Cannot decide what build to play...

Discuss Median XL!
zollnierz
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hello :)

I have been playing MXL offline for last 3 seasons and i am looking for a new buikd that will deal with scolsgen farm and all ubers before it.

Up to now I have been through:
- poisob ww barb
- summoner barb
- unh caster paladin
- lightning sorc
- melee sorc
- xbow necro
- storm zon
- summoner necro

Most success and fun I've had with the summoner necro. Currently playing java zon and I dont feel it. I thing the block stun annoys me.

I am poking around fire sorc but can't find up to date guides. Any recommendations how to build and gear it? Or maybe some other build that deals easy with dunc, fauz with just a set?
paolo12
Cog
207 | 18
Desperx
Thunder Beetle
59 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Unholy caster paly is really good, roflstomp fautz in just crafted gear
Storm zon roflstomp fautz and especially bosses, still decent just in set, I killed baal in 30 sec rofl, altough need gg gear to shine
Summoner necro roflstomp scoglen and decent at bosses, my main, both sets are good

I also have:
Holy meele paladin, roflstomp everything, but now have problems with resists in scoglen, my second favourite tho, strong just in set

Frozen orb sorc, is just weak the damage is abysmal, was killing baal 4 minutes and did like 20% of hp, real dissapoitment and I have set and relic as well, altough only avarage gear, but other chars perform much better with similar level of gear.

Barb Guard tower, stoped at fautz, was weak with avarage gear, need heavy investment to be good

Druid wearwolf the pounce seems weak, its super fun skill tho, stoped at 105 didnt found set yet will test him later

Write which class you chosed and how you like it later, when you will be in end game
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Poison or fire sorceress can do all content and they really shine in T10 just like Cold one.

Lighting one is crap especially when leveling.

Mana sorc is crap too. 45000 mana, extreme setup and 0 dps.
Only Immersion does any damage there, but before that happens, it's practically in close combat.

The Psionic Assasin is a fruit juicer. I always say that.

Why not try something unusual like Orb of Annihilation or Trinity Beam?
TommiHelm
Destroyer
6 | 0
Kind of hard to be sure what you are after here. First you say you want to do scosglen farm and all ubers, then you finish with just easy dunc/fauzt on set. Those require very different things.

For easy dunc/fauzt on set you should already be able to do that with summoner necro on the set.

I used these guides in the International Forum to get started on my SSF journey this season: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69236&start=50 . It's in a language I don't understand, but at least in Chrome you can just right-click the page and "Translate" and it's in good enough english for me to understand.

I've just done the summoner variant with Satanic Mantra set, Graven Image shield, Truce belt, and Kali gloves (I should really make Aiwass). Priestess (Act 1) merc with full Bow set. And Iron Golem from a T4 Naginata TU (Na-Krul's Spine). With that I can just teleport around Fauzt and stuff dies. Same in Dunc obviously, but I like Fauzt better cause my Merc just strolls into barrels in Dunc.

It's a great starter for SSF for sure. I've found literally every normal set so far (the ones that can drop in K3K), and it's helping me fuel my alt addiction. I think I have every class except Sorc well into Hell now, and I can't decide what I want to push hard on (like you), but that's fine. I love trying new builds more than pushing one to the max myself. I just kind of go where ever the drops I get take me.

I kind of want to try the XBow setup on that same International guide, but I've yet to find any of the Zakarum set sadly. I also want a character that can farm me all the charms my Necro can't. I have a Clawsin at 125 that seem to be able to just facetank most so far (with set), but is to boring to level higher. And a Stormzon that just crushes some bosses with set, but is a bit to squishy for my liking.

For scosglen, all ubers and labs you kind of need to either trade or farm A LOT no matter what build you choose I think. Although, I'm actually farming Scosglen ok with the summoner necro with the same setup mentioned above. Can even kill the druids with enough effort. But it's very slow, especially the trees (I don't think I understand how they work though). And it requires lots of resummoning. The Void Archon aura and 20'ish summons make it doable cause you don't get hit very often, and you're far from getting one shot. It's not very fun though imo, so I tend to just stick to Fauzt/Brem when I play the summoner.

Anyways, there's tons of builds that can do Fauzt/Dunc farming well on fairly easy to get gear - and there's quite a few builds that can do Scosglen/Labs well with good gear. And I'm guessing tons of builds that can do it all with perfect gear. So if you really wanna push the late late game content, I suggest picking something you enjoy playing and just keep pushing it to the limit. I haven't found that poison yet myself, so I'm probably making another alt.
partial
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
zollnierz wrote:I am poking around fire sorc but can't find up to date guides. Any recommendations how to build and gear it? Or maybe some other build that deals easy with dunc, fauz with just a set?

for fire sorc:

set helm+boots til you can get expensive runewords
crafted chest, then ritualist til you can get old religion
set wep til you can get habaclava's+vaetia's
fascinating craft gaunts w/ +2sk
+3sk rare ammy w/ fire rolls til you can get a big fire Tesserect (+lucky oil)
+1sk rare rings w/ good fire rolls (+lucky oil)
sacred honorific belt til you can get lunar eclipse or dementia

stack fire damage and pierce -> melt everything with flamefront and use flamestrike for bosses

as far as other builds, Neutraldin is pretty good w/ just their set and some TUs/crafts + rare jewelry
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
paolo12 wrote:wheel decide
:twisted:

This is severely underrated, but I think it might be a bit biased. Too many paladin vouchers.
zollnierz
Skeleton
3 | 0
Immortal2563 wrote:Poison or fire sorceress can do all content and they really shine in T10 just like Cold one.

Lighting one is crap especially when leveling.

Mana sorc is crap too. 45000 mana, extreme setup and 0 dps.
Only Immersion does any damage there, but before that happens, it's practically in close combat.

The Psionic Assasin is a fruit juicer. I always say that.

Why not try something unusual like Orb of Annihilation or Trinity Beam?

do you know of any up-to-date guide for Fire Sorc?
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=59921

Much has not changed. There is a new Rw for armor. Someone who did them and exactly what needed to be done. Natasha or Old Religion is good tooYou can replace Vaetia with a Celestial Barrirer. +5 skill point is a lot. You only need to generate +1 max all resists to compensate via corrupt for this. It also has 10% more fire pierce.

For secon weapon Take a stick from the lightning set. Has +10 skill points for prebuffs.

Tainted Blood and Blood Fury works great for poison sor, so they will also work here. Tainted Blood gives you the necessary regeneration you need when using Blood Fury (Bloodlust three times stronger), defense and poison resistance 1xx%. The third relic its ur choice. More damage or one missile more to Flamefont.

The problem with these sorcs is the 290% elemental resistances you need to have to withstand T10. It's really much too much. In my case, it was only crafted jewels that saved me.

Marco consider taking it from 260 to 290 was wise. Maybe compensate for it on what charm?