Set Issue

Discuss Median XL!
Lowserwer
Cultist
22 | 1
Hi everyone!

For a long time I, personally, was suffering from some set being unused or underused. This is my 5 cents on that matter. Feel free to write what you think.

Green - add, Red - remove/rework

Russian/English version in google docs

Amazon

Bow set: the only real thing here is to get an additional 5% on proc for time strike (will be 10%) (will improve dmg overall a bit, will be better for merc and as mid-game set)

Spear set: STR on set doesn’t make sense. Either remove it completely or change for +dex and an additional -25% req will be great on each piece of equipment except the weapon. For full set up dmg to 100-150 flat. (This will remove useless STR and will make this set more viable for phys based midgame, although the main skill for that “midgame” will be useless in most cases, due to it being clunky as hell)

Storm set: really, idk, if anyone knows how to make this piece of trash work - lmk.

Assassin

Nagi set: Remove useless -30% poison pierce and Hyena strike, improve overall phys dmg to 100-250, and add either -30% to all enemy res which works greatly with passives or max res (1-2).

Trap set: for full set you now get the orange text “30% of BASE energy now added as % to trap dmg” that will provide trap build with much-needed dmg in return for losing a ton of hp.

Throw set: Orange text “Throw additional projectile with each skill" which improves overall dmg".

Barbarian

Throw set: idk what we can do with it without rework of build itself.

Shaman set: We don't really need EWD there, switch for 30% all res for utility. Make +2 barb minions (this one might be too powerful, and needs testing)

Earthshaker set: 200 to all stats for full set, which improves slightly everything, overall set is great, but underused due to build being 2h oriented. Maybe 2h weapon variant should be added to that set.

Druid

Seer set: Gloves and Boots -40% req, Weapon - 150 Energy, Remove 50% poison spell dmg which is useless and add 150 LAEK, which is needed to sustain at least something OR change heal skill in that build to not eat all the corpses.

Owl set: sustain is a problem here, make 10 hp on strike IN TOTAL on the set.

Bear set: totally okay on dmg part, maybe 10% avoid to improve overall survivability.

Hunter set: add 10% phys res on the set, improve dmg for full set to 100-150 flat.

Necromancer

Malice set: rework of malice build itself, his dmg is just bad after lvl 125. Set itself needs fixing by adding -50% req on body armor and removing useless 100 STR and giving either 5 or 10% phys res.

Crossbow set: remove -30% poison pierce. Add either some Hit recover or -30% fire pierce. Also, remove -req on items, it's str build.

Melee set: change 10 crushing blow into 10 deadly strike, remove -20% req on body armor and add 5% phys res on it. In addition it might be good to remove 6% max life on set and change it into 10% phys res.

Lazarus set: currently it is getting underused due to being hard to find and actual summoner set is better in a lot of situations this is why: -20% req on body armor and belt, remove useless pierce from weapon and add 200 flat hp, remove useless life steal and spell dmg and add another 200 flat hp and 5 phys res instead.

Paladin

Neutral set: might be good to remove 1000 flat hp and in return add +2 max res to make it more versatile in the late/mid game. Body armor should roll 1-10 phys res instead of 5-10%.

Warlock set: remove all phys/mag, give lightning dmg instead. Add "+1 mind flay beam when near slayer" for full set.

Ritualist set: remove max mana, add 100 flat vita for full set instead. Remove -req from items. If it's possible - make an additional shield and 1h weapon as variants for this set.

Dragon set: Remove 20% gold find and add 10% spell dmg.

Sorceress

Cold set: BRING BACK IBN

Fire set: remove 100 STR from body armor and give 10% pierce instead.

Melee set: remove Spirit dance, add Blade storm (lvl 10), remove Ward of Fate, remove Crushing Blow (and flat def if needed) and add 1000 flat life for full set.

Arcane set: overall good, some additional survivability might be needed: add 500 flat hp for full set.

Ape set - make iLVL 115, add special bonus for 4 items: 500 flat hp.
Edyrem set - delete.
Legendary set - add 150 LOMA for the full set.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I only know of two builds so I'll only talk about thoses

Nagi set: Remove useless -30% poison pierce and Hyena strike, improve overall phys dmg to 100-250, and add either -30% to all enemy res which works greatly with passives or max res (1-2).

The poison pierce isn't useless. 30 isn't a lot, but full set + poison is what I did this early season, it works just finehttps://youtu.be/fs6BQs1asxg?list=P ... LkvP&t=469. And of course, the set is way strong enough to just play phy, improving the flat damage is going way too far. Going for rainbow pierce isn't needed either because elemental builds are already covered by Zular Khan tempest, Black ice, and Storm Blade. The set being phy + poison is suited. The max res isn't needed.

Hyena strike sure is useless now that it gives no regen, this one need work as a skill. But that's it, the set is good.

Malice set: rework of malice build itself, his dmg is just bad after lvl 125. Set itself needs fixing by adding -50% req on body armor and removing useless 100 STR and giving either 5 or 10% phys res.

What? Malice is just fine... Though it need good gear to do scosglen & co, I'd never say it's bad. But it's true that Pestilence and Vanish are useless skills. The rest of the tree is functional without them, and Malice don't have the point for more skills anyway, but they are. So the set, being the only Malice gear that try to scale both pm sd and poison stats, is clunky. In the end, the wand and helm are very good to use, and the armor and shield are both 100% useless.
I personally don't mind using it as a 2 pieces set so I have no good insight on how to improve it however.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Lowserwer wrote:Assassin
Throw set: Orange text “Throw additional projectile with each skill" which improves overall dmg".

The issue with throw set is that there are multiple builds in the tree and the set. Poison throw with scorpion blade, full phys for storm crows, and dex stacking with maelstrom (which completely ignores weapon damage). The set is currently unusable for all of them as it is trying to add a little bit of stat to all of them, so the only solution i see for it is to separate sets for the different builds.

Lowserwer wrote:Barbarian

Throw set: idk what we can do with it without rework of build itself.

What is the problem with the build, and the set? The build is decent, but unpopular. And the set is amazing, it allows you to stack dex for block and has decent damage, and nice max res, plus the blast wave proc is amazing for farming. I personally think that the magic dmg glad dominance adds could use some buff because its quite underwhelming, but overall, its not bad.
Edited by Istaryu 1 year.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Lowserwer wrote:Sorceress
Melee set: remove Spirit dance, add Blade storm (lvl 10), remove Ward of Fate, remove Crushing Blow (and flat def if needed) and add 1000 flat life for full set.

None of this is what melee sorc needs. Agreed that Ward of Fate is useless, but I don't really see why you'd want to add Bladestorm skill levels when the set is already solid damage without, and 1k life would make the set way too strong while also treading on Dervish's toes.

This set is already decent but what it needs is a decent shield. 1% base block is good, the block speed combined with the block speed from the rest of the set does get you to the last breakpoint, all of the other stats on it are pointless.

If Spiral Dance were replaced with a skill that was actually relevant to clearspeed in modern Median like Whirlpool and the set's orange text and proc were replaced with something like 5% ctc Miasma, I think the set would become really good.
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Lowserwer wrote:Hi everyone!...

I also write about set that i tested. I don't understand what you mean by the words "Throw additional projectile with each skill". Additianal projectile of what? and what skill do you mean?

But overall the set is pretty good. It gives you a lot of dex (300 flat + 30%) and performs comparable to some not expensive SU. I don't understand some things. Why shield doesn't have -req, while other pieces have it. 550 str is a lot. What the point of +200 str from complete set, if you already wear the huge 550 str shield? Ofc you can MO it to 440, but still why you need this huge 200 str bonus?

And another thing "2% Chance to cast level 42 Scorpion Blade on Striking" - 2% is really too low. It is definitely not a set for scorpio blade... So you probably will have QueenOfBlades1 or so, and have 1-2 knifes, without energy / spellFactor / poisonSpellDmg / duration... amplifiers. So you will rarely see one scorpio projectile which doesn't deal immense dmg. And the mob probably will die one second later :D. I think if increase this chance to 10% it at least sometimes will help you, but not much. Or just replace it to poison dmg to weapon, so it will be an item poison source?

Istaryu wrote:The issue with throw set is that there are multiple builds in the tree and the set. Poison throw with scorpion blade, full phys for storm crows, and dex stacking with maelstrom (which completely ignores weapon damage). The set is currently unusable for all of them as it is trying to add a little bit of stat to all of them, so the only solution i see for it is to separate sets for the different builds.

The set is usable for stormCrows and maelstorm. For SCrows the dmg of knife itself comparable to all SU/SSU knifes. For maelstorm, as i know, it doesn't ignores weapon dmg, it converts its to magic, so it uses high dmg from knife and other ed/ewd bonuses. The set also gives you quite a big chunk of dex as i said above.