Complaints this season

Discuss Median XL!
stas339
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Khran wrote:One thing that could be done for charms is character-binding on charm trophying. The MOs already do some work on the gear but it is a bit sad to have the entire market flooded with full charm packs the moment people are quitting the game, if you don't have as much time early in the season to keep up the pace.

May also make people think twice about spending a lot of tg early, since selling your gear after you're done with the season early easily gets you the tg back. I know I've done it the last time I played.

Well I have to disagree, you don't need to quit the game to sell a charm pack.
The reason market is flooded with charms is that ubers became so easy(not counting deimoss, laz, samael) so even negative iq people can kill them with some ridiculous op meta builds and then sell the packs. I remember the times when ubers were actually challenging. Charms such as bone pile, Xazax could get you easy 30tg cuz there were not many people that could kill the boss and way less to sell charms.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
stas339 wrote:I remember the times when ubers were actually challenging.

I 'memberberrie too, and the time when CoV used to be the ultimate challenge. But this is callled mainstreaming. Ubers still provide good challenge to new and casual players, I watched my brother strugling with early ones and it was amusing, in his words "I fucking hate these things but I love to beat them!"
Khran
Vampiress
38 | 4
stas339 wrote:Well I have to disagree, you don't need to quit the game to sell a charm pack.
The reason market is flooded with charms is that ubers became so easy(not counting deimoss, laz, samael) so even negative iq people can kill them with some ridiculous op meta builds and then sell the packs. I remember the times when ubers were actually challenging. Charms such as bone pile, Xazax could get you easy 30tg cuz there were not many people that could kill the boss and way less to sell charms.

Are people even taking the time to read the posts they are disagreeing with? My post was about TROPHIED charms flooding markets, not random 30 tg bone piles at the very start of the season.

As for ubers being easier - it is true to an extent - but mostly it's just more and more talent trees being viable. The Xazax you mentioned is a perfect example - the fight always was extremely easy for the majority of ranged characters. Now, without direct changes, he is doable for most characters as soon as they hit the level threshold required to enter. Point is, he wasn't ever difficult for a number of specs.

When talking about the overall difficulty in the mod, I think the user Morphed described this issue in a better way, by saying that nowadays most bosses are being killed the moment they become available, without any kind of extra preparation. Now, this is definitely true, but then, is there anyone who actually enjoys getting a laz set?

Ultimately, these bosses aren't fresh anymore and most players in this mod are vets with true and tested methods of beating the bosses they know. All you can do is adapt, the past is not coming back.
dasdaadaa
Pit Knight
119 | 1
Khran wrote:Are people even taking the time to read the posts they are disagreeing with? My post was about TROPHIED charms flooding markets, not random 30 tg bone piles at the very start of the season.

As for ubers being easier - it is true to an extent - but mostly it's just more and more talent trees being viable. The Xazax you mentioned is a perfect example - the fight always was extremely easy for the majority of ranged characters. Now, without direct changes, he is doable for most characters as soon as they hit the level threshold required to enter. Point is, he wasn't ever difficult for a number of specs.

When talking about the overall difficulty in the mod, I think the user Morphed described this issue in a better way, by saying that nowadays most bosses are being killed the moment they become available, without any kind of extra preparation. Now, this is definitely true, but then, is there anyone who actually enjoys getting a laz set?

Ultimately, these bosses aren't fresh anymore and most players in this mod are vets with true and tested methods of beating the bosses they know. All you can do is adapt, the past is not coming back.

The question is: more players or better price?
dasdaadaa
Pit Knight
119 | 1
There are not many guides, so many players often get lost! Some guides are outdated, some are nerf after one season.
fobosollo
Acid Prince
49 | 2
Ive always got tons of respect to Laz and later Marco(and team) for thousands of hours of playing. Thank You all who contributed through years for that (no sarcasm). I wonder about Lazs new d2r mod, sure will try it out of respect to the MAIN MAN. Mod is in really good spot, there is shitton of things to be farmed and to do. My few cents to the topic and why i complain:

Playing meele was is and will be cancer - im doing bat sin now, it is bit better and still so terrible. Oh wait they fucked up again and you can cheeze labs like all did with totem nec - you can summ bats through walls.
Lvl gating was, in my opinion, retarded move. Its just disgusting.
Any skill which is not auto target or got screen wide aoe its garbage - oh thats suprise.
Drop rates are obviously fked up, hey who got more sorc set amus, me like 30 so far. But wait, who is not farming astro totems now? Another "great" feature.
Why playing sin resembles piano, i dont understand purpose of having buffs which got 15s duration and no cooldown, yeah pinning perfect being into SR was such a good move. You cant even cast SR in town btw ... .
dacoshild
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
I also hate level gating. It was always the most boring part of endgame dungeons.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
please remove keys of Sin/Lies running that 60x times to get a Trophy is so annoying, make it a Portal/Entrance somewhere close
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Please increase Heartseeker skill range and accuracy, most of the time projectiles dont follow the mob - visibility?
Second issue is when the enemy starts to run, projectiles chasing the enemy are missing the target 90% of the time.
SatyrLord
Imp
4 | 1
The reason is pretty simple: Most complainers announced their quitting and therefore they don't complain anymore.

I call myself a newb/pleb and first started Median XL with Version 1.99 and followed the Mod over the years. (Much Praise to LAZ and the Developers Team here for countless hours of fun).

I try to explain it from my nonrelevant point of view: When I started Sigma I grew bored with it very soon but couldn't explain "why" in the first place. I switched from SC realm to HC realm and found it okay, though still missing out most of the Content, not being interested. It got worse with every Season and so I decided to quit the Launcher/realm and went back to D2 Vanilla with it's hilarious Community Mods (Slaughter Mod, Boss Mod, Drop Mod etc. from 2004 or whatever) few weeks ago. The Mods were hilarious fun for a few days, but then I remembered that Blizzard back in the Day was just "evil", because of the awful addictive Drop rates and greedy community. I remembered the scam, the dupes, the hacking, so stepping back to Vanilla led me to nowhere. Blizzard Made a great game but also very addictive and abusive. I remember it clearly, even 20 years later.

So I quit that stuff too and went back to Median XL Xvc and found, what Sigma is lacking: OP Stuff almost everywhere: Tons of crazy O-Skills, OP-Builds with hilarious damage numbers, OP-Runewords, no Level Gating, appropiate progression (6 Tier-items + Sacreds) and Drop rates while maintaining a hard difficulty. Free item creation and respec Skills and Points at any time by a simple cube recipe. There was even a Dupe-recipe for SP a few patches earlier on the Cubelist stating "This is an online game and people have no morals" - GOD I loved this black humor! Also the Mod features didn't hold back to troll/challenge it's Players from the Start (Volrath the Vile,Witches, etc.) and in response to this nasty crap you waste some time to think of making another OP build to hunt down those monster mobs. Hell, I EVEN hat no problem using Teleport and Identifiy scrolls again and revealed every f****** map. Great time!

My Conclusion: The Mod went serious and is "okay" now, but I really miss the OP days. One can't have everything.