LEGION OF THE DAMNED thread

Discuss Median XL!
chineseexalter
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hello, kinda new to the median XL sigma (played way before)
I played on HC and ripped my 2 characters to 3rd phase of this quest [overall fps on ths quest was very low, but monsters attacked with the fps drops too. As soon as i killed few monsters, the game looked like it unfroze and game ran with 2000 fps with monsters walking like 20 times faster and i instantly died. Even after my death monsters continued to walk like on steroids and after 30? seconds game finally unfroze]
Is there any way to rework this quest completely? Every phase on that uber is a hardware PC check, either make more waves with less effects happening to prevent such things
Before people write "get better". I tested my build on single and never died there with even worse build on myself
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Gotta do this Uber without sound on or it will lag
chineseexalter
Skeleton
3 | 0
@fr0gbug And what is the next step from very good advice you gave? PC restart is going to help with this uber? Or maybe cleaning my browser history later?
I play without sound all the time
Is changing texture-memory or buffer texture size going to affect it on Multiplayer? (for example more values to prevent those drops) or it's better to change glide into d2d with borderless
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
chineseexalter wrote:@fr0gbug And what is the next step from very good advice you gave? PC restart is going to help with this uber? Or maybe cleaning my browser history later?
I play without sound all the time
Is changing texture-memory or buffer texture size going to affect it on Multiplayer? (for example more values to prevent those drops) or it's better to change glide into d2d with borderless

No sound as in -ns option, not shutting off your speakers. As for me, I don't experience lag here on realms at all unless there are like 3+ other players helping.
chineseexalter
Skeleton
3 | 0
What s the point of even playing on MP when this uber is unplayable
wasted time on planning good build when im ripping 3rd character on that unplayable uber
at least didn't waste more time on this shit mod
Lasersdufutur
Heretic
415 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It’s not that hard. I play a squishy chaotic spark sorc and I can do it rather easily. Just get a lot of potions, stay in the corner and spam, eventually stuff dies. Don’t get cocky.

chineseexalter wrote:What s the point of even playing on MP when this uber is unplayable
wasted time on planning good build when im ripping 3rd character on that unplayable uber
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
chineseexalter wrote:What s the point of even playing on MP when this uber is unplayable

I ran this uber about 40 times on hardcore this ladder (didnt RIP there once). Early on at lvl 130 it was a bit more problematic and I saved exited twice since I was dropping frames. When I was killing them at a fast enough rate you dont drop as many frames since you dont give them a chance to let them cast attacks. The other thing that might affect it is your own attack maybe you are triggering some kind of proc or after effect combined with the legions mob attacks. The mods are after all working with a 20 year old d2 engine.

On a side note: I think hardcore is too easy now compared to when I started in 1.8. The mods have made a lot of ubers far more accessible and farming areas much easier now such as dunc, teganze, fauzt.
Desperx
Thunder Beetle
59 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What level is recomanded? I just died at lvl 120 but it was super fun.