Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Diaco wrote:Assassin Ultimate skills are 100% the worst out of any class..

And yet, one of the most powerful/versatile classes, but I agree.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Wotan wrote:
Diaco wrote:Assassin Ultimate skills are 100% the worst out of any class..

And yet, one of the most powerful/versatile classes, but I agree.

I can agree to that statement, but that is despite its terrible ultimate skills. Stronger ultis would probably make some builds OP, but you could definitely put some ulti skills there that buff the builds that are not in a good place (such as scorpion blade, trapsin, maelstrom, shuriken...) or even making a tradeoff like a skill that reduces max block in exchange of a big chunk of defense or something along those lines, which could change the mechanics or playability of certain builds, without necessarily buffing them.
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 18
Agree about assassin, i dont like their ulti's, same probably with druid, Vine is good buff, but AI so dumb and slow :(
Trashkitten
Stone Warrior
31 | 4
Thirding the assassin. Powerful, flexible class, with very forgettable ultimates. Totally understand wanting to avoid ultimates that make the class ridiculously unbalanced, which is why I'd agree, have them focus on less-popular builds. Maybe make nuke higher damage, but you *have* to cast it in catalyst-trap radius, with a long cooldown, and some cool debuffs.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
If assa had good ultimates she would be way to op.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
smartasss wrote:If assa had good ultimates she would be way to op.

the consensus seems to be that the "theme" of the class is versatility... then why not lean onto that for the ultis? Specially if the various skills trees are already balanced enough that an actual useful ulti would break them.

For example, I could see an ulti giving elemental spell damage+pierce per point of Cognition. This could open up Oskill builds, but also maybe make viable a hybrid phys/mag-elemental build which as of now is unheard of. Or a buff that reduces projectiles but greatly increases the AoE of Noctule and/or Crucify, giving clawsin a viable farming option, as well as opening up the possibility of going for non-claw/nagi builds

I don't know, I think there are ways you could make useful ultis without breaking the class
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Assassin is just a class that doesn't need ultimate skills. Of course it would be nice to see them in some useful manner. Now there is only Doom and there is only one build for that.

I'm more concerned about Paladin... Suberbeast, yes it's cool and been there nearly from the start. Dragon's Blessing, yay for some passive stats, thankfully that fugly morph was removed. Then Resurrect, it used to be useful when you could use mobses auras for your benefit and stuff like bunch of Traprats or Cruciators do their destruction, but now I want to see a person that actually uses the skill, an ULTIMATE skill.
Syphery
Lava Lord
99 | 175
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Multiplayer Badge
Has won 3 multiplayer contests
Great Skill Badge
Highly trained Warrior
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jampula wrote:Assassin is just a class that doesn't need ultimate skills. Of course it would be nice to see them in some useful manner. Now there is only Doom and there is only one build for that.

I'm more concerned about Paladin... Suberbeast, yes it's cool and been there nearly from the start. Dragon's Blessing, yay for some passive stats, thankfully that fugly morph was removed. Then Resurrect, it used to be useful when you could use mobses auras for your benefit and stuff like bunch of Traprats or Cruciators do their destruction, but now I want to see a person that actually uses the skill, an ULTIMATE skill.

doom is usefull for bossing only on physclaw, naginata to some extend (backstab magic dmg), psisin, maelstrom. so thats atleast 4 builds

TTraw wrote: Assassin's ultimates are kinda disappointing.

20% movement speed on a character that has 90% buff as a easy to reapply buff with Shadow Refuge. Meaning diminishing returns make it even lower in value.
Way of the Raven I am not sure which build wants to use this. Limpet Laser? Summon Sin? Does it even work with the bats?
With Doom being the only reasonable option that can boost your Damage but the constant reapplication means its only really used on bosses and not even half of the build can even benefit from this. But as you said it was a normal ability and it still feels like it is.

beacon certainly lost alot of value with movementspeed beeing shifted to shadowrush and the added meele qol added this patch (actually makes mit not ever worth taking atm) but raven is very good for a decent mount of builds such as throwsin, clawsin, naginata builds, oskill caster sins etc and also has some value for trapsin ( any sd increases trapdmg and it gives a good amount of cold sd with 1 sk pt)

doom certainly looks the the best current option that can use it cant argue against this. but as been stated before, assassin is a very versatile class, can be build in many different ways and doesnt really need ultimates to shine, and also has one of the strongest reward skills (if not the strongest) in the game with cloak. which kinda makes up for it

Ekital wrote: Paragon is severly underrated it's one of the most powerful skills in early ladder.

Yes and also no. with the jewelcrafting updates its very easy to craft jewels even early into the game now, they give a shitton of stats u want/need, obviously crafting near perfect jewels takes way more ac. but for a ladder start taking just jewels with 1-2 stats you want is not that bad for the zons that use it. paragon only seems strong because a few builds r forced into it because they have no other ultimate they profit from. but even on bowazon good jewels would be a huge deal imo

@ topic, Its very hard to make a general tierlist of the ultimates since one has to consider many situations, some ultimates r build enablers and thus r kinda *S Tier* by default, some are kinda meh and only picked because we have no other choice like neutrals choice.

tbh i didnt think bout it too much, but at first glance that is what mine would look like, Superbeast being the strongest Ultimate for me in the game by far. no matter what you use, can always be used with 5 Frames which is Insane on some stuff. paired with all passive stat gains and innate regen that come in form of the uhc tree (or uhm in rare cases like Azure uhm)
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 18
Agree about superbeast, 5 frames just too good.

I wish all builds could benefit from their class ultimates, not just by lame passive or buff aka beacon
Desperx
Thunder Beetle
59 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I agree that Resurect is pretty bad, only like Neutraldin use it and I wouldnt even waste point on this.