Two people on one connection?

Discuss Median XL!
LuckyZigZag
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Can I play with two people on one connection? Is there a way to whitelist? Tried looking around first, couldnt find an answer.
lmk
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
If you're playing in the same game, then go back to town at the same time and don't go out alone - you might get automatically warned for multilogging if one of you gets XP while the other is in town. Otherwise, it's all good.
LuckyZigZag
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Siosilvar wrote:If you're playing in the same game, then go back to town at the same time and don't go out alone - you might get automatically warned for multilogging if one of you gets XP while the other is in town. Otherwise, it's all good.

Thank you very much for the reply. May RNGesus bless you.
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Siosilvar wrote:If you're playing in the same game, then go back to town at the same time and don't go out alone - you might get automatically warned for multilogging if one of you gets XP while the other is in town. Otherwise, it's all good.

While the XP mechanics rewoks with patch 2.2, I think this is out to date.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
blatkill wrote:

While the XP mechanics rewoks with patch 2.2, I think this is out to date.

XP is not the only thing player count affects. I mention it because that's something that the system checks for.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It's a real shame people can't play on their own computers as they see fit. If I want to rush a char for someone in the same house, how is it any different to doing that for a friend in a different house?

Or even if I want to do it for my own chars, so what? Now that xp is the same, there's no real advantage, just convenience - that's even assuming anyone cares about ladder position (which is probably about 10 people in the whole community).
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:It's a real shame people can't play on their own computers as they see fit. If I want to rush a char for someone in the same house, how is it any different to doing that for a friend in a different house?

Or even if I want to do it for my own chars, so what? Now that xp is the same, there's no real advantage, just convenience - that's even assuming anyone cares about ladder position (which is probably about 10 people in the whole community).

There's no problem of people in the same house playing in the same game, as long as both characters are playing. That's already said in the topic.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marrt wrote:
Captcha wrote:It's a real shame people can't play on their own computers as they see fit. If I want to rush a char for someone in the same house, how is it any different to doing that for a friend in a different house?

There's no problem of people in the same house playing in the same game, as long as both characters are playing. That's already said in the topic.

That's completely obvious - and nothing whatsoever to do with what I wrote.

Suggest you re-read - especially this: "... if I want to do it for [rush] my own chars, so what?"
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
My experience doing this a few seasons ago was so bad that I quit the season 2 weeks in and moved to TCP/IP (Lan game).

The rules require you to be in the exact same areas at all times or else you can get pinged for multilogging. If one of you needs to go to the bathroom, or get a drink, the other must stop playing or leave the game; it's patently absurd. If it is allowed to play on a VPN and you particularly want to play online, I would suggest it, but i'm not 100% sure if it is allowed. I'd strongly encourage you to ask admins before doing it rather than risk a heavy handed response. Imo, the game is unplayable as 2 people on the same network on TSW without one and you'd have a better time playing D2MR, POE or any other similar game together with none of the risk.

If VPN is not allowed, or you don't have access to one, or CBF, I would strongly encourage playing on TCP/IP (Now known as Lan game) where you will be insulated from unnecessary and meaningless negative experiences associated with a set of outdated and redundant rules that achieve nothing they were designed to achieve; these negative experiences range from short 24 hour bans from playing to losing your whole account and receiving a permanent ban with no guarantee for recourse just for playing the game exactly as you would any other game and exactly as everyone else on the server plays.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Clearly this is a topic they don't want to discuss since in the other post asking about it, someone decided to first of all remove my post, then when I asked about it, the thread was locked with the rather strange "explanation" that my question on multilog wasn't relevant to... a thread asking about multilog. And had something phrased in a vaguely insulting but equally incomprehensible manner about needing to understand "nodrop". Yeah, right.

It's a pretty poor show when moderators just delete people's posts. It's also pretty poor when they cannot justify their design decisions, particularly when they affect people's game play to the extent that multilog prevention does. And especially when they've removed the bonus xp from multiplayer games and already limited multilog to 2 sessions. So where's the harm now? No comprehensible reason has ever been given.

I dare say they'll do the same to this post - delete it, lock it, whatever. They may even ban this account. I really don't care, I won't be here to see it - I've played this mod too much anyway and it's becomes stale - everything is on rails now, no freedom to experiment like you could with old-style MOs, no sandbox endgame. So it's probably time for me to quit - and actually, imho probably time for the devs to quit too, they've had a good innings but they ran out of worthwhile ideas.

Thanks for the game and bye.