By patch notes, melee devotion is back
Benben
Destroyer
7 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Per the storm notes:

STORM
The storm tree has been divided into two separate sub-trees: a caster tree using Stormcall and Askari Lightning, and a WDM tree with focus on Hammer of Zerae. You can only use one sub-tree or the other.

No longer compatible with Melee Devotion
Baler
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
I season started hammer amazon and can say the melee dovotion is a much needed defensive layer.
For those wondering Melee Devotion Does work with Hammer of Zerae now. (patch 2.3.2)

There is still however a small delay between using the hammer skills and them actually hitting a mob in their direct path upon creation.
This makes the build feel very stationary and increases the time one must stop to clear a pack.
other skills in similar melee range don't need to stop as long. And I'm well aware of breakpoints.
Benben
Destroyer
7 | 1
Donated 25 times
[quote="Baler"]For those wondering Melee Devotion Does work with Hammer of Zerae now. (patch 2.3.2)

omg I'm blind. ty ty

2.3.2 Additional Notes
- Fixed a bug with Chance to Hit and Chance to Get Hit not reading correctly
- Scosglen: fixed a bug that caused higher relic drops than intended
- Mooncall: fixed issue with distance casting
- Amazon Hammer Path now compatible with melee devotion
- Discharge: improved description
Benben
Destroyer
7 | 1
Donated 25 times
messing around with Storm set and TU's
Feels bad in Hell act1
Skeletonman
Dark Huntress
12 | 3
Happy to see melee devotion back for sure.

By the time my hammer is done rotation though the target for the bounce has moved or is dead... And I'm not going to just sit next to walls all day for a non leeching worse version of hoz.

Also in general A4 normal is extremely over tuned for elemental damage. Everything before and right after was fine.
Baler
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
I followed the Early Gear from this old guide: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=23629
It's a little outdated but it got me through to hell act 5 with zero issues.

My Hammer Amazon is level 121 still in TU's able to do Duncraig by kiting and using Jitan's Gate to avoid desync + get out of the middle of packs.
Mind you, I was doing duncraig before the melee devotion change, it's easier now, but not easy mode.
was able to solo all the Dungeons for charms up to 115, excluding Heart of Sin & Invasion II which I just havn't tried yet.

MO'd life leech on my weapon, it's sketchy but keeps me up.
I use Power Shift 99.9% of the time, Hammer of Zerae is just too slow for mowing down packs imo. This is why I max Reckoning of Zerae to 10, those lightning AOE's are awesome.

This is my s**t character, Not final build/gear but may help out someone newer just starting.
https://median-xl.com/char/BalerHammer
https://median-xl.com/acc/snapshot.php? ... 1656835337

edit- I leveled 110 to 115 in hell cow level, 115 to 120 in silver spire zone(s) i'd red portal do the 116 path, then 117 path and portal back and finish the left path from town. Running pack to pack holding Power Shift till the pack was 95% dead, repeat.
Cheeks
Prowler
17 | 0
I would hate to waste my battlemaiden, can someone say what umos are best used on her?
Zaraki
Azure Drake
161 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cheeks wrote:I would hate to waste my battlemaiden, can someone say what umos are best used on her?

First, oil of greater luck to bring ED as close to 200 as possible. Use ED MO to reach 200. Then max damage or deadly strike. Really depends what content you’re pushing as well and what your budget for other gear is.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If anything the build lacks clear, hammers are absolute god-tier at being trash for clear. It feels like playing a sacrifice paladin in vanilla while all the other people in your party are hammerdins, you're as useful as a wet napkin. At least before you had thundercrack now you need a relic to provide a clear skill.

Switched back to bowazon called it a day, great leveling spec that becomes dog-shit after 120.