completely new build is not easy. Knowing when to change is hard, with the fear that your character could be completely trashed if you guess wrong. That's probably why I've never done that in this game - it's just not fun for me, I like to build things I'm going to keep.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:Well, I didn't mean to suggest some oskills that are ONLY good for early game, but that oskills can be played from early on all the way through to end game. This makes them accessible to all and viable all the way through.

Ofc oskills through all are surely welcome, it is the best. But according to the fact that the current oskills are not that good, that may be a problem for devs. Similar to the relic problem, if one is good, stacking may be OP. Thats why they limited relics to 3 and buff them a bit in 2.2.

If devs cant just make perfect oskills playable all the way through, then the second solution I suppose is just making them early-game ones and end-game ones, that would be easier for devs than just designing all-stage ones. And early-game gear wont cost u much work/tg, so the changing wont be that painful.

And again, yeah, the all-stage oskills are best, but it seems to be hard for devs (though I dont really think it is that hard). Thats why I suggest if no all-stage ones, then just early ones and late ones, at least better than 'no/few early ones, most late ones suck or not worth the work/tg'.
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Shared stash, bounties. The improvements that the mxl engine alone provides I think are the most important. Figuring out how that will shape the core game and then refactor/rebuild based on that.