Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
SatyrLord wrote:So I quit that stuff too and went back to Median XL Xvc and found, what Sigma is lacking: OP Stuff almost everywhere: Tons of crazy O-Skills, OP-Builds with hilarious damage numbers, OP-Runewords, no Level Gating, appropiate progression (6 Tier-items + Sacreds) and Drop rates while maintaining a hard difficulty. Free item creation and respec Skills and Points at any time by a simple cube recipe. There was even a Dupe-recipe for SP a few patches earlier on the Cubelist stating "This is an online game and people have no morals" - GOD I loved this black humor! Also the Mod features didn't hold back to troll/challenge it's Players from the Start (Volrath the Vile,Witches, etc.) and in response to this nasty crap you waste some time to think of making another OP build to hunt down those monster mobs. Hell, I EVEN hat no problem using Teleport and Identifiy scrolls again and revealed every f****** map. Great time!

True tbh. When I think about the times I remember having the most fun I think about XIV-XV chaos season... :o

Something I also really miss is the SPEED. Run speed. When Ring of Disengagement was low key the best ring lol.

Kinda get why everything was adjusted over the years, but it was still more fun with broken stuff everywhere.
Also no annoying fetchquests in a2/a3 was nice.

Of course a lot of stuff in Sigma is good (Yshari boss split is good, QoL is good, 4 tier > 6 imo, new content, new skills, 1 hand casters more viable now etc etc) but there was something really nice about that time compared to nowadays. Community was more dynamic too, but I don't follow discord so I may be wrong about that one.
Maybe it's just nostalgia and I have gotten old.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Please make ETH caster weapons more attractive, they should drop with base spell dmg or cast speed increased etc.
If not why do they even drop melee Wand necro is even a build for that?
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tier 4 items dropping in labs seems like a bad idea. Scolsglen is just outright better farming than any lab short of tier 10. Simply removing t4’s and doing something to make corrupted bosses worth killing (maybe have them drop corrupted boxes or a small chance to drop a riftstone) would go a long way to encouraging the progression into labs for farmers.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
void wrote:
SatyrLord wrote:So I quit that stuff too and went back to Median XL Xvc and found, what Sigma is lacking: OP Stuff almost everywhere: Tons of crazy O-Skills, OP-Builds with hilarious damage numbers, OP-Runewords, no Level Gating, appropiate progression (6 Tier-items + Sacreds) and Drop rates while maintaining a hard difficulty. Free item creation and respec Skills and Points at any time by a simple cube recipe. There was even a Dupe-recipe for SP a few patches earlier on the Cubelist stating "This is an online game and people have no morals" - GOD I loved this black humor! Also the Mod features didn't hold back to troll/challenge it's Players from the Start (Volrath the Vile,Witches, etc.) and in response to this nasty crap you waste some time to think of making another OP build to hunt down those monster mobs. Hell, I EVEN hat no problem using Teleport and Identifiy scrolls again and revealed every f****** map. Great time!

True tbh. When I think about the times I remember having the most fun I think about XIV-XV chaos season... :o

Something I also really miss is the SPEED. Run speed. When Ring of Disengagement was low key the best ring lol.

Kinda get why everything was adjusted over the years, but it was still more fun with broken stuff everywhere.
Also no annoying fetchquests in a2/a3 was nice.

Of course a lot of stuff in Sigma is good (Yshari boss split is good, QoL is good, 4 tier > 6 imo, new content, new skills, 1 hand casters more viable now etc etc) but there was something really nice about that time compared to nowadays. Community was more dynamic too, but I don't follow discord so I may be wrong about that one.
Maybe it's just nostalgia and I have gotten old.

It is nostalgia and the fact that early Median XL versions existed in a very different time.
Laz's MXL released in late 2008 and was developed until about 2012.
Path of Exile didn't existed back then, neither did Diablo 3 or Lost Ark or Last Epoch or Grim Dawn.
Concept of 'endgame' was a rarity at that time.

Diablo 2 Mods discord has a FTP server that hosts several hundred mods, including legacy Median XL versions. Not ALL of them as there were hundreds of them (many 'beta' versions outside of release versions) but enough for you to choose from. All those old versions are compatible with modern D2SE and PlugY, so the QOL is there.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
Marco wrote:Vets - who provide most realm activity - would get bored and move on, so our difficult task was to try tackle a issue that is massively shared among arpgs. To extend the duration of the "ladder cycle".

- if game is too easy, ladder is over in a day. if its too hard, ppl quit because no interest in "shallow endless grindfest"
- if we make new content, rules change, guides become outdated, and information inaccessible. If no new content, meta is stale.

how does it behoove mxl to extend the duration of the ladder cycle? most other games want to do this because of the financial incentive but from my understanding that is the not the case for mxl, unless i am misunderstanding mxl's unique position.

Marco wrote:- if game is too easy, ladder is over in a day. if its too hard, ppl quit because no interest in "shallow endless grindfest"

the goblin season is a good case study here. i dont have the numbers behind this but the goblin season arguably made the game easier, in a very noticeable way. but it also seemed like it was the "lengthiest" and most active season i have participated in. so it felt like easier did not equal shorter, but rather easier equated to longer, but the factor isn't really "easier". perhaps it's novelty, or interesting mechanics, or increased reward systems, easier build exploration, etc.

i dont know if i'm right but some things to think about.

-HeaT
BoneZone
Balrog
133 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Sky Murder yellow text dosent add 1 stormcrows knife on skill itself so im assuming this is not +1 to crows and +1 during wichwind.
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
BoneZone wrote:Sky Murder yellow text dosent add 1 stormcrows knife on skill itself so im assuming this is not +1 to crows and +1 during wichwind.

If you read the yellow text again you might notice its not meant to add +1 total knife, but rather +1 target, in other words your knives dont focus targets 1 by 1 but 2 by 2 (unless theres only one ennemy), which makes storm crows WAY FASTER at clearing packs of ennemies :)
BoneZone
Balrog
133 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Well then i was obviously reading it wrong thank you for this <3
RyougiShiki
Pit Knight
117 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
cowking wrote:
Khran wrote:at the very least, it would make some players, who actively dodge bossing, experience and enjoy Median to it's fullest.

Khran wrote:enjoy Median to it's fullest

Charm rng is literally one of the easily fixable big problems remaining in median.

Having to kill valthek 15 times for a +1 charm is not good content. Neither is killing him 60 times.

Having to run scroll of kings 15 times for 20% attr is not good content.

Having to kill witch 27 times is not good content.

List goes on. Would be way better to move this stuff as reward to new content. Eg kill new boss x at the end of new area y, get ingredient z, cube with the sleep for triune trophy bonus (which is removed entirely == cancer).

For all I care all trophies (which are manufactured waste of time) are removed as is and they only drop from labs if you kill the lab equivalent.

I think this 60 charms = 1 trophy is due to my experience of 200+laz without 1 single trophy when there's no trophy shards. I did complain heavily then next patch it becomes what we have now.

Am I benefit from this change ? yes and no.
the good thing is, I know the max time limit I need to put in trophy farming. no matter how bad luck I have I can always finish 1 trophy within 60 runs.
the bad thing is, I can't sell charms as many as I want.
e.g. I sell repos in early seasons because I just need to farm a trophy, before that all my rest repos are useless until they become tg. but now when I sell it I just feel, hmmm, sell 1 more means I need to farm 1 more to cube a trophy. which is quite annoying because this is really boring with thousands to time to run for all the trophies.

but overall I think it's a good patch against stupid RNG engine.

plus, the charm is quite ez now compared to the old versions.
the whole charm system isn't a big problem in my own perspective.