Discuss Median XL!
kris441
Gravedigger
194 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So I just want to start a new topic. There are no updates to the old guide version 1.0.
Is the build still viable, and what would be the skill tree? What stance to use and what skill to choose?
Thank you in advance for all tips to this build
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I tried one but at lvl 120 it gets hard .... i tried mostly wolf stance and in some situations 1pt bear
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Same here ... I tried one last season and I didn't find the build scaled well into the late game. If you're looking for a summoner, necro was actually quite fun and strong enough to progress into the endgame content.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The last time I played summon barb was in 1.1 version...
He is not the strongest one in all builds in late game in my impression. Necro may be a better choice in late game, as a summoner.
If u choose summon barb, then maybe go Skeld sword with Undead Crown or Maleficence blade in late game.

Skeld sword summon barb was once labs viable, for Ive seen vids of it doing labs maybe in 1.4 or 1.5 version, but I never test it myself cause Im not interested in playing late game summoners(Unless devs show some love for median summon builds in future patches). So I dont know if its still labs viable.

Maleficence blade summon barb maybe the fastest Dunc/Fauzt farmer. But I dont know if it works well in scos, never test it. And I guess it cant do high labs after t7 or not fast.

As for early/mid game, maybe just follow the old guide. Not much changed, I guess. But Im not sure, since long time no play summon builds except old version summon din for early game and bat assassin which now few ppl still play after the nerf.
CKnightHUE
Invader
9 | 0
The reason summon barb doesn't scale at all in late game is because shamanic trance is bugged and doesn't actually give any damage bonus to summons so they have no real output in hell

screenshots without and with trance active
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
CKnightHUE wrote:The reason summon barb doesn't scale at all in late game is because shamanic trance is bugged and doesn't actually give any damage bonus to summons so they have no real output in hell

You were specifically told by Marco that the shamanic trance damage bonus applies only to barb summons and does not increase your general minion damage stat where it would also apply to oskill summons.

If it's bugged, it's bugged, but that screenshot is just outright misleading.
CKnightHUE
Invader
9 | 0
Siosilvar wrote:
CKnightHUE wrote:The reason summon barb doesn't scale at all in late game is because shamanic trance is bugged and doesn't actually give any damage bonus to summons so they have no real output in hell

You were specifically told by Marco that the shamanic trance damage bonus applies only to barb summons and does not increase your general minion damage stat where it would also apply to oskill summons.

I'm aware that it can look misleading, I made an account specifically to report this. I'm not here to make a meme of it. I can screenshare it through discord if that's what it really takes, I'd be more than happy to. I just want to help get it fixed.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
CKnightHUE wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

I'm aware that it can look misleading, I made an account specifically to report this. I'm not here to make a meme of it. I can screenshare it through discord if that's what it really takes, I'd be more than happy to. I just want to help get it fixed.

Works for me:
CKnightHUE
Invader
9 | 0
Siosilvar wrote:
CKnightHUE wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

Post the correct screenshots and we'll talk, because it works for me:

Ahhhh I see the damage bonus there now on the skill card I was looking in the wrong place for it, stupid of me to not check it in hindsight. I stopped looking in other places after I noticed the life bonus changed but not damage, on top of the fact that it doesn't say it only applies to spirits, I get that there's the flavor text, but I assumed that to be flavor. That's entirely on me for not being thorough enough and I'm sorry about that. I'm not always this dumb I promise <3

Now then, I retract my previous fake news and present to you a new bug! Trance gives its life bonus to all summons, not just barb spirits. Through that could be seen as more of a feature really.

unfortunately buffs don't appear at the bottom while I have the stat sheet open but I made sure to show on my model that the buff is and isn't there
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
CKnightHUE wrote:Ahhhh I see the damage bonus there now on the skill card I was looking in the wrong place for it, stupid of me to not check it in hindsight. I stopped looking in other places after I noticed the life bonus changed but not damage, on top of the fact that it doesn't say it only applies to spirits, I get that there's the flavor text, but I assumed that to be flavor. That's entirely on me for not being thorough enough and I'm sorry about that. I'm not always this dumb I promise <3

Now then, I retract my previous fake news and present to you a new bug! Trance gives its life bonus to all summons, not just barb spirits. Through that could be seen as more of a feature really.

[screenshots removed for space]

unfortunately buffs don't appear at the bottom while I have the stat sheet open but I made sure to show on my model that the buff is and isn't there

There we go :P

Looking back in time, it looks like Shamanic Trance was generic minion life & damage increase at one point, but the damage boost was changed specifically so it didn't interact with
Undead Crown
Undead Crown
Crown (Sacred)

Defense: 4437 to 4914
Required Level: 110
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 120
12% of Minion Damage Increases Added as Deadly Strike
40% of Minion Life Increases Added as Bonus to Defense
Deal No Crushing Blows
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
50% Attack Speed
+200% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (4)
in 1.0.3 and the life bonus was never changed.

I'll put it on the list.